Author Topic: Question re disabling crew/animations - scripting  (Read 949 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Question re disabling crew/animations - scripting
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »
Hopefully simple question for likes of Mleo:  is it possible to disable extra crew so they don't appear on bridge?  And disable liftdoor animations so they no longer open?   For example, the EarlyTMPMiranda Bridge/Prommie,  so no extra crew appear on set.  Caveat is one extra crew member is seated at a console.    I tried removing relevant crew/anim lines from plugins, but bridge failed to load in QB  (though the ship model loaded; just couldn't switch into bridge hitting space bar).  Is it the case that bridge won't load unless all anims are active? 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Question re disabling crew/animations - scripting
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
What exactly is your ultimate purpose for this?

I suppose a combination of SetHidden(1) (which can be changed by the bridge scripts at a later stage, for example with the use of lifts) and ClearAnimations/ClearExtraAnimations and SetAnimatedSpeaking.

But it largely depends on what you want to do with this.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »
Thanks for quick response  :D   Ultimate purpose is just to have greater flexibility over game content.  There are some bridges that work with extra crew, others that don't,  and it would be nice to be able to control.  Again, another example:  the Yamaguchi, Ent C and ETNG generic are all roughly based on same module/size of bridge.  But the Yamaguchi has additional crew while the Amb C doesn't.   

I tried your suggestions but so far no result.  Liftdoors still open and extra crew appear.  I'm assuming the only relevant file this works on is scripts/bridge/....     I noticed at bottom of script are two areas:  Preload and Unload Animation.  I can imagine what Preload does, but what is Unload? 

Anyway, perhaps I'm putting clearance lines in wrong place, so any more specific details greatly appreciated.  In the meantime will continue to experiment  :D

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
Well, bridges are rather special, all animations have to be handcrafted for a particular bridge.

I still don't know exactly what it is that you are trying to achieve.
Let me put it another way, adding another character will take more than merely disabling crew/animations.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »
Thanks again.  I wasn't trying to add character...I realise that needs specific scripting instructions.  Merely deleting extra crewmen from bridge. 

The solution was simple but elegant.  Just put a hash in front of the crewmember line.   They no longer show on bridge, and liftdoors no longer open (I assume they're triggered by crewmember). 

The reason why wanted solution is as picture.  Was experimenting retexturing EarlyTMPMiranda bridge to Reliant/Grissom variant, and this required texturing over sidelift doors which I no longer wanted to open.

Thread may be closed. 

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
Holy crap. That is an awesome idea, and an impressive result. If you don't mind I am totally going to take this advice! :D