Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167662 times)

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2920 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
Getting a Rare Borg Tech drop is usually influenced by whether you accomplish the Optional Objective.

Prototype Borg Tech is ONLY found as a rare drop in Elite STFs, tech type is also specific to each STF; however I can't remember what at the moment.

Sadly, getting a Mk XII MACO Deflector, and the other two parts being Mk XI or X, doesn't give you the set bonus...
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2921 on: February 10, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »
So if I got a Mk XI MACO deflector, to get the full benefits I have to be sure to get the other two parts at Mk XI...

And I don't know if the optional objective was completed or not, but I want to say it wasn't.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2922 on: February 10, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
You can get the tech loot from normal drops, or even from the regular reward bag, but from what I understand the best chance is in the optional objective bag.

If I recall correctly, Infected space and ground drops Shield tech and PSG tech respectively, Cure Space drops the engine tech, cure ground drops weapon tech, KA space drops deflector tech and ground drops the Armor tech.

Edit:
In fact I just got a prototype borg shield tech from the regular reward bag, without completing the Infected Space optional.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #2923 on: February 11, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
hmm.. transphasic torps or that Doomsday killer torp....
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2924 on: February 11, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
You can get the tech loot from normal drops, or even from the regular reward bag, but from what I understand the best chance is in the optional objective bag.

If I recall correctly, Infected space and ground drops Shield tech and PSG tech respectively, Cure Space drops the engine tech, cure ground drops weapon tech, KA space drops deflector tech and ground drops the Armor tech.

Edit:
In fact I just got a prototype borg shield tech from the regular reward bag, without completing the Infected Space optional.

In other words, it's completely random.  I really hate that kind of thing.  And they should make versions where you don't have to team up with people who don't know what they're doing.  Almost lost the Khitomer space one before I realized that no one was stopping the probes heading for the vortex, so I took up that duty.  At the very least, an Odyssey is good for that kind of thing.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2925 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
It's not completely random, the chances are just higher if you complete the Optional Objective.

And Lionus, I honestly prefer Photons and Quantums to all other torpedos.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2926 on: February 11, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
It's not completely random, the chances are just higher if you complete the Optional Objective.

And Lionus, I honestly prefer Photons and Quantums to all other torpedos.

That's just because they have a higher base DPS.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #2927 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Have you guys tried the new featured mission?
I gave it a go and found it annoying, buggy and filled with annoying whiny voice overs (Kurland being the worst of them).
Will give it a miss for a week or two.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2928 on: February 11, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
Buggy?  Only bug I found was because of my own stupidity when it came to making officers available for the duty roster. :facepalm:

And I will definitely agree about the voice overs...reminds me of why I keep them OFF.  That and as sensual as Chase Masterson is, her voice does start to grate after a while.

The only annoyance was it took me a couple of tries to get the Gorn ambassador for the Klingons to listen to reason.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2929 on: February 11, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »
Have you guys tried the new featured mission?
I gave it a go and found it annoying, buggy and filled with annoying whiny voice overs (Kurland being the worst of them).
Will give it a miss for a week or two.

Captain Kurland had ONE line.

I had no bugs, the Gorn voiceover was epic (Though I'm convinced they drafted in Cobra Commander). Don't forget, these people are not proffessional voice artists, they're devs and a few 'special guests'.

I'm glad we finally got a featured episode that wasn't COMPLETELY combat. (Though the [Diplomatic] options make it hella easy :P)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2930 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »
am I the only one who liked the voice overs? They were way better then the ones in the Romulan Series.

I really loved the Gorn's, it was inspired by the ENT Mirror episodes, if you listen carefully its dual layered, the English voice with the grows and hisses underneath.

Also fun fact, Kurland and the Ferengi in Quarks were voiced by Jeremy formally of STOked podcast and now an Employee at Cryptic, and his co-host is the voice of a Bajoran somewhere.

I never encountered any bugs either, My play through was completely unhindered.

If you're in a team some dialogue choices have a voting system like SWTOR

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2931 on: February 11, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
I will admit I liked the Gorn.  Though his head reminded me of "Godzilla" from the movie starring Matthew Broderick.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2932 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
majormagna: they can't GET Cobra Commander.  Chris Latta commited suicide in the late eighties [/TFnerd]

this game is getting more and more intriguing as it goes, and I am SORELY tempted. MY problem is i'd need a friggin brand new CPU on top of everything else to meet the minimum requirements.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2933 on: February 12, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
Captain Kurland had ONE line.
And it was the very worst one.  I'd rather listen to the sound of a hard drive head crash on repeat all day.
I had no bugs, the Gorn voiceover was epic (Though I'm convinced they drafted in Cobra Commander). Don't forget, these people are not proffessional voice artists, they're devs and a few 'special guests'.
The gorn I think was the only decent one.  I noticed the dual layered part too :)
I have to admit something of a bias against one of the voice overs though.  The XO of ds9, what was her name? Adams?
She reminded me far far too much of an old boss of mine.  We erm, had history(?)

I'm glad we finally got a featured episode that wasn't COMPLETELY combat. (Though the [Diplomatic] options make it hella easy :P)
I didn't get the Diplomatic options.  They weren't greyed out they simply were not there during the conference. It was a nice change of pace though.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #2934 on: February 12, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »
She reminded me far far too much of an old boss of mine.  We erm, had history(?)

You have a female dwarf from World of Warcraft as a boss?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2935 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
I didn't get the Diplomatic options.  They weren't greyed out they simply were not there during the conference. It was a nice change of pace though.

I think, for the Diplomatic options, you need to get a Diplomatic rank 3.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2936 on: February 12, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
Actually you only need a high Diplo rank for one of the options, the other ones require you to do all the side missions successfully before the Conference.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2937 on: February 12, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
You have a female dwarf from World of Warcraft as a boss?

Where the hell did wow come from?  :idk:

Actually you only need a higherank for the final Diplomacy Option, the other ones require you to do all the side missions successfully before the Conference.

Have done all the side missions and still no diplo.  Not a hint. Not even a tiny little squidgy one.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2938 on: February 12, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »
That is very weird.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2939 on: February 12, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »