Author Topic: one MP3 is blocking my install?!  (Read 564 times)

whistler

one MP3 is blocking my install?!
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:31:03 AM »
hey guys :D

i'm generally not one to join a forum for the purpose of asking a question, but frankly i'm at a loss here.  i'm currently unable to get my copy of Bridge Commander to install on either of my two machines because:

Code: [Select]
An error occurred during the move data process: -117

Component: Sounds
File Group:
File: E:\setup\sfx\Maelstrom\Episode 2\Mission 1\E2M1HailWarbird4.mp3

now frankly, i could care less about this... i want to experience the apparent greatness of the Supermod and quench the insatiable thirst for Trek fleet combat that has gripped me since  watching the new Star Trek movie on the big screen... and tracking Star Trek Online... and subsequently rewatching DS9... and going back over First Contact... suffering through Nemesis again... trying to find a copy of the Wrath of Khan.  you get the idea. :lol:

so anyway, has anyone else had this problem?  is there some way around it?  i think it's absurd if one effin' .mp3 can stop me from playing BC... think anyone can help me out here?  i'd really appreciate it guys!  :? :(

- whistler

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: one MP3 is blocking my install?!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »
it sounds like the disk may be damaged

whistler

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
of course, that's what i was afraid to hear.  sure, the disk does have some scratches on it, but nothing that looks to be truly serious.  is there any way to simply force it past this one file?  after all, its just an MP3... its not like it's anything crucial to the game, right?

- whistler

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »
You can try making an image of the disk using Nero or IMGburner at a very low reading speed, and installing from it.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 02:46:01 PM »
it should be noted, that without the MP3, the campaign won't work.

whistler

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »
 :?

is there any chance that someone could upload this particular file?  now i realize that if this isn't the only fubared file than there wouldn't be any others that could be uploaded... is there any chance that the Supermod replaces the MP3s or anything?  i know its a stretch, but i figured i might as well ask.

Neo, i'll see about making an image of the disk... along those lines, do you think that if i just copied everything over from the disk and ran the install from my harddrive it would work?

by the way, thanks for your input guys :D  i appreciate your efforts

- whistler

btw, Neo... Picard posing as Ranka is hilarious yet so terribly wrong.  i dont know whether to laugh or sob :P :winkwinknudgenudgesaynomore:

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Cant you replace the mp3 with something else but just give it the same name?

Whistler I'll pm you.