Author Topic: Galaxy-Class Venture refit - !complete rework! 07/13  (Read 4976 times)

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
Galaxy-Class Venture refit - !complete rework! 07/13
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:04:55 PM »
Just a retexture of DJ's Venture Galaxy. I was always thinking about a more armored version of the Galaxy class and I thought why not use DJ's Venture? Ablative Armor plating and stuff like that. I will add to more powerful systems and hull a better shield generator, some backup pulse cannons on the back and a phaser array in the forward torpedo tube. If I'm not mistaken we've seen that phaser in the darmok episode of tng.

Well, I'm still working on it. I just wanted some input. I'm not thinking of a release.
But with DJ's permission and If you would download it, then sure I'll give it to you.  :D

JTK

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Wolf

• Cookies: 1
Re: Galaxy-Class Venture refit
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »
That looks brutal.  :D

As for the Darmok episode, I think it was just an error on the production side.  I remember the phaser being fired straight from the torpedo launcher.  :shock:

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »
That's great, I can't wait to see this, I hope I can get it lol. Is this going to overwrite the ship or not? Also for armor plating, add some more armor on the front of the saucer section cause it seems a bit exposed to me.

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
That's great, I can't wait to see this, I hope I can get it lol. Is this going to overwrite the ship or not? Also for armor plating, add some more armor on the front of the saucer section cause it seems a bit exposed to me.

Yeah I thought it would be too empty. More pics tomorrow then.

EDIT: Already have a good idea. let's hope I won't forget it  :lol:

Oh and i already have it seperately running in bc. So no overwriting.

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
This looks FIERCE :!:...I just upgraded the DJYamato HP and and added the name plate to the Galaxy refit bridge.... Now it looks as though it was all for naught.... :lol: Well I better get a head start for this Venture. I can't wait to take her in battle against the Dominion or Borg...speaking of which when shes done how are we going to download her :shock:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 03:29:26 PM »
Well Frak me down and call me Betsie! That looks hench!
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
One thing... have you got permission to release it because last time i known, DJ has now stopped people modding his ships.

~Jb06

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
There's no problem if it's for his personal mod, though when he gets it finished  I want a copy :P

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
There's no problem if it's for his personal mod, though when he gets it finished  I want a copy :P

Which in turn negates it from being his "Personal" mod, if multiple people have it.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »
Oh well. Public is released on BCF (shame that its closing down huh?). Private is when you force said recipient to not release anywhere on pain of internet death. :D

BUT ITS BLOODY COOL! WANTZ!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »
Well, it's different than putting it online and letting 50,000 registered users have it, I have mods on my BC install from people that no one has that aren't public released that are remakes of some vessels.

Offline adama2

• Cookies: 0
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
cratulation great work, i`m really surprised... :)

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 07:43:22 PM »
Yeah it is intendet for personal use. I wouldn't dare release it without DJ's permission ;)

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
I like the saucer glow, but a ship that's refitted like that, should it be blue or red? Maybe make one of each? Or it'd be cool to do it like they done on the Enterprise A with the two different deflector powers. High and Low.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »
Very nice, I would love to see that ship in a video.  Hmmm, and I got a few flyby scenes in mind too. he he

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »
Its nice, but it does look like you only adjusted the colours slightly and maxed up the spec maps.. look forward to seeing the weapon additions.

Offline Bigkap

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »
I'm not partial to the armor (rather the amount of it used). Assuming that by this refit, she'd have a brand spankin' new core, and (presumably) shield technology would have improved also.

I do, however, very much like what you've done with the deflector and engines. All in all she's nice tho :D

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 06:09:46 AM »
I like it. However have armour just around key areas. The bridge module, all phaser arrays, the main impulse engine, and forward and aft photon launchers.

I'd extend the armour on the engineering hull spine to include the main impulse engine.

I'd remove the starboard and port plating on the top of the saucer section so just the bridge, top of the shuttlebay, main phaser array and impulse engines are covered by armour.

Also I'd revert to the normal style deflector or how about an Intrepid styled one? And those purple exhast things below the main shuttle bay look far better the normal blue colour.

I love the bussard collectors!!!! However I'd scale back the armour on each nacelle. Perhaps having the phaser implacements armoured then hanving a central spine running forward.

I think at present she looks too much like a heavily armoured battleship rather than a beautiful ship of exploration with better armour for protection.

Offline adama2

• Cookies: 0
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 06:32:44 AM »
I would change only the purple on the top side. The remainder is great. :arms:

Offline Judge King

• USAF Phoenix CO
  • Cookies: 18
  • Hail to the king of battle!
    • XSGCOM Wiki
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »
It looks like something that would come about after the end of the Star Trek: Destiny trilogy. Pure win.
Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.