Author Topic: Best Trek Game  (Read 5116 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Best Trek Game
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »
read this and couldn't resist answering.  

they don't make those kind of games anymore because it's actually the adults that play them more than the kids.  todays pre-teen players could whip through Nintendo Hard games like they were doing a speed run, yawn, and thow them over their shoulder, going "got anything harder?"
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »
they don't make those kind of games anymore because it's actually the adults that play them more than the kids.  todays pre-teen players could whip through Nintendo Hard games like they were doing a speed run, yawn, and thow them over their shoulder, going "got anything harder?"

Probably true. Thats if they're even interested. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »
my favorite game right behind BC of course would be the SFC series the very first trek game i owned was the orignal SFC. The series was cool for its time and was extended by the addition of online campaign maps and the ability to build and port your ship into the game or from other games such as BC.
And that concludes my 2 cents

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 01:11:08 PM »
Besides BC, I have a soft spot for the SFC series as I used to mod the crap out of mine to get all kinds of crazy stuff to happen in-game....
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »
Elite Force & EF2 were a blast.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 260
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 10:27:38 AM »
I'd say SFC series, coz I had them before BC and still have 1 and 3  :D

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 10:40:26 AM »
Hard mode Nintendo games? No substance, no difficulty. Nintendo have always made casual games. I think you're talking about Bethesda or pre-Dragon Age Bioware.  :D

It's gotta be BC, though I did get a blast out of (I believe it was) Armada. There was this junkyard map where you could pluck some ships to add to your cause, including a borg cube (Though I may have cheated that one in, can't remember after all these years). There was another back in the days of the PowerPC with a top-down perspective, not official of course, but trying to answer Q without annoying him was a good challenge. There hasn't really been that many that stand out, come to think of it.

If/when the oh-so-fittingly named E comes out, I guess my mind'll change, but until then, BC keeps my vote.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
My favourite trek game before bc has to be SFC3 with the generations at war mod and then SFC1 cause it had more stuff to do. Then again when i was bored ST conquest was a cheap blast and i would ponder my next move for ages.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
BC, armada, KA and SFA. 
what? :P
I miss :bigdance:

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Star Trek Armada I and II (superb music and lovely action) and of course bridge commander.

I played the fallen as wel, not bad!!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
I really enjoyed the Fallen, awesome action, awesome levels design and it even forced me to stop and think for a while on how to get through another level, really cool game.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
i just played EF1 a few weeks ago, and i hadnt played it in many years...  
i had forgotten how horrible the characters are gfx-wise lol

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
but you got to agree, some of the EF2 scripts were much weaker than Q3 powered EF ;) also I liked EF I story much more  than EF2.... then again if you ask me about MP, I say EF2 has better MP :P

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
I would personally love to see EF1 somehow ported to EF2.  EF1 is fun to play but the graphics are so dated...

EF2 is fun too but it doesn't have the same kind of replay value EF1 has...

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »
I would personally love to see EF1 somehow ported to EF2.  EF1 is fun to play but the graphics are so dated...

EF2 is fun too but it doesn't have the same kind of replay value EF1 has...

I'd love to see the models ported from EF2 into EF1...though how would they get the rest of the Voyager crew??
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:24 AM »
I'd love to see an EF3. :P

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
I'd love to see an EF3. :P

Or a remake of EF1 :D However I'd never be able to play it LOL (most likely they'd require a dual core)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 07:21:30 AM »
Remake is the wrong word, you mean remaster :)

Offline Morgan

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 12:26:55 PM »
Of course the only way any of that would happen would be if Activision got the Star Trek gaming rights back...considering how pissed they were at Paramount at the time I don't think that'll happen anytime soon...  :(