Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1139 times)

Player_0

Help please
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »
I don't understand how to get the spaceship bridges made by 3rd Era Bridge Productions or Frontier Productions to work. I ran the installation and it finishes but nothing happens, I can't select these bridges on instant action or anything. I'm really confused lol :? i spent ages trying to make these things work, and they looked really good.

files I downloaded:
excalibur_31
nebula_3_high
bridge plugin core

help would be appreciated

edit ~

Ok i needed that BCMI thingy, I can select the bridges now... very silly of me to miss this, sorry :x but sometimes the screen flickers now, could someone help with this? :P

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »
I take it you forgot to install the Foundation?

As for the screen flickering, several thread are about this.
For example, this thread points to several ones:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3458.0.html
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Player_0

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
Yep, I forgot to instal the foundation. I've managed to get rid of that screen flickering!! :)

Cheers for the link, I appreciate it.

Now I just installed a new spaceship called DJ Galaxy, and when I try to run the game with it installed I get a big black screen and all I can see is the mouse pointer... I take it this is THE BIG BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH!!!11one? :0 I shall read the thread on it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »
If you read the part of the console report, that's what you need to do.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Player_0

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
Ok MLeo I have done that, I think I've done it right. Here is my picture:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5233/jpgkm6.jpg

Any idea what it means? ;p

edit - i changed the pic to a clickable URL because the size might mess up the forum or something.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 05:12:45 PM »
It's a common problem, a simple search for bcdebug would have yielded, for instance, this post:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,2214.msg39124.html#msg39124

Player_0

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »
Ok, good - the game loads up now so I can play it. Cheers! :P

But I can't find the DJ Galaxy class ship anywhere (not on multiplayer or quick battle)... do I need to download MVAM Infinite before it'll show up? :S

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »
MVAM is an optional mod.

Make sure you have the first 3 mutators activated.

Player_0

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
Aha! Ok, I can select and play as the DJ Galaxy ships!! Success!! However:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4535/wtfdd6.jpg

I get this random flashing white square above the ship, just tried searching to see if anyone else has this problem - can't find anything.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »

Player_0

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »
How'd I miss that! Damnit, I was searching for 'White Blocks' :P.

Downloading NanoFX2.0[BETA] now. Looks pretty neat, though it could take a while on 56k. :lol:

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 07:29:50 AM »
Hmm, yeah, that might take a while (sorry about that).

I may need to hack something together one of these days. :S
But I don't think that will be done before you have NanoFX downloaded.