Author Topic: savegames  (Read 934 times)

BigKahuna

savegames
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
hi,

after several years i watched the old ST movies again... an guess what it got me again :)

so i tried out most of the ST games avaibale, even the snes ones^^

but one game got me real bad, ...BC

so i played the SP a bit and then realized, that there is a huge fan an modding scene around this game 
so i installed some mods and stuff and i must say: thank u guys whoever made this stuff!

buuut.... still problems here :)

as i played SP in the first place, i have been now confronted with my old savegames(from the SP part) and they dont seem to work

i reinstalled the game and downloaded the kobaiyshi maru pack 1.0 (KM 1.0) and isntalled it

but still no working savegames...

so must i start from the begin?
or is there a possibility to play the SP at all? (with mods activated)

or is somewhere in the WWW a omnipotent exe file that will solve my problem? :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: savegames
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
First off, welcome.

BC with KM 1.0 is wonderful, however it leads to some problems with single player.
First, many mods do not play well with single player. (See my current SP thread, http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=3041.0)
Second, after you install some mods, your old SP save games will no longer work.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »
Savegames in BC are basicly a copy of the game "state" at that moment, so if something else changes, then it can't restore that "state".

Models and textures are more or less fine.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

BigKahuna

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
well actually now i installed the game two times :)

a clean install and one modded

wich files do i must copy for having better textures/models?

and is it possible to have the weapons damage modded in SP?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
You can still use savegames (to an extend), but not after you installed a mod, then you will have to restart your game and make new savegames, which will work untill you install some more mods.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

BigKahuna

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »
ok but as long it is impossible to skip the cut scenes that option isnt negotiable ;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
Find your way to Custom Missions and start your last finnished mission there, and continue from there on.