Author Topic: Aeries' "JJVerse" Constellation Class  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Aeries' "JJVerse" Constellation Class
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »
Got bored at midnight... didn't wanna screw around with the Mithra. So, five and a half hours later, this thing's sitting, nearly completed, on the lcd display in Max. Yay for exhaustion and sugar binges! C&C welcome. :]

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: Aeries' "JJVerse" Constellation Class
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:29:27 AM »
Loving that.. take a cookie :)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
That's a weird take, but oddly, I think I like it. :P

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Retribution

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »
Different yet at the same time, very inviting. :) Nice work there dude.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
Very nce, like the Nacelle Self-illumination and the shape. Although i'm a little unsure about the back neck, though. Those orange slits seem kinda buggy.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
Very nce, like the Nacelle Self-illumination and the shape. Although i'm a little unsure about the back neck, though. Those orange slits seem kinda buggy.

I think thats a reflection...  Its a mental Ray Render from the looks of it, and its reflecting the orange from the bussards.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »
No offense to the modelling, but I fail to see how this can be considered a "JJVerse" ship. Looks nothing like the style of the USS Kelvin, or the new Enterprise.

Model looks good, don't get me wrong... just doesn't fit in the "JJVerse" style universe tbh.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »
Check the warp engines. They're the most JJ thing ever.

I think it would look more like the Constellation class if you moced the warpies back a little bit? Otherwise it looks like someone wearing a huge rucksack with huge trousers. At least to me anyway :P.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

I think it would look more like the Constellation class if you moced the warpies back a little bit? Otherwise it looks like someone wearing a huge rucksack with huge trousers. At least to me anyway :P.

Sorry, but I still fail to see how this has any resemblence to the 2 known "JJVerse" ships. Even if untextured, these nacelles have nothing in common with the Enterprise nacelles, other than being "cylinder shaped".
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dalek

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
The Constellation is younger than the Constitution, JJVerse or not.

I can tell that its JJVerse. The shape of the saucer gives some of it away as well.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »

I can tell that its JJVerse. The shape of the saucer gives some of it away as well.

I thought it was a lot older.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
I thought it was a lot older.
the Constitution Class was launched 40 years before the Constellation Class...
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Constitution_class
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Constellation_class

personally, in general i think the whole "JJ-Verse" thing is stupid...  mostly because i think the new movie and everything revolving it is stupid...
nothing against anyone who is building ships from this "genre" tho, of course; the work being done is excellent and i encourage all modders to take on new projects :)

No offense to the modelling, but I fail to see how this can be considered a "JJVerse" ship. Looks nothing like the style of the USS Kelvin, or the new Enterprise.
Model looks good, don't get me wrong... just doesn't fit in the "JJVerse" style universe tbh.
Sorry, but I still fail to see how this has any resemblence to the 2 known "JJVerse" ships. Even if untextured, these nacelles have nothing in common with the Enterprise nacelles, other than being "cylinder shaped".

i find myself agreeing with DT...  i think this ship needs alot more work and detailing, it doesnt seem to fall into the "JJ-verse category" from what i have observed so far, i dont see any strong resemblance to the other "JJ-verse" ships... nothing against aeries; it is coming out well thus far... im sure with a bit more tweaking and remodeling, it could work :)

personally tho, id say "screw the stupid JJ-verse crap; mithra needs some love" :P

anyway, on that note let's please go back ontopic...

thx :)

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
It looks like something JJ Abrams would make.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »

Wrong.  It looks like something Ryan Church would make.  :P

Anyway, while it seems to have some echoes of the original Constellation, it's...very different.  To quote a certain Vulcan, it is, "shall we say, unique."

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
Anyway, while it seems to have some echoes of the original Constellation, it's...very different.

So's the JJ-Connie. I think in the JJVerse everything looks different.

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
in any case, I've been re-thinking those nacelles since i got up. I have a feeling that's what's throwing everyone off... that and the shiny. but I like shiny... especially at 5:30am.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »
Here's your JJVerse Connie, Dalek :)

Quickly and crudely done, but you get the picture. Apologies to Aeries for the brief hijacking.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
I think it looks odd because the Constellation used the 1701 refit nacelles, whereas you're using the rounded nacelles....hmmm...what would the 1701 refit look like in JJ's timeline?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »
hmmm...what would the 1701 refit look like in JJ's timeline?
Don't get me started. :)  Maybe you can put the nacelles further back like the 4-nacelled Excelsior and extend the engineering hull.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Aeries

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »
hmmm...what would the 1701 refit look like in JJ's timeline?
Don't get me started. :)  Maybe you can put the nacelles further back like the 4-nacelled Excelsior and extend the engineering hull.

What engineering hull? :P Unless you're talking about the deflector and torpedo pods... In any case I've been thinking about this and I think I'll redesign the deflector pod a bit and the nacelles are gonna get a makeover tonight. I'm not happy with the nacelles anyway. Don't worry, this won't turn into another Mithra! I wanna actually release something. This will also be my learning base for texturing. *pokes markyd* =3