Author Topic: WIP of TheUnknown - The Akula (mk II)  (Read 61948 times)

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• Cookies: 328
  • (Semi) Retired
WIP of TheUnknown - The Akula (mk II)
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »
This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, retexture the kessok. After looking back on BCFiles I noticed that the last Kessok update was back in 2005!  :shock:
Well, I've taken it upon myself to give the kessok a much needed retexturing to make them look up to the same quality as all the other ships that are out.
First things first was to scale up the existing textures (they were 256x256!) to 1024x1024.

I've started with the Kessok Light Cruiser to test out some effects. So far I've redone two texture files and I'm looking them over in NifScope. Here's how it's looking so far:

IMAGES REMOVED
See page 3 for completed textures

Offline szekeres2008

• Cookies: 0
  • Lt. Commander Mr. Mouse
Re: WIP of TheUnknown - Retexturing the Kessok
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
 WOW looks promising :D

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »
nice start, but wasn't there someone else doing that?
I think it was bones... dunno xD

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »
Ya know great job with the upscaling the textures....

I just wish someone would remodel these ships...
cause lots of that texture detail looks like parts that could be modeled on.
just a thought.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
I have to agree with Nebula, but this looks good for now :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »
indeed, the Kessok hasnt gotten much attention over the years compared to everything else unfortunately...  it is always good to see anything Kessok being done...
it would be cool to see more Kessok ships and updated modeling and textures to today's standards...

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »
Yopyop, you're right, someone else was working on a Kessok retexture. However, that project is about a year old now and nothing was released to BCFiles.

Edit: As for re-moddeling, if only I knew how to do it properly... :?

The first update: I've decided to darken down the hull and make all the textures simillar colours and patterns:

Images Removed - See page 3

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
No it wasn't me ;) Glenn / Capt. Elgy was working on stock BC content retextures so SP campaign would more up to date GFX wise, I just offered Insurrection Sovereign bridge retexture to him but I guess now the mod is on hold due to lack of free time...

Nice work on these, would be great to replace that Cardassian feel to them... maybe make panneling more wheathered grey instead of pale brown

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »
heh now it looks like the Kessok ships have bio armor...

cool
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
even better try to make it like species 8472 but only slightly similiar

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
Yopyop, you're right, someone else was working on a Kessok retexture. However, that project is about a year old now and nothing was released to BCFiles.

The first update: I've decided to darken down the hull and make all the textures simillar colours and patterns:

All you would need would be a good model program and the BC SDK. I recommend Milkshape as its good for people just looking to get started. No-one is asking anyone to throw out a uber kessok-theme model, but a few tweaking of angles on various parts of the existing kessok ships, and there you would have a new ship.

The textures so far look great.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »

All you would need would be a good model program and the BC SDK. I recommend Milkshape as its good for people just looking to get started. No-one is asking anyone to throw out a uber kessok-theme model, but a few tweaking of angles on various parts of the existing kessok ships, and there you would have a new ship.

The textures so far look great.

or look for some Kessokish parts in existing ships and make a kitbash from those parts ;)

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »
Not one to thread hijack but i have a new mesh for the Kessok Freighter if your willing to texture it then your welcome to it...

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »
Nice Kessok ship!  :D If there's one thing that the Kessok lack (apart from a decent texture  :wink: ) is a variety of ships. And yes, I would be willing to take a crack at texturing your Kessok Feighter if you'd like.
As for making my own version of the existing Kessok ships; I'll look into it. But I'd prefer to roll out something proffesional rather than a novice attempt at a ship. But, I might have a go with Milkshape - see what I come up with.

Also, a bit of an update. I've been working on the underbelly of the Kessok Light. Also, Ive added armour plating to the top-rear side (dunno about it though, what do you lot think?). Here's what I've got:

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
Now she is her own ship. That ceramic armoury stuff on the sides really gives it class. :D Cookie!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »
Nice Kessok ship!  :D If there's one thing that the Kessok lack (apart from a decent texture  :wink: ) is a variety of ships. And yes, I would be willing to take a crack at texturing your Kessok Feighter if you'd like.
As for making my own version of the existing Kessok ships; I'll look into it. But I'd prefer to roll out something proffesional rather than a novice attempt at a ship. But, I might have a go with Milkshape - see what I come up with.

Also, a bit of an update. I've been working on the underbelly of the Kessok Light. Also, Ive added armour plating to the top-rear side (dunno about it though, what do you lot think?). Here's what I've got:

Milkshape and professional are two mutually exclusive terms  :arms:, I like the ceramic armour too :)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »

ill send you the model file but you should know that the Freighter is completely untextured and needs unwrapping and mapped something which i suck at :p

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• (Semi) Retired
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
Basically complete with the Kessok Light Cruiser now. I'll probaly be changing things as time goes on, but here is the result as of now.
If there is any Constructive Critisism, please don't hesitate to say - I'd like to produce something everyone would want  :D

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
You've really done it justice, particular the bussards. I like how it wibbles from purple to orangey-red. Cookie torpedoes away! :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »
Heh, it looks like The Doctor gave the Kessok his tardis desktop theme judging by the... Bump things on the underside  :P

Looks awesome however, cookies.