Author Topic: Nebula Bridge Retexture - Romulan Warbird Bridge  (Read 8841 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Nebula Bridge Retexture - Romulan Warbird Bridge
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »
that's much better, it already have some romulan feeling, I'm not sure about the color... in Elite Force 2 they were different shades of green + some white/yellow spots, in DS9 they were turquise (like yours)... I think these from EF2 are NEM-postNEM romulans and that's why they are green :D

I've been thinking about retexturing NX01 bridge into Klingon bridge back when I had plenty of free time ...

btw. here's that sovereign bridge retextured to be romulan bridge :

firehawk

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »
this more like it?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
nice tho I think the last one was better in quality cuz these controls are awfuly low res for nowadays standards IMO

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »
Here are the screenies I've promised.
good progress btw.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 04:53:55 PM »
I like it, I can't use the romulan briidge intrepid bridge retexture, If memory serves it was made for V2 , not the current Version [KM1.0 which is V3] when I tried most of the crew were floating way away from thier seats, and Kiska was seated with her legs through the back of her chair.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »
I like it, I can't use the romulan briidge intrepid bridge retexture, If memory serves it was made for V2 , not the current Version [KM1.0 which is V3] when I tried most of the crew were floating way away from thier seats, and Kiska was seated with her legs through the back of her chair.
there is a very easy way to have both versions of the Intrepid bridge (v2 and the new v3) in your install working together...  but thats for another thread lol   if youre curious how to do this, it is easy and id be happy to explain...  feel free to start up a new thread asking about it, and we can go from there :)

firehawk

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
my bc disc is broke so i can't load up the updated one..sorry guys looks like this is my first and last mod unless i get a no cd key or a new disc

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »
a no cd key
please be aware that any sort of discussion of that, or anything related to that, is strictly forbidden on these forums as it is illegal...

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:27 AM »
If he genuinely does have an original copy, then it's not illegal.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »
If he genuinely does have an original copy, then it's not illegal.
But we, nor he, can really prove that. So don't go there.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

firehawk

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
lucky i happen to have a brother in law who works with computers..managed to copy the disc for me.. anyway..heres my final ICARS effort btw the writing down each side of the big top icars signifies the station it is in romulan

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »
they look rather blurry tho, im sorry to say...  its tough to make out the images...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:29 AM »
Okkk..... so I'll ask you straight question - do you have any proffessional graphics editing software like Pain Shop Pro or Photoshop or even GIMP ??? cuz without any of these you won't be able to give a try with making new displays from scratch basing them upon all the resources available (thats what I do when I can't find displays I want - result - Early TMP Miranda bridge or Generations Enterprise-B bridge - all LCARS were made from scratch)
It'll take a while but when you learn and master your skills in any of these softwares i mentioned above you'll get an awesome romulan bridge retexture, it's worth the effort ;)

If this is your firrst mod then I encourage you to put as much effort as possible ;)

firehawk

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »
actually i am pretty much an expert in photoshop..its just that if i could have decent photos of the buttons used on the shows in romulan places i'll be fine...but alot of the romulanstuff online is too green green...not a mix of green turquise with maybepink/white etc thrown in and i think dark green is a lil too borg

i wasn't keen n the intrepid retexture tbh it looked like a federation bridge with new green icars..

wait.you did the enterprise b bridge?.just retextured or actually created it?

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »
viper created the enterprise B bridge a while back now...

now then, if you an expert in photoshop why dont you just draw the panels from scratch? you can find plenty of screencaps at www.trekcore.com if you are struggling for reference.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
It takes a few weeks to get panels done from scratch but it's worth it. And hell, I use Paint.Net and I get decent results.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 03:53:19 AM »
actually i am pretty much an expert in photoshop..its just that if i could have decent photos of the buttons used on the shows in romulan places i'll be fine...but alot of the romulanstuff online is too green green...not a mix of green turquise with maybepink/white etc thrown in and i think dark green is a lil too borg

i wasn't keen n the intrepid retexture tbh it looked like a federation bridge with new green icars..

wait.you did the enterprise b bridge?.just retextured or actually created it?

That's why I showed you those EF2 displays cuz they have pretty nice romulan feeling, also SFC I romulan menus are cool and could be used as reference.

As Mark said, Viper and the rest of 3DE crew made Ent-B bridge, I've only retextured it - made canon, new Generations displays for it and updated a little texturing on it.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »
have you tried looking at any of the romulan lcars from the okudagrams.com forum?
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

firehawk

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »
what about this?

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
Now those are looking amazing.