Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167631 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2940 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:01 PM »
I loved the DS9 space map in the FE series, proper nebula in the background, DS9 slightly smaller. Those changes are coming to the Social zone and any missions that used that area this week.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2941 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:51 PM »
I loved the DS9 space map in the FE series, proper nebula in the background, DS9 slightly smaller. Those changes are coming to the Social zone and any missions that used that area this week.

I find it funny that after you just saw the station get beat to hell and then taken over by the Dominion, you can still go there and hang out.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #2942 on: February 13, 2012, 12:12:38 AM »
I find it funny that after you just saw the station get beat to hell and then taken over by the Dominion, you can still go there and hang out.
I thought that was strange too.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2943 on: February 13, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »
Would love to see a proper evolution of the game. It would seem, the Dominion are prepping for a "2nd Dominion War" ... Would be fun seeing events happen dynamically in the game, with shifting control between "Computer Controlled Dominion" and the player factions, of various planets, starbases and even sectors.

Biggest letdown of the new episode: The continued access to DS9 despite what happened in the episode.

Thou i'm looking forward to what comes next.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2944 on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
well the Episodes I assume are to be considered to be 'out of continuity' with the rest of the missions until after they initially air, then they'll be placed somewhere in the mission progression is my theory, either during the Cardassian Arc, or sometime before the Borg Arc (considering they're doing negotiations about the Borg in episode 1.)

Also the next episode is on Bajor so I assume they'll open the Social zone next weekend with the episode.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #2945 on: February 13, 2012, 12:55:27 AM »
Where the hell did wow come from?  :idk:

Does the badly-acted Scottish accent come readily to mind? Hmm? :D

Biggest letdown of the new episode: The continued access to DS9 despite what happened in the episode.

Likely to avoid pissing off the STFers, seeing as DS9 is (AFAIK) the only place to get the MACO/Honor Guard/Omega gear.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2946 on: February 13, 2012, 01:57:15 AM »
well the Episodes I assume are to be considered to be 'out of continuity' with the rest of the missions until after they initially air, then they'll be placed somewhere in the mission progression is my theory, either during the Cardassian Arc, or sometime before the Borg Arc (considering they're doing negotiations about the Borg in episode 1.)

Also the next episode is on Bajor so I assume they'll open the Social zone next weekend with the episode.

That's one thing that disappointed me was the inability to visit Bajor.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2947 on: February 13, 2012, 02:01:07 AM »
Likely to avoid pissing off the STFers, seeing as DS9 is (AFAIK) the only place to get the MACO/Honor Guard/Omega gear.
Maybe, though since STO is an MMO I would bet that closing off DS9 for a week or however long this new Dominion occupation is going to last would inconvenience players who haven't hit the level cap yet or done the Cardassian front missions.  Not everyone has maxed out their characters ya know ;)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #2948 on: February 13, 2012, 06:57:45 AM »
Does the badly-acted Scottish accent come readily to mind? Hmm? :D
Having never played WOW that went straight over my head..

I miss :bigdance:

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2949 on: February 13, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
Having never played WOW that went straight over my head..

Ah...still, the accent on Commander Andrews was pretty bad, weren't it? :D

That's one thing that disappointed me was the inability to visit Bajor.

If the rumor is true and Bajor is the site of the next chapter, perhaps that will be rectified? Though I wonder if it'll be a one-time deal for these missions only, as opposed to Defera, which became a social hub (of sorts).
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2950 on: February 13, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
Ah...still, the accent on Commander Andrews was pretty bad, weren't it? :D
Very.

Anyone up for doing terradome with me? I've yet to do it having tried on my own (didn't get killed but couldn't get past that damned imposter).

Offline AdmiralKathryn

• Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Captain
« Reply #2951 on: February 13, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »
Well, as obviously not Scottish as Andrew's accent was, it was by far not the worst imitation I've ever heard ^^ Some of the pronounciation was actually not that bad.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2952 on: February 13, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
One group they always forget about is us Welsh.  I have never ever heard a Welsh accent in one of these things. 
Maybe get Michael Sheen in to play the next captain? :D

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2953 on: February 13, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
It would seem, the Dominion are prepping for a "2nd Dominion War"

Except these Dominion ships aren't technically affiliated with the real Dominion anymore, as they were considered lost, meaning most likely, the real Dominion won't do anything about it... It would be interesting to fight the 2,800 alongside the Dominion though...
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2954 on: February 13, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
Except these Dominion ships aren't technically affiliated with the real Dominion anymore, as they were considered lost, meaning most likely, the real Dominion won't do anything about it... It would be interesting to fight the 2,800 alongside the Dominion though...

Speaking of the actual Dominion...has there been any mention of Odo at all?  From what I've gathered, the only DS9 crewmember that's accounted for, and I could be wrong on this, is Kira.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2955 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
Speaking of the actual Dominion...has there been any mention of Odo at all?  From what I've gathered, the only DS9 crewmember that's accounted for, and I could be wrong on this, is Kira.

Kira is the Kai now, as I recall?

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #2956 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »
Kira..Kai? She didn't strike me as THAT religious person. :lostit:
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #2957 on: February 13, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »
Kira..Kai? She didn't strike me as THAT religious person. :lostit:

No but she does have the ability to kill every single motherf*cker in the room :D

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #2958 on: February 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
She's definitely religious, but not so much as to be blind to it.  She saw everything in a light similar to Sisko, who approached the Prophets in a scientific manner more than anything else.  That's probably a good reason she became Kai.  A sort of reconciliation between faith and science.  Yes, the Prophets aren't really gods per se, but they definitely gave the Bajorans a lot of philosophical and technological insight through the orbs.  A Kai who recognizes that would be a compromise of many sides of the Bajoran religion.  Two other things to take into account - Kira would be like 70 at this point, so it's likely her fiery side has died down a lot.  Kai Opaka gave me the impression that in her youth she used to be like Kira, so I can see Kira becoming like Opaka in her waning days.  Secondly, the Kai is elected.  It's not a conclave of the Vedeks, so the most religious of the candidates doesn't necessarily win.  Kira probably would have lots of public opinion on her side considering all the stuff she did for Bajor as DS9's XO and such.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2959 on: February 13, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
If the rumor is true and Bajor is the site of the next chapter, perhaps that will be rectified? Though I wonder if it'll be a one-time deal for these missions only, as opposed to Defera, which became a social hub (of sorts).

AFIK, Bajor is becoming a Social zone.