Author Topic: YOH Bridge Pack & VOY Interior. (ChronowerX_GT & baz1701)  (Read 14838 times)

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
Very good work there.
 8)

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
Thanks, I was wondering if there was any way to just add the debris and damaged consoles on top of the normal bridge using bp core? I know it can swap textures but can it add extra parts to the model?

Btw, those consoles JB look really good.

yeah BP Core can do that its how third era improved the models on the Sovereign and Galaxy Bridges

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
I want to texture one of the pillars near the tactical station. But this part is actually a huge piece that go's round the whole bridge. Is there any way to select the parts I want and tell max to make it into a seperate object. The screenshot should help. The highlighted parts are the ones I want to have serperate. I'm still a noob with max.

Thanks, I was wondering if there was any way to just add the debris and damaged consoles on top of the normal bridge using bp core? I know it can swap textures but can it add extra parts to the model?

yeah BP Core can do that its how third era improved the models on the Sovereign and Galaxy Bridges

Right, that's good. Who can help me do that?  :D I've no idea where to start.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Luke i need to talk to you on msn about the model itself aswell ;)

~Jb06

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
I started doing some more work on it. It may need a full retexture since some texture's arn't showing correctly in max. Anyway I was doing the front of Harry's console for day 4 but i've changed the colour from what 3rd Era did. Does this look more canon? 3rd era's is the lighter texture on the ends. Also there's a screencap fron voy of the console.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Yours look more canon luke, great work so far.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Luke, go all out. Do it all. Re-texture the whole thing, and make it the best bridge you can possibly make. This is amazing so far. Keep it up, buddy!

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Thanks, both of ya. I think i'll do what Aeries says. I'll retexture the whole bridge but not damaged (i'll just work on the Day 4 since it wasn't really damaged.) and also include that in the pack. Other people have said that the textures arn't canon so it make sense to do it again. Then once all the UVW mapping is done from the normal bridge, i'll then import the damaged parts from the other bridges so they'll be the YOH varients and also the normal. Perhaps if I feel like it I could include the damaged bridge from Equinox.

Offline Aeries

Perhaps if I feel like it I could include the damaged bridge from Equinox.

That would include making an entirely new bridge. Despite the similarities, they were totally different, from what I saw... Anyways, since you're doing a heck of a lot already, let's leave that idea as, simply, an idea, and focus on the task at hand. I think you're on the right track with importing the damage into THIS bridge. Don't forget to alter the lighting and such for the damaged variants, as it was next to none.

This is epic. I've been waiting for a truly damaged intrepid bridge for a LONG time. The retextured versions I've seen so far are nothing in comparison to what you seem to have planned here. You will succeed. Now, have some coffee, get workin' on this, and efficiently assimilate the day.  8) Resistance to keeping my eye on this project is futile.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
the nova bridge was based on the prometheus, not the intrepid

(btw luke, go easy on your judgements of the Intrepid bridge; it may not be 100% canon in your eyes but it was still a big improvement and a good amount of work by many people.)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Sorry Mark, I was looking at some screenshots of the bridge and I realised I was looking at an earlier version of the Bridge. I found the right version and it was pretty much 100% canon. Btw, when I said the Equinox, I meant the damaged Voyager bridge from that ep  :wink:

Anyway, I managed to get rid of the UVW lines from render so here it is.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
I found the right version and it was pretty much 100% canon.

no you were right, those consoles should be brown and theyre not; but to say that all the textures are uncanon is unfair.

Btw, when I said the Equinox, I meant the damaged Voyager bridge from that ep  :wink:

Gdgd, I hate it when people think the nova bridge is built on the intrepid set :P

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
I found the right version and it was pretty much 100% canon.

no you were right, those consoles should be brown and theyre not; but to say that all the textures are uncanon is unfair.

Btw, when I said the Equinox, I meant the damaged Voyager bridge from that ep? :wink:

Gdgd, I hate it when people think the nova bridge is built on the intrepid set :P

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that all the textures are wrong. It was because I was looking at a different bridge. Actually to save retexturing it all, do you have the original UVW maps? That way I can keep the old textures or just slightly edit them.

EDIT: I did find one huge problem with the bridge. (No offence? :() The viewscreen is way too low down so that meant that the top comes down too low and spoils the lines of the bridge. I'll get a screencap to show you the differences.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Here it is, excuse my texturing i'm in the middle of doing them. From almost the exact same position.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
yes, we didnt actually move the viewscreen from v1 to v3 because its cut into the wall, and I didnt want to mess up the mapping... looking at it now I could fix it in 2 mins but back then was a different story.

I didnt store the unwraps since i just render them as i need them... if you let me know which objects you could use them for i might have time to oblige.

BTW, i already did a mauve version of that front wall, canon to s1 - s3.. you can have it if you want.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
yes, we didnt actually move the viewscreen from v1 to v3 because its cut into the wall, and I didnt want to mess up the mapping... looking at it now I could fix it in 2 mins but back then was a different story.

I didnt store the unwraps since i just render them as i need them... if you let me know which objects you could use them for i might have time to oblige.

BTW, i already did a mauve version of that front wall, canon to s1 - s3.. you can have it if you want.

Thanks, it should could come in handy. I'm in the middle of altering the wall and the viewscreen to S4 so if that doesn't work out i'll pm ya.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Fixed the front. But it doesn't look right. I think the whole bridge may be slightly too narrow or it could be too high.

EDIT: I could be that the red alert lights are too close to the viewscreen.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Done some alterations, though still not canon it's still closer to the show. I've made the screen smaller and not as tall. This means there's a gap at the top but it shouldn't look out of place. The black is where I need to fill in the wall.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games

from what I understand, yes that was actually the original purpose of the Core, although I have no idea how, that is something to ask someone in 3E

Offline Aeries

the nova bridge was based on the prometheus, not the intrepid

Oh, interesting. I wasn't aware of that. :]

The new viewscreen looks good so far Luke. Not so sure about that gap, though... Bleh. It looks totally cool regardless. :D