Author Topic: BSOD on fresh install! (screenshot attached)  (Read 805 times)

Bear

BSOD on fresh install! (screenshot attached)
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:06:49 AM »
I'm sorry if this has already been resolved, but I'm a complete novice and I could use some help. 

I'm trying to run BC on a fresh install and I'm getting the Black Screen of Death with cursor immediately upon launching the game.  This happens with or without the 1.1 patch.  I've launched the game in TestMode, and in case the screen shot doesn't work, I think the most relevent part of the console readout is something to the effect of OS Error: (3, 'no such process').

I'd be very grateful for any help that can get me up and running!

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: BSOD on fresh install! (screenshot attached)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:09:41 AM »
Are you sure this is a clean install? I clearly see Foundation there.

Bear

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »
I just installed it straight from the CD.  I had installed it with patch 1.1 and another time with KM 1.0, but I got the same result in every case (I'm trying to run the game on my new pc.)  This screen shot is from a fresh install after uninstalling the game with the patch, which was after uninstalling the patch 1.1 + KM 1.0 version.

Does this help? (I'm not really sure what you mean by "Foundation."  Sorry, as I said, I'm a complete novice).

intrepid90

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:17:12 AM »
foundation is the thing that allows you to add ships etc to the game.
it is delivered with BCSMC and BCMI (BCMP as well, but  its outdated)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:59 AM »
Uninstall the game, delete the directory afterwards, since the uninstaller can't remove the mods. Which is why you are getting this.

It's very tricky to fix this, mostlikely more tricky that it's worth.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.