Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167665 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #5500 on: March 22, 2018, 06:38:31 AM »
Well they could pull the Star Trek trope of the ancestor/descendants looking like each other.

Or maybe it’s Gul Macet. Not technically a DS9 character but he was played by Marc Alaimo

The blog does say actors not characters.

Offline 3 of 12

• Cookies: 15

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5502 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:42 PM »
I don't like him in a military uniform.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #5503 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »
Why would Garak be wearing a military uniform?

Either way the rest of the characters are wearing their outfits from the series. So if Garak was there he'd be wearing one of his fancy shirts.

Better question: Why would Kira and Quark look virtually unchanged since last we saw them some 35 years ago? (ingame timeline). With Bashir, they at least made the effort to make him look older, Garak looks largely the same too but in a military-style uniform (maybe he's undercover, posing as a military officer? or maybe he just re-formed the military after the fall of the civilian government and the end of the Dominion War).

Only one that should look large the same, is Odo since he's a shapeshifter. But why would he back at his old job as Chief of Security? (in his Constable/Security Officer uniform). And if Quark's back, did he buy back his bar from the current owner whose name I couldn't care less to remember?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #5504 on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
Better question: Why would Kira and Quark look virtually unchanged since last we saw them some 35 years ago? (ingame timeline). With Bashir, they at least made the effort to make him look older, Garak looks largely the same too but in a military-style uniform (maybe he's undercover, posing as a military officer? or maybe he just re-formed the military after the fall of the civilian government and the end of the Dominion War).

Only one that should look large the same, is Odo since he's a shapeshifter. But why would he back at his old job as Chief of Security? (in his Constable/Security Officer uniform). And if Quark's back, did he buy back his bar from the current owner whose name I couldn't care less to remember?
This question was addressed in the live stream.  It's promotional art.  The artists thought that when it came to promotional stuff, it's better to advertise the characters in there most recognizable form (which is from the show) and not aged 30 years.  The devs confirmed that ingame they will look 30 years older.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #5505 on: March 23, 2018, 03:24:00 AM »
This question was addressed in the live stream.  It's promotional art.  The artists thought that when it came to promotional stuff, it's better to advertise the characters in there most recognizable form (which is from the show) and not aged 30 years.  The devs confirmed that ingame they will look 30 years older.

Laughable excuse of a defense, Morgan.

So why does Bashir look noticeably older... in promotional art? Should he not also be seen in his "most recognizable form" ? :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5506 on: March 23, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
The artists did make a mistake with Bashir in this art according to Thomas, in the actual game he'll be wearing the Odyssey Medical variant and have the rank of Commander, not captain.

Indeed, they did the same thing with Delta Rising, had art of both young and old versions of the Voyager cast.

Offline 3 of 12

« Reply #5507 on: March 29, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
Got an email from STO and this was probably a given but the next lockbox is DS9 based.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5508 on: March 30, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
Got an email from STO and this was probably a given but the next lockbox is DS9 based.

There is also a picture of Kira in her Kai outfit, which is based on Kai Opaka's outfit not Kai Winn's

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5509 on: April 06, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »

Offline Tuskin38

Offline Morgan

« Reply #5511 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
I am so excited for this expansion  :D :yay: :D :yay:

Offline 3 of 12

« Reply #5512 on: April 11, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »
Chase Masterson is returning for ViL so that leaves one more person. Max Grodenchik perhaps?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #5513 on: April 11, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Chase Masterson is returning for ViL so that leaves one more person. Max Grodenchik perhaps?
I'm holding out hope that we'll see Ezri Dax.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5514 on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:43 PM »
They have Nog and Leeta, I can't see them not having Rom.

Here's a screenshot of Bashir.

Based on the shape of the screens and lights on the wall, I think he's at his desk in the Infirmary.

According to an interview he did with Mein-mmo.de, Siddig does play some Online Games, and names his characters after Bashir, but with the letters rearranged into an anagram.

He's never played STO though, stating that he's already a character in the Star Trek universe as a reason.

https://mein-mmo.de/star-trek-star-nie-star-trek-online/

He hasn't been in yet to do his STO work so he has nothing to say about that.

Offline 3 of 12

« Reply #5515 on: April 12, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »
Seems all the characters have been revealed now.

EDIT: Seems they snuck in Salome Jens as the female founder behind Weyoun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/984461142293528577

EDIT 2: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10875854

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5516 on: April 12, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
hmm...looks like we have a new trope, courtesy of Star Wars, the "beard of wisdom"...either that or Riker permanently started a trend :P  wonder if this is gonna be the new differentiator for terran human, now?  after all, the only other beardy species is Klingons.  hell, i even threw it on my story character.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5517 on: April 12, 2018, 02:02:52 PM »
Bashir has a beard in the novels as well, but I think he grew that after he "retired".

One actor not shown in the image is Bumper Robinson, who's reprising his role as that child Jem'hadar from the episode 'The Abandoned'

I'm surprised they got Salome Jens. But I looked her up, and she is still acting.

some more and bigger screenshots here https://trekmovie.com/2018/04/12/12-deep-space-nine-actors-joining-star-trek-online-victory-is-life-revealed/

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #5518 on: April 16, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #5519 on: April 16, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
No mention of Ops in the blog. Hopefully that gets updated as well, and that the updated maps get carried over into missions involving DS9 (the Cardassian Feature Episode arc for example)
Ad Astra Per Aspera