Author Topic: WIP of TheUnknown - The Akula (mk II)  (Read 61958 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: WIP of TheUnknown - Retexturing the Kessok
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
Okay, these things need a brand new HP of awesomeness to go with this awesome retexture.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
Okay, these things need a brand new HP of awesomeness to go with this awesome retexture.

Most of that kessok freighters textures look great. I am not too sure on the forward section though. Heres a picture of the old beta with the original textures on the forward section. Maybe yours and something like the old ones textures on the forward section could 'meet somewhere in the middle'.

(PS: I don't remember where I got this beta from but it was quite a while ago)
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »

heh.... *looks at KM 1.0 HPs*
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »

He said "awesomeness" not "lameness"  :arms: 8)

Nice cargoship, btw. Sorta reminds me of the armada dilithium freighters, kessok style. It's to bad the aramda guys never took of with that race, there'd be all sorts of new brainstorming ofr designs as a result. Maybe this project will start a movement.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 12:37:20 AM »

He said "awesomeness" not "lameness"  :arms: 8)

Nice cargoship, btw. Sorta reminds me of the armada dilithium freighters, kessok style. It's to bad the aramda guys never took of with that race, there'd be all sorts of new brainstorming ofr designs as a result. Maybe this project will start a movement.

maybe maybe

and no the Kessok HPs in KM 1.0 I think are one of the better ones in there... The torps pack quite a punch.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 03:54:41 AM »
Yeah, they are almost godlike.

Anyway nice job !!

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
After days unwrapping, configuring textures and trying to find the right combinations; I'm happy to present my initial attempt at texturing Rob Archer's Kessok Freighter.

Very nice, I'm glad to see it finally looking like it should, good work.

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• Cookies: 328
  • (Semi) Retired
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
I am not too sure on the forward section though.

That's just reminded be of all the texures I've already got on the kessok light! It'd probaly look better if I copy some of the textures over to the freighter and see what I get. You're right, the aztec-y marks on the frighter dont quite work. (At least not as well as they work on the kessok heavy).

I'll have another try at the forward section...

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 05:54:05 AM »
Right. I think it's time for an update...

Fistly, I've re-done the forward section of the Kessok Carrier's hull, filled in the blank spots and added the engine textures to the rear end. I'm finishing off by adding minor details to the hull.

Secondly, I've been thinking about re-hardpointing the Kessok, maybe as a seprate update. Just to give them my idea on what Kessok weaponry would be like.

Finally, ... the Kessok Light Cruiser is in game! :D . I'll let the screenshots do the talking.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 05:58:14 AM »
The Kessok Light looks brill in BC. :D

Still not overly convinced by the freighter though. I would;ve though the nacelles would e a smidge smaller but oh well.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 06:53:16 AM »
The Kessok Light looks brill in BC. :D

Still not overly convinced by the freighter though. I would;ve though the nacelles would e a smidge smaller but oh well.

I have to agree with this. The textures otherwise look brilliant.

Maybe if you adjust the length of the nacelles of the freighter model to something like the picture below, it would really suit well.

EDIT: Its too bad that you don't have permission to give this a texture and HP upgrade. It could really use them.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Kessok_Assault;28973

Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 07:45:58 AM »
Hmm, shorter nacelles. Well I've shotened them down considerably in the next picture, I think I'll add a poll to see what the most popular version is...

Here are the comparison pics:

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »
I say the short ones  :)

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
Kessok Heavy Battlecruiser complete and now ingame! Pictues Attached.

Also, the Alpha layer of the Kessok Heavy has windows now included (for anyone who wants kessok and windows   :) )

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 05:30:44 PM »
Also, the Alpha layer of the Kessok Heavy has windows now included
Haha, I never noticed that. Nice!

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
Re: TheUnknown - Kessok retexture complete
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »
Finally, the rexexturing of the Kessok is completely... complete.

I'll be releasing it over at BCFiles soon, after I pack it all up and take some screenshots.
Talking about screenshots, here's a nice pic of our two NEW! Kessok ships ready for action. I'll also submit it as a PoTD.

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
Re: WIP of TheUnknown - Kessok Freighter/Carrier ingame
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »
Rob Archer's Kessok Freighter/Carrier is now fully textured and hardpointed, and now ingame in Bridge Commander. I've given the ship a torpedo laucher, four phasers - two fore, two aft, reasonably powerful shields and a cloaking device. Top speed: Warp 8.5.
Here's some screenshots:

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »
pretty powerful for a freighter. might reconsider making it only a carrier.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
yeah, I would arm it a bit lighter, loose the torpedoes, maybe just give it two beams similar to the side arrays on the stock Kessok ships.

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »
Actually the specs he has are pretty similar to the original specs i set for the Kessok Freighter if your interested this is the original Specs:

* Primary Weapons: 3 Positron Beams
    * Secondary Weapons: 1 Forward Torpedo Tube
    * Length: 520 meters
    * Top Speed: Warp 7.5

Bio: The Kessok Freighter is one of the largest Known Kessok Starships. The Ship is similar in size to a federation Galaxy Class Starship, the vessel is lightly armed but features powerful shield generators in the event the ship is attacked it can remain in a fire fight much longer until assistance arrives, The Vessel is one of the largest freighters of any known race, The Freighters were originally colonization ships from the Kessok Colonization fleet.

in 2373 9 of these ships arrived in the Omega draconis system which was a site of a new Kessok colony, 6 of the colony vessels were dismantled and used to assist the establishment of the colony, the remaining three were used to gather resources from nearby planets, their size allowed for more cargo to be hauled in a single run, ideal for the small colony.

My idea for the kessok was that they, originated in Tholian Space but were subjugated.

In New Frontier which was set after bridge Commander the Kessok were about to sign a treaty with the Federation making them a protectorate of the Federation, during the ceremony the Tholians Attacked claiming that the Kessok were citizens and thus under the rule of the Tholian Assembly. It is then revealed that the Kessok were a race who lived within the boarders of the Assembly however their homeworld was attacked and the race enslaved by the tholians, the Kessok in Omega Draconis were rebels who left the original Kessok Homeworld to establish a new colony (Omega Draconis).

The Tholians then attempt to annex the Omega Draconis colony which is under federation protection the resulting battle drives the Federation and Tholians into war, with the tholians seeking to take the maelstrom for themselves.