Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167656 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #5120 on: August 03, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
Haha, nice.

More Images here, Pages 1 and 2, sadly no images of the Intrepid Interior

http://stonewallvanguard.com/forums/the-stonewall-lounge/73230-new-sto-expansion-delta-rising?limitstart=0

The new Intrepid model also appears to have an unique hull texture and unique Escape Pods/Windows

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #5121 on: August 03, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
What? They're finally getting around to making the canon ships, canon? Blasphemy!

That Intrepid better be allowed to be fully retrofitted from (current) Vice Admiral T5, to Fleet Admiral T6, and be equal to other T6 ships. Not competitive. EQUAL!
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5122 on: August 03, 2014, 12:40:54 PM »
I keep hearing conflicting reports that you can upgrade T5 ships to T6.

I think its you can upgrade their stats to T6, but you won't get the new features like the unique type of BOFF slot.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #5123 on: August 03, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
I keep hearing conflicting reports that you can upgrade T5 ships to T6.

I think its you can upgrade their stats to T6, but you won't get the new features like the unique type of BOFF slot.

Which by default, means it will suck. Unless they offer T6 "Retrofitted Retrofits" with all the bells and whistles that go along with a true T6 ship, there's gonna be a massive shitstorm, with raised pitchforks and burning cauldrons. And if the Retrofitted Retrofits aren't incredibly cheap, for those who previously owned the T5 Retrofits, yet another massive outrage from the gamers.

While new ships is definitely nice, there are some of us who prefer a certain look, and some (like me) who prefer to fly the canon ships whenever possible. From a lore standpoint, it doesn't make sense why all our T5 ships (which existed in 2409), suddenly became obsolete by 2410.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5124 on: August 03, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
The devs are saying they're not obsolete though, you can still use them fine with the new content.

Offline 3 of 12

• Cookies: 15
« Reply #5125 on: August 03, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »
The tier 6 fed ship design looks terrible imo. The Klingon one is ok but the Romulan ship... I must have it.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #5126 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:45 PM »
That intrepid looks nice, but something about the windows and the pods looks off especially as you get around from the side to the bow.  They just seem oddly skewed.  Not a new issue though.  

EDIT

Looked at those new t6 boats. I love the rom boat and kind of like the kdf boat, but that fed boat is.... god that thing is ugly...  It's exactly the same pattern as the dyson boats iirc.

Is it just me though, or does that fed boat resemble the old "Concorde" class ship that was made as a mod for BC...oh, 9 or 10 years back?

EDIT2

That Hazari boat looks awesome, and HIERARCHY!!!! :D :D :D :D
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #5127 on: August 03, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »
While new ships is definitely nice, there are some of us who prefer a certain look, and some (like me) who prefer to fly the canon ships whenever possible. From a lore standpoint, it doesn't make sense why all our T5 ships (which existed in 2409), suddenly became obsolete by 2410.

I was thinking the same thing, when people on the forums - before I got sick of reading typical MMO forum bullshit - were talking about "retro-retrofits", and I'm sitting here like "Uhhh, what?" Because that means like you said, the "modernization program" after the Odyssey, plus the Bortasqu', the Mogh, and so on for the Klingons, is obsolete (we already knew most of the Romulan fleet is at least 30+ years out of date; hell, their flagship's not exactly "young" either, I think the only "modern" designs were stuff like the Dhelan and Ha'apax). Technology advances fast in this era, but really...
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #5128 on: August 03, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »
In the very least, an "upgrade program" to make existing T5 ships, fully T6 enabled (complete with whatever extra bells and whistles the "regular" T6 ships will have), needs to include the following ships:

- All Fleet ships
- All Lockbox ships
- Iconic canon ships (Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, Sovereign, D'deridex, Vor'cha)

Other potential (hopeful) ships to be included for T6 would be the Excelsior, Bird of Prey and Mog'ai.

Additionally, the upgrade from T5 to T6 needs to be extremely low, to the point of non-existent. Haven't we already invested enough money, and time in obtaining the ships in the first place?
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #5129 on: August 03, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
That Romulan ship looks great. Why can't these guys design Fed ships? That thing looks appalling.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5130 on: August 03, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, when people on the forums - before I got sick of reading typical MMO forum bullshit - were talking about "retro-retrofits", and I'm sitting here like "Uhhh, what?" Because that means like you said, the "modernization program" after the Odyssey, plus the Bortasqu', the Mogh, and so on for the Klingons, is obsolete (we already knew most of the Romulan fleet is at least 30+ years out of date; hell, their flagship's not exactly "young" either, I think the only "modern" designs were stuff like the Dhelan and Ha'apax). Technology advances fast in this era, but really...

A little nit pick, but I recall reading somewhere that the Dhelan was an old design that dated back to early lost era. 

In the very least, an "upgrade program" to make existing T5 ships, fully T6 enabled (complete with whatever extra bells and whistles the "regular" T6 ships will have), needs to include the following ships:

- All Fleet ships
- All Lockbox ships
- Iconic canon ships (Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, Sovereign, D'deridex, Vor'cha)

Other potential (hopeful) ships to be included for T6 would be the Excelsior, Bird of Prey and Mog'ai.

Additionally, the upgrade from T5 to T6 needs to be extremely low, to the point of non-existent. Haven't we already invested enough money, and time in obtaining the ships in the first place?

Iconic canon boats? K'tinga? Neghvar? Ambassador? Connie? :P
I don't see how they're not going to make the previous t5 and t5.5 boats obsolete with their new t6 boats.  "Competitive" doesn't mean "On the same level". 
I think there will be a realignment of the old tier system.  What was t5 (the 9 console and lvl 45 boats) will become known as t4.5, the current 10 console and fleet level boats will be t5, the upgrades from fleet level etc will be known as t5.5 and then we'll have these new boats at t6.

T6 connie refit plz

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5131 on: August 03, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »
Oh wonderful.  Some dev has been pictured with a "starfleet dental" hat. 

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5132 on: August 03, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
Well he covered his face, though I think I know who it was.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5133 on: August 03, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »
Well he covered his face, though I think I know who it was.

Yeah.  Who do you think it was btw?  I'm not familiar with the devs faces.  
If it really is a dev or a cryptic staffer, then it's really poor form imo.  Endorsing a troll fleet, what next? Either that or it just shows how out of touch some of the devs are with the community.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5134 on: August 03, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »
I don't know if I want to name shame

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5135 on: August 03, 2014, 05:12:52 PM »
I don't know if I want to name shame

This isn't their forum, so what could they do?  Hell, PM it if you want.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5136 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:09 PM »
True, and I'm not using my STO name on here...

Judging by the hair I think it was Taco, plus seems like the only dev who would actually do it.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5137 on: August 03, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
True, and I'm not using my STO name on here...

Heh, a wise move.  I'm in a similar boat, though that was down to my name being taken on the sto server already!.

Judging by the hair I think it was Taco, plus seems like the only dev who would actually do it.

What do you mean "the only dev who would actually do it"?

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #5138 on: August 03, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
Haven't we already invested enough money, and time in obtaining the ships in the first place?

Short answer? No.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #5139 on: August 03, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
Short answer? No.

Tell that to my bank manager! :D

EDIT
Stupid broken smileys.