Author Topic: Multiple BSOD issues.  (Read 894 times)

WarrENDeatH

Multiple BSOD issues.
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »
Alright before I start off, I've read the BSOD topic numerous amount of times and have even printed it. The bad thing is, I'm fresh off the table brand new at modding games. So start of saying I can't do the first two options in Test Mode and revert to the last one which is modifying the py files. The bad thing is I don't know how to create a py file and make it work so I can get in test mode. I'll go to test mode and do the command and it won't work. I know this is some probably stupid error that would take two seconds but it is driving me nuts. Anybody who can help me, I greatly appreciate it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Multiple BSOD issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
Can you copy and paste the shortcut target that you are trying to edit (put it in code tags).

On some computers, the key to press could be *
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

WarrENDeatH

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
I'm not sure, all I know is I have torched my computer files. All my Bridge Commander files that run off PYC are now running on Word Pad(Since I was trying to get it into test mode), so now it doesn't work and I don't know how to fix it. I win one battle and lose 10, this is beyond annoying.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
You editted pyc files?

Did you install any mods?
If not, get the SDK, remove your current scripts directory (delete), then copy the entire scripts directory from the SDK (from the build directory in the SDK) into your BC directory. That will fix that problem.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

WarrENDeatH

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
NO mods have been installed on this. I've attempted to get the KM mod working on BC for over 3 months. Every attempt runs into another problem that I have to run up. Its beyond annoying but back on problem, I've never heard of the SDK so where do I find this?

Yes I tried to edit the PYC file because I don't know how to edit PY files and I thought that was the only way, I'm a newbie(obviously) at this and don't have any patience for this stuff. I'm surprised my computer has lifted up the finger to me yet. :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »
Or you do the following:

Uninstall BC, delete the remaining directory.

Install BC (to say, C:\Games\Bridge Commander KM), install the v1.1 patch, copy the contents of the KM1.0 directory to your (new) BC directory. Start BC, enjoy the fun.

WarrENDeatH

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
Bad thing about it, is I downloaded BC so I don't have the copy(its 100 bucks on Ebay). So I think this might be part of the reason. I've uninstalled BC three times and did all that over and over. I'm going to have to fully wipe my computer and start over. I've already had to decide that.

Also, the instructions you gave me, are the same that everyone gives out and they have the detail of a 1st grader on crack.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 06:55:45 AM »
I'm sorry, we can't help people with pirated copies, it's against the forum rules. Please review them.

*Locked*

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »
Banned. We do not tolerate discussion or use of Warez on these forums.