Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167662 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #3460 on: July 21, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »
EDIT: I did a random IGE, and when we finally killed manus, I discovered what I've been coveting for months, the prototype PSG :yay: . Now with my completed maco set, I just need to get lucky and collect the 3 prototypes again for omega force :banghead: then do it again on my alts :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I did IGE the other night and got the rare PSG...then go for CGE and what drops? The prototype gun. And alas, it's not like WoW, the sets don't stack as you upgrade 'em (more's the pity)...but at least I got a cool gun, heh. (Khitomer Accord is just scary...I hate that map. *shudder*)
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3461 on: July 22, 2012, 05:40:57 AM »
KA is easy enough. Just make sure you have an engineer or two with weapon malfunction to shut down the heavy and elite tac drones.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #3462 on: July 23, 2012, 02:19:58 AM »
Also, when you get to the bottom of the second downward tunnel, skip the elite in the next room by jumping over the railings. And yeah, engies make that run so much easier with mortars and bombs. That said, good luck, this game likes to tease you by dropping 2 pieces of gear, then never giving you that third piece.

Anyway I dusted off my old assault cruiser, and after playing an oddy for so long it feels weird being able to turn again. I'm actually adding torpedoes to my firing rotation again, so that's good I guess.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #3463 on: July 24, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »
Finished my Mark XI Honor Guard set. For all that they get shafted in the gameplay department, the Klingons certainly have better outfits:

"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3464 on: July 24, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Also, when you get to the bottom of the second downward tunnel, skip the elite in the next room by jumping over the railings.

Yup.

And yeah, engies make that run so much easier with mortars and bombs.
Nope.  The mortars tend to cause problems with mob aggro (as in aggroing absolutely everything in play at once and causing them to come *running* at you.)
Far better to have a borg heavy hitter that simply doesn't shoot for a little while.  The only time I ever use quantum mortars nowadays is just outside the boss room in infected ground.  Otherwise my eng toon only ever uses enemy neutralization for the fuse armor and weapon malfunction powers. 

That said, good luck, this game likes to tease you by dropping 2 pieces of gear, then never giving you that third piece.

Ugh, too goddamn true pal, too goddamn true!

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #3465 on: July 24, 2012, 08:38:01 PM »
Eh, I think my engineer has the Bunker kit - shield, med generator, disruptor turret. And I'm a little broke, I just spent my dilithium contributing to fleet projects, heh - are there kits available from the STF vendors on DS9?

Offline BFGfreak

« Reply #3466 on: July 25, 2012, 01:19:07 AM »

The mortars tend to cause problems with mob aggro (as in aggroing absolutely everything in play at once and causing them to come *running* at you.)
Far better to have a borg heavy hitter that simply doesn't shoot for a little while.  The only time I ever use quantum mortars nowadays is just outside the boss room in infected ground.  Otherwise my eng toon only ever uses enemy neutralization for the fuse armor and weapon malfunction powers.

The trick is to use them smartly; for KAGE I only drop mortars in the spawn room (they cover you all the way down) and rely on Enemy Neut, however mortars are a lifesaver in CGE at the spider node thingies. All I need to do is drop them near the second borg turret, and they provide coverage on all the nodes. Besides, I cannot count how many times hero mortar saved the day against Armek.

As for IGE, well lets just say I use them exclusively there until the final boss room where I switch to equipment technician for some survivablity. Just drop them where everyone is stacking along with the medical generator and you can easily clear out the room before you trigger the countdown. Your results may vary

Ugh, too goddamn true pal, too goddamn true!

Well at least now you can do fleet missions while you're waiting for that last mission to go off cooldown. IMO, it's slightly better than doing another STF and getting yet another gun tech.
-Sarge

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3467 on: August 07, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »
New dev blog.  

Good lord that ship is ugly.

EDIT

Linky fail  :picardfacepalm:

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3468 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
it isnt a bad ship overall, i just think the designer could sweep the pylons backwards instead of forward, and move the nacells a little closer to the saucer (not much) and it'd look brilliant. ive already voiced this on the comments for the blog post, but i doubt itll get listened to...

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #3469 on: August 07, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
If John Eaves were dead, he would be rolling in his grave! That thing's just ugh! lol
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3470 on: August 07, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
I've seen worse.  Hell I've designed worse.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3471 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35:01 PM »
only thing I'd change on that ship is the deflector
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3472 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
only thing I'd change on that ship is the deflector

Get to it then lol j/k

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #3473 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
I would change the nacelles. They look hideous. Like melted versions of the Odyssey's.

Offline BFGfreak

« Reply #3474 on: August 08, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
I'm probably going to stick to my standard sovereign variant on my ship, this is of course assuming that the stats on this refit are significantly better than the assault cruiser to warrant paying $25 (more turn, maybe an extra tac slot, definitely the corbomite deflector from Armada.)
-Sarge

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #3475 on: August 08, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
I'm probably going to stick to my standard sovereign variant on my ship, this is of course assuming that the stats on this refit are significantly better than the assault cruiser to warrant paying $25 (more turn, maybe an extra tac slot, definitely the corbomite deflector from Armada.)

Armada...ah, I remember the Empire and Federation mod for that thing. Genesis-exploding people was fun.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3476 on: August 08, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »
(more turn, maybe an extra tac slot, definitely the corbomite deflector from Armada.)

Man, an engineer in one of those with the corbo would make for one incredible tank imo.  Literally just sit next to a tac cube or gateway and say "yo, come at me brah"  :rotflmfao:

ps, why can't the "rofl" smiley I used be simply :rofl:?

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3477 on: August 09, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
well if this ship is also a new costume for the sovereign and allows part splicing, ill definatly be changing the pylons and possibly the secondary hull to the sovereigns/ a calss that better suits it...

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #3478 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
Well the lastest Q&A session blog has been released and there are a few good questions in there. One of them was about the Vesta class which they are actually working on in getting ingame as well as PvP updates. Wish someone would ask if we would ever get a TR116 rifle with boosted stats

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3479 on: August 11, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
Great, the Vesta class.  Another ship I'd want. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.