Author Topic: Problem activating Cheats!  (Read 1046 times)

titto

Problem activating Cheats!
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »
Hi! my BC is working perfectly in Vista, however i'm stuck on the last mission (fighting against the 4 hybrids) and just can't seem to win them. I have tried all strategies but failed...At this point i wanted to just get over with it and use the cheat codes. I have done all as instructed (-TestMode) however they don't work. Actually, only one works, ctrl+q. SO i can restock torpedoes but all the other cheats don't. I'm going crazy, tried both ctrl, shift, ctrl+shift but nothing!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I only patched the game to ver 1.1, no mods!
Please if anyone knows how to activate the cheats, or better how to beat more easily the 4 hybrids...
Thanks! :( :( :( :(

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Problem activating Cheats!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »
Well, they are already active.

The functions are Shift+g for GodMode, Shift-K for 25% (from max) damage to the targetted subsystem (or the entire ship if you only have that selected), Shift-R for repairing targetted ship (or if you don't have a ship targetted, yourself).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

titto

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »
Thanks for trying to answer...maybe i didn't explain it well before...:( however my problem is that when i load my saved game and try to use the cheats the only cheat that works is the torpedo one. the others just don't work when i press the commands. any thoughts?

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »
I don't have vista, but have you tried to play bc as administrator and with the compartibility mode?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »
It's a new one to me. The thing is, cheats are just functions and event bindings (actually, they are keyboard bindings, so you could even rebind them if they would show in the Keyboard config section). There isn't really a reason why they could stop working.

If you stop SP after you loaded a save game and start a QB game, do the cheats continue working?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

titto

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »
I know it sounds insane, why would one cheat work and the others not? I tried in QB mode, tried starting a new game in SP, tried everything but only one working is ctrl-q (10 torpedoes). I wanted to use god mode or repair or damage...Sounds really dodgy i know...Where is it i can configure the keyboard commands??

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 07:32:10 AM »
In the options menu, but as far I'm aware of, you can't change the cheat keyboard bindings. :(
TaH pagh, Tah be.

titto

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
Ok, thanks i tried but no...can't configure cheat commands...How strange that no one else has had this problem...Maybe they took out all the cheat codes but one in the latest versions of the game...REally perplexed... :arms:

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »
They did not remove anything, it's just code.

And I said that it would be possible to do change the keybindings for it, not that you can, but it's possible to change it so that it can (it's an addition).

What I would consider a possibility, is that the "state" somehow didn't include some of the keybindings.

But, considering you couldn't do any of them regardless, try deleting KeyboardBinding.py and KeyboardBinding.pyc from scripts/

You have just resetted your keyboard bindings that way.

titto

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 08:23:54 AM »
Thanks i hadn't really understood that! I tried eliminating those two files...unfortunately that didn't help either...Thank-you very much for trying to sort me out...I think i'll give it up now...Thanks a lot!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Right, eliminate them again, and go after you start BC directly to QB and try them there.