Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167633 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #3020 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
So the new FE episode was fun, I liked it. Lots of back story and hints as to where the Fleet Came from (I mean most players already knew, but its exposition for your captain)

Also I think Jon St. John did a voice... Seriously there is a Klingon character that sounds just like him.

Considering that sensor scans would have shown that the Dominion ships are a bit behind the technological curve and that listening posts in the Gamma Quadrant hadn't sent any warnings about a huge fleet of that size, one would think it wouldn't take too long to add 2 and 2 together.  Especially if any starship had any telepaths on board.

Also this:

Someone messed up.

EDIT 2: Would it have been that hard to create a new model for the Jem Hadar armor?  It looks just like my Polyweave Alloy Armor.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3021 on: February 18, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
I didn't notice the voice although I take off my headphones whenever I hear a voice over coming on in this game!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3022 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
Would it have been that hard to create a new model for the Jem Hadar armor?  It looks just like my Polyweave Alloy Armor.

Hell, My M.A.C.O Armor looks the same as the new "Jem Hadar Armor", and the Polyweave Alloy Armor.

Wouldn't mind some additional armor designs, eventhough "Armored personnel" is technically not very Trek-like.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3023 on: February 19, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
Well, the security guards in the movies did have some armour supposedly.

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #3024 on: February 19, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »
I actually like having armor, it makes going into a borg infested facility seem slightly less suicidal. Slightly.

Anyway, about the mission, why couldn't the dominion forces simply look at a calender on DS9 to confirm what my character was trying to tell them about being teleported to the future (present). For that matter, why couldn't the prophets give us a 5 minute warning? Nothing special, just take over some poor saps mind and have him push the red alert and disaster beacon buttons summoning every ship in the sector to deep space 9. By the time someone gets around to canceling the order, out pops the dominion fleet staring at a fully assembled federation fleet on one side and the klingons on the other (weapons pointed at eachother of coarse) There, problem solved.

At least the Malcolm Reynolds got a bit of target practice in :evil:
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3025 on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:37 AM »
In their defense, the station has been taken over by a Vorta, and the Vorta aren't exactly known for being hugely trusting.  I think we should be lucky that DS9 isn't under a Founder.  At least with a Vorta, you might have had a chance at convincing her of the truth.  A Founder would've called bullshit as soon as the first words left Kurland's mouth.

...Why oh why couldn't it have been a Weyoun clone?  Weyoun may have been a dick at times, but he was also reasonable.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3026 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »
Hell, My M.A.C.O Armor looks the same as the new "Jem Hadar Armor", and the Polyweave Alloy Armor.

Wouldn't mind some additional armor designs, eventhough "Armored personnel" is technically not very Trek-like.
we'll have to wait and see, they might be giving us another set costume like the MACO and Omega, if that's the case the armor model doesn't matter, I always hide it anyways.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3027 on: February 20, 2012, 05:49:14 AM »
we'll have to wait and see, they might be giving us another set costume like the MACO and Omega, if that's the case the armor model doesn't matter, I always hide it anyways.

And the Klingon ones don't give you the option to show it at all...not even with the Honor Guard outfits, AFAIK - considering aren't the Honor Guard outfits with helms and cloaks actually uniform pieces from completing the set, not the actual visuals of the set?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3028 on: February 20, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
Honestly I think the whole klingon side of STO is a bit of a damp squib.  I found it nowhere near as fun as the fed side.  The STFs are the worst though, I haven't seen any of the teamwork you get on the fed side!

BTW, is anyone else having trouble with server dropouts today? I was just on there and it was absolutely unplayable. Many others on qo'nos were having the same issues.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3029 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
The STFs are the worst though, I haven't seen any of the teamwork you get on the fed side!

Klingons not showing teamwork?  No way!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3030 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
Klingons not showing teamwork?  No way!

I'm serious.  I've done dozens of STFs as a fed and failed once maybe twice.  As a klingon I've attempted 8 and failed 8 each failure happening because everyone else drops out leaving me to do it on my own.  It also doesn't help there's still a goddamn leavers penalty if you're the last man out!

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #3031 on: February 21, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »
And the Klingon ones don't give you the option to show it at all...not even with the Honor Guard outfits, AFAIK - considering aren't the Honor Guard outfits with helms and cloaks actually uniform pieces from completing the set, not the actual visuals of the set?

Yeah, once you get all 3 MKXI Honor Guard Peices you unlock the armour costume, same with the MACO set.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3032 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »
Yeah, once you get all 3 MKXI Honor Guard Peices you unlock the armour costume, same with the MACO set.

Who knows, maybe it'll be the same with the Jem'Hadar armor.

Wish I could spend the time getting the MACO ground and space sets, but I may just settle for the Borg space equipment.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3033 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
I'm going back to the feds soon.  I'll be working my way up to get the full maco set for my ship in order to the the heavy grav beam. 
Because last night I saw one guy take on a transwarp gate single handed and win.  He didn't need to take out the nanite generators to do it!

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #3034 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Because last night I saw one guy take on a transwarp gate single handed and win.  He didn't need to take out the nanite generators to do it!

Sorry, but that has been 'fixed' now, from todays patchnotes:

Updated the nano healing beams for Borg STFs so they will no longer be disabled by powers that knock Auxiliary systems offline.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3035 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
Sorry, but that has been 'fixed' now, from todays patchnotes:

Updated the nano healing beams for Borg STFs so they will no longer be disabled by powers that knock Auxiliary systems offline.

I missed that bit.  Sheeiiiit!

And another thing why the hell does each and every single patch have to be 500mb+!? The change lists I'm looking at don't seem that long!

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #3036 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »
Say hello to the Star Fleet Renegades Founding members in the pic from left to right
Gibbs, MeteoraFallen, Centurus, Wiley E Coyote, and yours truly

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3037 on: February 24, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »
Wow, it's sure taking it's time on this patch! Smashed through the first 70% or so but it's slowed to a crawl :(

btw, I never see any of you guys on there.  Am I just getting the times wrong?

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #3038 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
we are on usually during late evenings EST anywhere from 9 on up to 2 in the morning and im stf addicted

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #3039 on: February 24, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
Update is helluva slow for me too.  :lostit:
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches