Author Topic: Stargate uniform mod  (Read 4532 times)

JohnSheppard5890

Stargate uniform mod
« on: March 02, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »
i am currently in the process of creating three stargate based uniform mods
the firts will be a stargate Atlantis Uniforms
the second will be a stargate Sg-1 uniforms
and the third will be stargate horizon Vorian uniforms (which are similar to Atlantis seing how its a cross between sg-1 and atlantis, and is currently preparing for its fourth season with retuning actors from sg-1) but thats not really spoiling anything, so unless elmster wants spoiler tabs here i wont put them in (also i dont know how, lol).

but these uniform mods will be released both seperately for beta testing and they will also be included in the SGA Alliances Mod with a bunch of Horizon, 4 Great Races, Atlantean, and Asgard ships.

the beta for the uniforms should be done by th end of the month, if anyone would like to assist in this mod please pm me your contact info here

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: Stargate uniform mod
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
Jb has already done all the SG-1 uniforms.
MUSE!!!

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
including horizon?

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
maybe i should ask this what are you guys having trouble with or arent doing?

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
We arent doing the horizon uniforms, but hey go ahead and do them all, see what the outcome is.

~Jb06

JLS

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:39:31 PM »
dont double-post like that anymore!  this is the second time i have asked this...
see the "MODIFY" button?  use it!

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
What are these "Horizon" Uniforms?   :?

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
actually i didnt see that modify button, but thank you for pointing it out to me. (im still kinda getting used to the layout here, filefront and bcs were layed out a lot different, lol). well jb06 i'll go ahead and list the different uniforms and you tell me which you have already finished or are currently working on. also is there a program other than milkshape that i can use to view the textured bodies/edit where the texture is overlayerd, without having to load the game every time?

anyways heres the list:
Atlantis (Ancients)
Ta'uri (SG-1)
Atlantis (Ta'uri)
Tokra
Go'uld (w/system lord on bridge, including anubis with his hood up)
Vorian (Horizon)
Ta'uri (Horizon)

possible bridge crews
Asgard (Thor, Loki, etc...)
SG-1 (Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Tealk, Danial Jackson, Vaala, and Cameron Mitchel) however since JLS has already done the SG-1 uniforms themsleves I could create the Heads for O'Neill, carter, tealk, and Jackson

Sheppard's team from Atlantis (John Sheppard, Teyla, Ronen Dex, Rodney McKay)

if you have any other ideas or would like some help, let me know. I'm really good with photoshop cs2

to answer your question that picture i posted is the Horizon uniform, they're similar to the ones on Atlantis, only slightly different.

i'll post a link to the Horizon stuff i hope will be done in time for the SGA Alliances Mod beta release. its all based on the horizon site. And it Includes a new Stargate, its basically the SG-1 gate only a lot older with green chevron lights rather than orange.

but heres the link
http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/gallery.htm

however since JLS has already done the SG-1 uniforms themsleves I could create the Heads for O'Neill, carter, tealk, and Jackson

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »

A written-based virtual "spinoff" of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »

A written-based virtual "spinoff" of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis.

Ah, thank you.  :D

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »
well as to it being a spin off id have to disagree. its basically SG-1's characters, with atlantis' technology and a new galaxy (not the milky way or the pegasis galaxies)

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
actually i didnt see that modify button, but thank you for pointing it out to me. (im still kinda getting used to the layout here, filefront and bcs were layed out a lot different, lol).

The buttons are in excatly the same place as BCS, so take the time the time to look instead of giving smart answers to site moderators. I won't warn you about this again.

And stay on topic please.

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »
ok will do, sorry for the semi off topic post

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 05:42:28 AM »
so these uniforms you are planning, will you be making new models or just retexturing?

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 06:17:36 PM »
well, Im not really shure how to answer this question, other than the heads has anyone actually made different bodies? I think about 99.9% of the uniform mods are retextures, but then again i could be mistaken, but luckily i have a few good friends who are taking 3d art in college and are really big stargate fans so the models for things like the asgard, and the wraith heads, should be easy to get.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
well, Im not really shure how to answer this question, other than the heads has anyone actually made different bodies? I think about 99.9% of the uniform mods are retextures, but then again i could be mistaken, but luckily i have a few good friends who are taking 3d art in college and are really big stargate fans so the models for things like the asgard, and the wraith heads, should be easy to get.

I take it you haven't seen the "Elite Force" uniform pack that was released by 3rd Era at christmas.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
no i hadnt, but i did hear about it. but didnt they just use the models FROM elite force?

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
if you read in the readme, you are not allowed to do retextures of them anyways. As for "has anyone made bodies", i can say we have for the Hatak bridge, we're just making some tweaks to them.

~Jb06

JLS

JohnSheppard5890

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
ok just to set the record straight i am making retextures of the original stock uniforms, since its easier to do that rather than download some random uniform and "tweak it" also i was going to modify the klingon bodies for the jafa and go'uld

Offline Johnnymuffintop

• Concept Artist
  • Cookies: 7
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »
Got jury duty in a couple days, so I can't do much, but I can help a little.
If someone posts image files on the uniform textures, I can see about reskinning them.