Author Topic: Macdill Shipyards - Bridge development section (BSG redress)  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: ROM Contest - BSG redress W.I.P.
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »
haha lightmaps edited and smoothed out aaanndd see for yourselves :D

btw. most of the bridge is finished still have to make some navigational, science, damage control screens and fill rear msd wall then I'll get to active ship status LCARS infront of cap'n chair

pics :

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 04:00:28 PM »
Very cool!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
Awesome, I wonder what you'll be doing with the dedication plaque.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 10:46:03 AM »
I've been thinking about golden/copper BSG 75 logo which also will be applied on doors in it's original form

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »
love the look of the bridge! cookie
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 06:39:04 AM »
I know this is supposed to be BSG but is anyone else getting a USS Kelvin vibe off this?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
I know this is supposed to be BSG but is anyone else getting a USS Kelvin vibe off this?

What I've been thinking the whole time. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:11 AM »
Yeah, now you mention it! Though there's no way you'd mistake it for anything but the Bucket.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
looking great! :D
now all we need is the red alert (or "condition one") klaxon :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
That's right we need some klaxons, I think I can get one from Jedi Knight II (critical alert from Exodus pt.2, Daybreak pt.2) but I need condition one loop alert from Galactica and Pegasus as well as ambient sound, if anyone have those I would much appreciate.

update : everything is replaced and displays are ready for anim works, now I'm working on damage/tactical display and here is my idea :
BSG haven't got any kind of shelding which left me no choice but to remove shields from display buttt..... I came up with small thought : In the miniseries I think Tigh said that they've lost most of protective layer on armor plating sooo why just don't make shields on display as that protective layer :D

I'll post some pics in few days.

P.S. Kelvin would be achieveable from this point, I would just have to replace displays/controls and change walls styling so few tweaks and some good LCARS reference and we have another bridge :D

Offline Dalek

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
LCARS reference

The Kelvin wasn't really an LCARS style ship. More like clunky buttons and levers.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
Kelvin displays were much like Kobayashi Maru simulator bridge and shot on Uhura with buttons/bars/display in background shows off how they look like

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Macdill Shipyards - Bridge development section
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »
I'm reviving this thread and since it served it's purpose (Redress of the Month contest) I'm dedicating it to Macdill Shipyards bridge WIPs section and the first bridge to re-introduce is Miranda bridge - Battlestar Galactica redress, I'm updating cuz I found it rusting on my backup drive :)

All I need to do is to apply animations to all screens, I've already found some cool DRADIS scan sound (it will be loop sound as an ambient loop) as well as yellow alert klaxon (actually it's hull breach klaxon from the show but who cares :P ) and condition one sound :)

Next to show is Foxhound TNG Constitution refit bridge so stay tuned ;)

btw. how can I rename this topic so it show up on thread list as Macdill Shipyards  - Bridge development section  :idk:

Offline Dalek

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »
btw. how can I rename this topic so it show up on thread list as Macdill Shipyards  - Bridge development section  :idk:

Changing the Subject in the very first post works. :)

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Macdill Shipyards - Bridge development section (BSG redress)
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »
Thank's mate ! that worked the trick  :thumbsup:

So as I promissed here's a very early stage of Foxhound TNG Constitution refit bridge for Cyan1d3's Foxhound class, featuring more militaristic color scheme as well as my new LCARS color setup (white/grey/navy blue/red). Still much to be done but comments and feedback are very welcome at this one ;)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
this is really neat bones, hey how about you help me out with the solaris's bridge sometime?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 05:26:22 AM »
Sure, upload it wherever you want, I'll take a look on it ;) damn, those screen animations are major pain in back ... I always hated this part :P

Update : BSG bridge is now in game and working fine, only few anims left and some sound normalization left (yellow alert is too quiet and ambient has a pause of 2 seconds in between loop)

here are some ingame pics :)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
Thank's mate ! that worked the trick  :thumbsup:

So as I promissed here's a very early stage of Foxhound TNG Constitution refit bridge for Cyan1d3's Foxhound class, featuring more militaristic color scheme as well as my new LCARS color setup (white/grey/navy blue/red). Still much to be done but comments and feedback are very welcome at this one ;)

2 things, 1 could we see what it looks like with a wood grain handbar?
and 2.... looks like i have an MSD base to do tonight  :evil:
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
2 things, 1 could we see what it looks like with a wood grain handbar?
and 2.... looks like i have an MSD base to do tonight  :evil:
wooden handbar huh ? consider it done ;)

you can either make ship shape with decks or simply ship shape or even whole msd :) if you do just ship outline shape I could make an msd that would perfectly fit the rest of the LCARS ;)

btw. I've changed model to Enterprise B bridge, do you agree ? (better for MSD, more TNG feel, separate helm/nav console - very TNG ;) )

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »
this reminds me, weren't you working on part of baz's TMP bridge?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet