Author Topic: Most unusual AA issue  (Read 844 times)

AndrewJ

Most unusual AA issue
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
When I load up QB my AA/AF works fine, purdy graphics, yet after a few warp jumps it looks like I have zero AA/AF.  I have the latest graphic drivers on XP PRO Sp3... anyone else seen this issue?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Most unusual AA issue
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:22:15 AM »
Not yet, but then I never run (or care) for AA.

Is it only after a few (for some definition of few) warpjumps? Does time have a factor (so, does it only happen after warp jumps, and not just after some time)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

AndrewJ

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:39:56 AM »
Not yet, but then I never run (or care) for AA.

Is it only after a few (for some definition of few) warpjumps? Does time have a factor (so, does it only happen after warp jumps, and not just after some time)?

Time is also a factor.  I'm not sure whether it's an install issue or a XP issue.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
The mostlikely reason is the fact that BC was never aware of AA (or AF).
When it happens, try changing the Graphics Adapter and back (ignore the duplicates, we can't help that).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.