Author Topic: TOS-ified STXI Enterprise  (Read 783 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
TOS-ified STXI Enterprise
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »
I did this mainly because I was bored, so this is the original TOS Enterprise done with the proportions of the STXI Enterprise.  While doing this, I easily noticed that the saucer didn't need changing, but the engineering hull and neck moved forward.  Now, the engineering hull is shorter, but I am working from the one angle that Paramount has released, so I could be way off.  The warp engines seem shorter now and the pylons are connected to them further forward towards the bussard collectors.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: TOS-ified STXI Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
Eww, gross, kill it with fire.

Offline Johnnymuffintop

• Concept Artist
  • Cookies: 7
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
Could you do a Sovereign with the proportions of the TMP Connie refit?

(I have a feeling it will get less, but will definitely still get, a "kill it with fire" comment. haha)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:31:44 PM »
Well Kirk, like I said I was bored.  And strangely, after doing my comparison pic, I realize that I probably didn't need to do all that much to the engineering hull.  This honestly wasn't serious, I just wanted to see if it could be done.  And quite frankly, it makes me appreciate JJ's Enterprise more.  Putting the pic together like that shows how rough the angles were on the original and on the new one it flows a great deal.

As for a Sovvie with Connie proportions...no way.  The Ent-E doesn't even have a neck, so it would be very odd to try and make it have one.

To Boldly Go...Again.