Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 168823 times)

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #3540 on: August 24, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »
For some reason the wells reminds me of the xindi aquatic's vessel from Enterprise. Well the guy did say that the xindi joined the federation, maybe their ship designs went over better than the space kitties did.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3541 on: August 24, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »
Seeing as the Xindi in Starfleet was from the 26th century and the Wells is from the 29th...anything's possible, heh.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #3542 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:50 PM »
the Wells, Vesta and Kolath are gone from the foundry list in the latest tribble patch.

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #3543 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:06 PM »
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=647421
Well if you guys were looking to buy any of the new ships, looks like now's the time to buy the zen.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
« Reply #3544 on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
I still think they need to make the KDF it's own, stand alone faction. This needing a federation toon first is kinda crap. Not to mention, the KDF has no zones of its own beyond Omega Leonis. And you don't even start at the same rank as you do in Fed. And there's no content from them.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3545 on: August 25, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
I still think they need to make the KDF it's own, stand alone faction. This needing a federation toon first is kinda crap. Not to mention, the KDF has no zones of its own beyond Omega Leonis. And you don't even start at the same rank as you do in Fed. And there's no content from them.

Not happening, they won't get any, they never have (they started at level 6 at first, which was what you had to get to as a Fed to unlock them), and there won't be.

Speaking of things we've been promised and teased with but haven't happened yet for the last two-and-a-half years: A preview of Into the Hive, coming in season....4? 5? 6? 7? 8?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=648461
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3546 on: August 25, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
Season 13 I think ;)
I do hope they leave those ships out (Well, korath, vesta).  2 don't belong and the 3rd is just ugly as hell.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3547 on: August 25, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
I love the Vesta, and it is coming in season 7, it was confirmed by Dan Stahl.

Also I have a theory the Wells and Korath are not player ships, but NPCs in an upcoming mission involving the Tholians, in Season 7. Why else would it have its own unique weapon set as an NPC?

Remember, Tholians love to fuck when subsapce, and it has been known to cause time portals (In a Mirror Darkly)

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3548 on: August 25, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
Unique weapon set? Where did you hear this?
Remember, I've been without an internet connection for the last week :)

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3549 on: August 25, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
Unique weapon set? Where did you hear this?
Remember, I've been without an internet connection for the last week :)

Sorry, I mean it has a different weapon set then normal FED NPC ships, it uses Anti-Proton Beams, and Chroniton Torpedoes.

It also uses Science Abilities, so it is a science ship.

But obviously, this is not final in any way, and it is just a theory.

I've just been reminded, the USS Wells showing up, was similar to when the Nebula was added, it kept showing up everywhere as the USS T'Kumbra

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3550 on: August 25, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
Not happening, they won't get any, they never have (they started at level 6 at first, which was what you had to get to as a Fed to unlock them), and there won't be.

Speaking of things we've been promised and teased with but haven't happened yet for the last two-and-a-half years: A preview of Into the Hive, coming in season....4? 5? 6? 7? 8?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=648461

Here's a very handy link for "The History of the KDF in STO"; http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrine_Falcon
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3551 on: August 25, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
Personally, I'd love the Wells class.  I love that design.  Not necessarily a good Federation vessel, but still a cool design.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3552 on: August 28, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
Guess who got drive by silenced again?
MOI! argh

Also 2 new dev blogs #24 and #25

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3553 on: September 06, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »
Dan gave a hint to the next lock boxes

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=378781

Dstahl: Only "time" will tell what the next Lock Box is.... :)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3554 on: September 07, 2012, 02:36:10 AM »
Great... So we'll have a bunch of overpowered (or underpowered, if it's suppose to be "balanced), time ships from the 29th Century flying around in the 25th Century. How is THAT suppose to help make the game feel "more Trek" ?

I love the look of the Wells Class, but it has NO PLACE in the time period, and certainly not as a playable ship.

EDIT: I see the current Tholian boxes are due to end Today. Guessing they'll wait about a week, before unveiling the "Temporal Lockboxes" ?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3555 on: September 07, 2012, 02:39:22 AM »
I hate these stupid lockboxes.  I have from the very start with the Dominion bugship in lockboxes.  I hate it even more now.  These are limited time things, and completely random.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I would pay for a Wells class or a Tholian ship or a Dominion bugship, but not for a chance to get one.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3556 on: September 07, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »
WAY TO BREAK THE TIMELINE CRYPTIC!  :argh:

they cant be serious with this, can they?  :facepalm:
this has taken the game from actually being good back in the beta and non F2P days, to this crapfest of failures they call success... somethings gotta be done to get cryptics attention and actually MAKE them listen......

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3557 on: September 07, 2012, 11:17:11 AM »
I hate these stupid lockboxes.  I have from the very start with the Dominion bugship in lockboxes.  I hate it even more now.  These are limited time things, and completely random.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I would pay for a Wells class or a Tholian ship or a Dominion bugship, but not for a chance to get one.

One of the original reasons, not sure if it is still the case, that they were in lock boxes is because CBS didn't want everyone to have access to them. This way not everyone can have them.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3558 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
So it's because of CBS that people can't cruise around in a Ferengi Marauder?  WTF.

And really guys.  Calling the game a failure because they want to add a Wells-class?  That's a bit much.  Star Trek's timeline has never been a straight line anyways, and considering that temporal disruptions are happening far more often, I don't think it's out of the question for the Wells class to be developed at...whatever point in time STO is in now.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #3559 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12:34 PM »
And really guys.  Calling the game a failure because they want to add a Wells-class?  That's a bit much.  Star Trek's timeline has never been a straight line anyways, and considering that temporal disruptions are happening far more often, I don't think it's out of the question for the Wells class to be developed at...whatever point in time STO is in now.

So the Wells class in Relativity is a four hundred year old ship class?  That's a bit of a stretch.  And by a bit, I mean huge.