Author Topic: Star Trek Bridge Commander Remastered - Project Update 28/10/08.  (Read 13426 times)

PJCham

Re: Announcement - Star Trek Bridge Commander Remastered - Project.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
  • Will you be using Galaxy Charts?
  • Can you modify the SP script to delay required action ... giving the player more time to think, act, react, and possibly even develop a tactic or two?

Offline Captain_April

• Cookies: 5
  • hardpointer - CXP
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
well, a requirement for Galaxy Charts is NFX2b, which currently does not look like it will be used, so I would guess no.  but it would be cool...

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
a requirement for Galaxy Charts is NFX2b
Wrong.

It is not a requirement.
Actually, it should not be. Because of some scripting errors it is a requirement in GC v1.0. 
However that was already corrected and fixed in GC v2, still unreleased but on beta testing. I already personally tested GC v2 on a BC 1.1 + Foundation install and it worked   :wink:
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »
Be sure to look in the Autoload of a KM1.0 install, somewhere near the top you will see a file about a save fix. This will improve playability of the SP as well (I believe Defiant even said it fixed NanoFX for the SP). But you better ask Defiant about this.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »
If it's any help, you are free to use any of my bridges. Might make a decent backdrop for another ship. Well, that is assuming Mark lets you use his bridges :P.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »
Just a suggestion, but if this indeed does cause confusion with KM Remastered, then how about calling it one of these:

- Star Trek Bridge Commander Refit

- Star Trek Bridge Commander SP Version 2

Personally, I know I won't be confused between the 2 but I can see where Dale's remarks make sense.

Perhaps a poll would be in order...

Once again, just a suggestion  :)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 01:53:30 AM »
I thought it was KM:Revamped?

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 05:23:39 AM »
Just a suggestion, but if this indeed does cause confusion with KM Remastered, then how about calling it one of these:

- Star Trek Bridge Commander Refit

- Star Trek Bridge Commander SP Version 2

Personally, I know I won't be confused between the 2 but I can see where Dale's remarks make sense.

Perhaps a poll would be in order...

Once again, just a suggestion  :)

Uh, last I checked, the KM enhancement was only recently founded, whereas Glenn has been hiding in a dungeon working like mad for a fairly long time. I'm not taking sides, just saying...

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 06:23:04 AM »
Well, this isn't KM based (is it)? So I really don't see how it could be a problem. :S
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 07:20:37 AM »

It was but the poll ended on the day that this was posted. And the winner was KM-Remastered.

Basically look at it this way.

Kobayashi Maru - Remastered
Star Trek Bridge Commander Remastered

They look nothing alike when written out full. So I don't reckon that there'd be a problem.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

It was but the poll ended on the day that this was posted. And the winner was KM-Remastered.

Basically look at it this way.

Kobayashi Maru - Remastered
Star Trek Bridge Commander Remastered

They look nothing alike when written out full. So I don't reckon that there'd be a problem.
They aren't even the same when abrevated. ;)
KM:R
BC:R

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »
ya i dont think too many people would confuse the mods...  one is for KM, the other is for SP...
lets let Glenn chime in on how he wants his project to be named...  if he wishes its name to be as it is, so be it...  then, there will be a BC:R and a KM:R...  personally, since it is an SP mod, id say go for BC Single Player Remastered (BCSPR or SPR) but again, it is Glenn's call, so lets see what he would like :)

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
ya i dont think too many people would confuse the mods...  one is for KM, the other is for SP...
lets let Glenn chime in on how he wants his project to be named...  if he wishes its name to be as it is, so be it...  then, there will be a BC:R and a KM:R...  personally, since it is an SP mod, id say go for BC Single Player Remastered (BCSPR or SPR) but again, it is Glenn's call, so lets see what he would like :)

Thanks for the feedback folks.

As for the name..... It stays, as I said I've had the concept of this mod nailed down for six months plus, and that includes the Modification's Title.

As for mods like Galaxy Charts, I certainly won't rule out the possibility including it in STBCR but I have to finish up modding the core install first plus I need things like permissions from the original authors.

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 03:28:49 PM »
Will BC:R be multi-player compatible? I think people will enjoy a modern mod that (hopefully) retains the balanced simplicity of the original game. Almost to the effect of a "KM Lite" without all of the unimportant bloat. Top notch work so far, I will definitely follow this project.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »
Same here, so is this basically a high quality BC Supermod?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »
I tell ya what, that kessok light looks good.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Will BC:R be multi-player compatible? I think people will enjoy a modern mod that (hopefully) retains the balanced simplicity of the original game. Almost to the effect of a "KM Lite" without all of the unimportant bloat. Top notch work so far, I will definitely follow this project.

So far it is as compatible as the 1.1 patched game is as I've actually altered very little of the games core scripts, only stuff like hardpoints and weapons scripts have been altered so far.

Same here, so is this basically a high quality BC Supermod?

Well yes.... Kind of, CR did some great work with BC Supermod V3, especially with making the mod single player compatible without crashing issues. But CR did very little in terms of altering bridges, sets, textures etc. I hope to completely overhaul everything from the ground up.

Thanks for that question ChronowerX_GT.

I tell ya what, that kessok light looks good.

Cheers Starforce, so far that my favourite retexture. The mapping was a real pain in the butt!!.  :lol:

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
Star Trek Bridge Commander Remastered - Project Update 18/10/08.
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 01:32:19 PM »
Hi again Folks.  :)

Sorry that I haven't kept you updated for the past week or so, been busy modding and retexturing Federation bases for the STBCR. I've just finished making textures for Starbase 12, the main starfleet outpost in the game. I've kept the textures pretty high res to keep as much detail as possible with closeups. The Starbase 12 model appears with full credit to the Zorg / Morpheus for the original mesh, which has been re-sized to about the same size as the Stock Starbase 12 model.

Enough yapping.... here are the pix!!
  :D

Comments and criticism are always welcome, in-game shots to follow in the next few days.  8)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
Hmm, could use some more polys to smooth out the circular parts.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
Yeah while texturing looks very good the model is rather poor quality for nowadays standards also it would be awesome to have docking blocks inside the station like in ST3,4,5,6