Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167666 times)

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #4460 on: November 04, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
I wish after season 8 that Cryptic will spend two or three months just fixing stuff.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #4461 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »
There are many who wish that. Myself included. But will never happen, since Cryptic are busy pushing out lockbox after lockbox hoping to scam their players into buying bunch of keys in the hope of getting a new ship.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #4462 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »
There are many who wish that. Myself included. But will never happen, since Cryptic are busy pushing out lockbox after lockbox hoping to scam their players into buying bunch of keys in the hope of getting a new ship.

Which for Cryptic, basically comes down to "If it works, why change it?"
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #4463 on: November 05, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
So the next Lock Box ship is probably going to be the Voth Flight Deck Carrier, there are voth fighters on tribble that require that ship to use.

Also, the servers finally started working again yesterday morning and I was able to play SOI, I liked it a lot, found my Very Rare Swarmers. Though I have no real plan of flying the ship.

I named it the R.S.S. Feed.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #4464 on: November 05, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
I've thus far only run Sphere of Influence on my Klingon character. When I found out that the episode somehow bugs the Player Costumes if you are KDF, I found myself unwilling to risk potentially bugging my other characters as well.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #4465 on: November 05, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »
I've thus far only run Sphere of Influence on my Klingon character. When I found out that the episode somehow bugs the Player Costumes if you are KDF, I found myself unwilling to risk potentially bugging my other characters as well.

Costumes for KDF are screwed up anyway. It gives us six damn slots, we start using them, then suddenly bam, can't use them anymore, can't change them, can't do squat.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #4466 on: November 06, 2013, 12:42:08 AM »

How does it bug them?

Also, Dev Blog

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1024771

Damn that ship is HUGE.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #4467 on: November 06, 2013, 03:16:38 AM »
Damn that ship is HUGE.

...is anyone else reminded of the sperm whale falling through the atmosphere of Magrathea in that first pic...?

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #4468 on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
How does it bug them?

I'm actually rather amazed you haven't heard.  It basically renders your costume slots useless.  Whichever you switch to, it will show the outfit of the first slot regardless of what you do in the tailor.  Oh, and if you change what's in the first slot after the bug takes hold, the change does not apply to the bugged copies which are now filling your other costume slots despite what it shows in the tailor.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #4469 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
I'm actually rather amazed you haven't heard.  It basically renders your costume slots useless.  Whichever you switch to, it will show the outfit of the first slot regardless of what you do in the tailor.  Oh, and if you change what's in the first slot after the bug takes hold, the change does not apply to the bugged copies which are now filling your other costume slots despite what it shows in the tailor.

I've had that problem for months with my Romulan-KE engineer. I don't think it's specific to this...and it didn't do it (that I noticed) to my other KDFs, though I'll check to be sure...

The real trouble is that you can't delete outfits. That would make this problem a lot easier to deal with!

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #4470 on: November 06, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
I've had that problem for months with my Romulan-KE engineer. I don't think it's specific to this...and it didn't do it (that I noticed) to my other KDFs, though I'll check to be sure...

The real trouble is that you can't delete outfits. That would make this problem a lot easier to deal with!

Nah nah, I know the one you're talking about.  I've had that one since LOR launch on my kdf rom, but this is a different issue. 

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #4471 on: November 19, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »

Offline FarShot

« Reply #4472 on: November 19, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »
And one for the discerning goatee aficionado...

http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #4473 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
YAY! More free stuff I don't already own!
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #4474 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »
I hear ya. It's nice with giveaways and all, but both the TOS Mirror and the TMP uniforms i've owned for a VERY... LONG... time. Besides which, I generally run with my All Good Things or First Contact (with AGT combadge) uniforms on my FEDs.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #4475 on: November 19, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »
Sadly, those do nothing for me as like Darkie there, I also own the tos mirror and TMP uniforms already (and have done so for a long long time).  Even worse, I'm one of those poor souls affected by the S8 launcher crash which has left me unable to even start the game, much less play.  It's been this way since s8 went live, meaning I've also missed out on the majority of the free lobi thus far.  All thanks to an issue that was already reported to be on tribble several weeks before s8 went live!

Thanks craptic!

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #4476 on: November 21, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
Not sure if anyone else noticed today, but someone at Cryptic's dropped some serious acid, man. This was among the sights that greeted me logging into the game this afternoon:

Patch day. Wonderful experience, innit?

Offline FarShot

« Reply #4477 on: November 21, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »
No such insanity on mine.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #4478 on: November 21, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »
S8 has been one major blunder after another imho. Quests that are bugged, AI behavior bugged, (as noted above) graphics bugged. Some players can't even launch the game (such as captain_obvious). If it were up to me, i'd roll back the update to pre-season 8 and put season 8 through the drawing board process anew.

For almost 4 years now, Cryptic have been very good at creating NEW bugs with every major content update (Season/Expansion). On the other hand, they haven't been as good at FIXING those bugs in a timely fashion. There are bugs that have existed ingame pretty much since beta (4 years ago), that have yet to be fixed. Probably not even on Cryptic's radar. I only still stick around in STO (from time to time) as a time-expenditure game (a way to pass the time). Frankly, there are no other games at current that interest me, that gives me the feeling that i'd be "sucked in" to playing it for a longer duration. Had I not already invested so much time on STO these past 4 years, I would've quit long ago.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #4479 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
Another day, another tribble patch and...
still unable to even launch the game, let alone log in.  

I wonder what is going to happen regarding the lobi that we lockout lepers have missed.  I wouldn't be surprised if we were shit outta luck.
Also, the one day I did manage to log in I gave the breach a go.  Only to find that once inside the ship everything went black.  My hud, weapons fire (both friendly and enemy) and my own ship were the only things that displayed.  The environment simply did show up.  It was just black, rendering me unable to get anywhere.  Didn't happen any where else, and on moving back outside the ship everything went back to normal but as soon as I went back in *pop* it all went black.  Needless to say, I bailed on that one.  

EDIT

I also hear that they broke AOE attacks critting by somehow disabling the crit chance detection when those attacks were used by players.