Author Topic: Kobayashi Maru V1 install - SRC folder?  (Read 965 times)

skipper

Kobayashi Maru V1 install - SRC folder?
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »
Dont no whever this is tech suport question but it is about installing a mod. I have downloaded  Kobayashi Maru V1 a couple of days ago but there is a SRC folder in there and i dont no if im putting it in the right place. I am placing the entier folder into.

ProgramFiles\Activision\Bridgecommander.

Is that the right place to put it? 

Thanks for any help.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Kobayashi Maru V1 install - SRC folder?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »
Instructions:

SRC and DOC folders are not modwise important. Data, scripts and sfx are. Highlight them and then copy them. Then go to your Bridge COmmander Root folder (e.g. the folder that has other folders called, data, scripts, sfx, Screen Shots, Saves and that stuff) and paste.

To put it simply, you don't really need the SRC folder.

Edit: The SRC folder is a backup of the KM scripts folder. In case you get the black screen of death e.g. a BSOD.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »
I am placing the entier folder into.
ProgramFiles\Activision\Bridgecommander.
Is that the right place to put it? 
ya thats fine...  i find it to be a good idea to hold onto the src and doc folders...

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:23:26 AM »
Edit: The SRC folder is a backup of the KM scripts folder. In case you get the black screen of death e.g. a BSOD.
The src/ folder contains the .py files that are included in the scripts/-folder to ensure MP compatibility.