Author Topic: New to BC  (Read 594 times)

sorin

New to BC
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
So I have just purchased this game although I wont have time to install it for a couple of days.  Anyways I thought I would start with a simple question.  Knowing what you know now and the experience you have with existing mods,  Which ones would you install on a fresh install for someone looking to play for the first time.  I will just be playing single player (for now)

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: New to BC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »
If you want to play single player first, I would say just intall the 1.1 fix and maybe foundation for a few other ships or so. Anything else messes the sp pretty much up.
BUT... you can make a second install on which I personally would install Kobayashi Maru 1.0 as a Mod base. It includes most really helpfull scripts and a few (I think 40 or so) good Ships. (of course now are newer available for eg. Galaxy and Defiant and such)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
BC Supermod 3.0 is a mega-mod which was solely built for SP use...  you may want to consider this one (be sure to read the comments of the mod as well, altho there are a number of them)...
however, it was not designed to work with any other mods, so it is recommended to have this as its own install and a different one for modding or anything else...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »
Welcome to BC and BCC!

I should probably mention that it is possible to create more than 1 install of BC, for example, I installed BC once, installed the patch, and I've been copying that directory forever whenever I needed a clean install.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.