Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 169185 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #3920 on: March 29, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your ban DT, also you should have known better then to use a second account.

Anyways, Klingons are getting new missions to fill in their levels

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8902011&postcount=266

But they won't be up for testing until May, so I'm guessing they're making them last.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3921 on: March 29, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
No, why should I have known better? Ever since the game went Free-to-play, they opened it up to themselves, allowing people to create a 2nd account (or more), and thus circumventing any bans or negative issues. As I said, my 2nd account was rarely used. I created it primarily to continue reading the forums while my main account was "temp banned" for again... Trolling/Flaming. Besides, there are plenty of reasons to have multiple accounts, besides being able to post on the forums. In most games, this is called "MultiBoxing".

I have submitted my ticket to the support system. I frankly couldn't give a damn if they unlock my main account ever again. I'll still play the game from time to time, but they won't be getting another dime from me. And i'll encourage all my friends to boycott them as well.

Posting my ticket below (regardless of language, it's the most honest feedback I can give them);

Well, congratulations to Mr Brandon Felzcer (aka BranFlakes). It started out with him banning my account (indefinitely) on the forums for what he considered to be "Flaming/Trolling", leading up to him banning a 2nd account of mine, for what he considered "Circumventing a ban". Thing is thou, my situation is hardly unique. Plenty of people have multiple accounts, for any number of reasons. This is usually referred to as MultiBoxing.

As I am no longer able to access the STO forums, I have no reason to provide any feedback whatsoever about the game (positive or otherwise). I spent hundreds of dollars on the game over the past 3 years, and I feel I deserve some respect. Banning me from the forums, and thereby limiting my access to participate in discussions regarding the game I play, is hardly respectful.

As a result, I will no longer provide funding to the capatalistic/communistic personnel who work at Perfect World. My money pays your salary, not vice versa. Why should I fund people who are so utterly disrespectful, and in all honesty, afraid of honest feedback? As long as people are willing to kiss your asses and say the game is all sunshine and roses, no problem. But as soon as someone becomes too negative about the game, you ban them. Might there be a reason for negative feedback? Maybe something wrong with the game? But noo, you guys figure "Silence the critics". I should expect censorship from a communistic country like China, but from a Western company like Cryptic? Thanks but no thanks.

No more funds from me, and i'll encourage all my friends to boycott your games with further funding. I may be blocked from providing any feedback on your forums, but I have other avenues to express my discontent with your game, and your staff.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3922 on: March 29, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »
That last paragraph is rather threatening...
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3923 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »
Well, THIS forum is one of those "other avenues to express my discontent" :P

Also, I regularly comment over at Massively on various STO articles. If they take my above report as a "threat", that's more on them than on me. If they choose to interpret it as such.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3924 on: March 29, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
I think you're right about them choosing not to heed feedback or criticism, but I think you might be taking it a bit hard.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3925 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
While that may be true, it's equally "hard" to enforce punishment upon someone for "Flaming/Trolling" when the comment in question was about the lack of recent "fixes" actually fixing anything. A temp-ban for trolling of any kind, -might- be justified. But perma-ban? That's rather harsh...
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3926 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:48 AM »
While that may be true, it's equally "hard" to enforce punishment upon someone for "Flaming/Trolling" when the comment in question was about the lack of recent "fixes" actually fixing anything. A temp-ban for trolling of any kind, -might- be justified. But perma-ban? That's rather harsh...

Depends on their definition of "trolling".  It also depends on how the tone they got from your posts.  
Just because you intended a tone doesn't mean that's the tone the reader will perceive.

EDIT

New patch.  Looks like they fixed the mvam problem.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3927 on: March 30, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
On tribble Cryptic has given the ability to remove USS from the NX Class and shuttles. Now I can do this

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3928 on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:42 AM »
People still fly NX's? :P

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3929 on: March 31, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »
People still fly NX's? :P

I was doing it to test the removal of the USS. But if I'm rolling a new Tac Toon I fly it until Lt. Commander.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3930 on: March 31, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
People also seem to forget you can adjust the size of the Diff UI elements under options xD
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3931 on: March 31, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
People also seem to forget you can adjust the size of the Diff UI elements under options xD

I was arguing about it over on the STO forums, I didn't feel like bringing it over here. So I edited out

One complaint I've seen is 'wasted space' so scaling wouldn't help that.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3932 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
Ugh, bought some Zen today to get some Master Keys to open up some Temporal Lockboxes, hoping to get a Wells-class...didn't get one at all. :(

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3933 on: March 31, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »
Ugh, bought some Zen today to get some Master Keys to open up some Temporal Lockboxes, hoping to get a Wells-class...didn't get one at all. :(

I didn't either. Just a temporal DOff mission, a polarized disruptor pistol, a polarized disruptor single-cannon, and a shitload of DOff packs.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3934 on: April 01, 2013, 07:29:31 AM »
I was arguing about it over on the STO forums, I didn't feel like bringing it over here. So I edited out

I pretty much gave up as well.  It's like hitting your head against a brick wall whilst playing whack a mole.  Prove one person wrong, 3 more pop up!

One complaint I've seen is 'wasted space' so scaling wouldn't help that.

Sadly. 
They could mollify all of the naysayers (me included) by simply giving us the option of staying with the current UI.  Shouldn't be all that hard seeing as it's just a different skin rather than a whole new UI setup. 

Ideally though they should go back to the drawing board and come up with a more efficient UI.  In the last few months something has happened to the UI that causes my frame rate to drop from the limit of 60fps down to 20 fps or so, whenever I open up the bank, the doff screen, my friends list or pretty much any other large UI element.  Each time, cpu usage goes through the roof. 
Some say that it's all down to bloom settings, but I've got that turned off. 

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3935 on: April 01, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »
I pretty much gave up as well.  It's like hitting your head against a brick wall whilst playing whack a mole.  Prove one person wrong, 3 more pop up!

I was one of the people you were arguing with BTW.

The UI feels a lot more responsive then before. Sometimes On live and Redshirt sometimes I have to hit the power 2-3 times before it will register that I clicked it, have yet to have that issue with the new UI

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3936 on: April 01, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »
My issue with the new UI is mostly due to the additional black spaces around everything. Just look at the Chat Box for example. And more clearly, the Bridge Officer tray.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3937 on: April 01, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
And more clearly, the Bridge Officer tray.

The black space on the left, right and top of the BOFF tray, is what? 5-6 pixels? Isn't a whole lot.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3938 on: April 01, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »
That's not the point. The point is, the extra black spacing is not necessary. And it's literally EVERYWHERE. Every single UI element has alot of black spacing around it. Look at the current UI on Holodeck. See any black spacing around the chat box borders? The map borders?

And don't get me started on the player frame / targeting frame. Those two need some serious work before launch...
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3939 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
I was one of the people you were arguing with BTW.
You argumentative git :D

The UI feels a lot more responsive then before. Sometimes On live and Redshirt sometimes I have to hit the power 2-3 times before it will register that I clicked it, have yet to have that issue with the new UI

Man, I hate that little problem. Still getting it on tribble sadly.  I also wish they'd deal with the spike in cpu usage and consequent fps drop when you open the friends list, foundry mission screen, doff screen etc.

This whole "new ui" business really wouldn't bother me one jot if we had the option of staying with the current (soon to be) old UI.  Assuming of course, that cryptic feels it absolutely "must" switch to the new one as it currently stands.
But as it stands, this new UI simply isn't up to scratch and don't give me the whole "but tribble is wip" spiel.  We've all seen how little gets changed between tribble 'testing' to holodeck.

Still, it could be worse I suppose.