Author Topic: hobbs' research  (Read 5977 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: hobbs' research
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
was wondering...

with starfleet utilising the doctor from voyager as a sentient crew member does he have to go through a "medical" like other crew?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »
even Data had to have a few external diagnostics done.  i imagine the Doctor has to have his program gone over once in a while, as well as his portable projector.  just don't let the real Louis Zimmerman at it, he's a jerk.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »
^'greed, what a yatch  :D
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »
cheers.

actual research now.

i'll be testing this later but was wondering what the use of the sensor strength in bc hp's are

so far i see the galaxy charts uses the number to allow you to scan other systems for example 32000 = 32000 ly which is basically all the core worlds in galaxycharts

what does the same number do in normal bc, in a system for example?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
actually, i've run into thing where turning that level up does help.  it usually gives you instant opponent identification.  i don't think the stat is LIGHTYEARS...but kilometers.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 07:36:06 AM »
well as far as my own research goes this is how the sensors seem to work in bc:

the number in the hp file for sensor range is in "units" which is used by bc to give in system range, what those units are i do not know. my tests showed the following:

at 500.88 km my ship can see a station with its sensors range at 2163.15 but with sensors 1% lower at 2147.37 my ship cannot see the station.

and with ship sensors at 31.59 the station can be seen at 5.53 km away.

(when i say see i mean the station appears in the tactical window)

but the number in Galaxy Charts is used as Light Years for sensor analysis in Stellar Cartography   so many ships have for example 2000 ly range.

in normal system play though the number of the sensors range is utilized in Kobayosi Maru for inaccurate phasers, the lower the number in the hp the less chance to hit enemy ships. i set a ship to 17 sensor range and in game i could hardly hit the enemy galors (i used 17 because in tng:tech manual it says the range of the ent-D sensors is 17 ly)

is it possible to edit the files on my install to reduce the inaccuracy when using a cannon number for the sensors. (note: i cannot find the file responsible for inaccurate phasers)

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:56 AM »
Length values are usually in Game Units. 1 Kilometer = 5.714 Game Units.

The sensor range applies to 100% sensor power. Objects in range will be detected, in half range identified.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:56 AM »
@ Defiant

thank you  :bow:

unfortunately i cant figure out how to get Galaxy Charts to show 17 Ly range and still have a decent sensor accuracy in a system (if i make sensor range 17 units which = 17 Ly in GC then the actual range in system would be 2.9751487 km [maths not my strong point may be wrong lol] so that would not work lol)

oh well like tiq tells me i need to accept the system is not workable lol
(grumble, moan, gripe)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
Length values are usually in Game Units. 1 Kilometer = 5.714 Game Units.

The sensor range applies to 100% sensor power. Objects in range will be detected, in half range identified.
THATS the number , I could not ever remember. cookie
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »
i have searched but can not find a solution (only found that someone else had the problem)

how do i fix the "ship disappears in fly bys" my ship is not a small one but still has the problem.

edit: ship disappears but blinking lights stay visible.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 05:56:01 AM »
i have searched but can not find a solution (only found that someone else had the problem)

how do i fix the "ship disappears in fly bys" my ship is not a small one but still has the problem.

edit: ship disappears but blinking lights stay visible.

Edit 2: I fixed it all that was missing/needed apparently was the following from the pluginfile:

kShipStats = {
      "FilenameHigh": "data/Models/Ships/SentinelV6/SentinelV6.nif",
      "FilenameLow": "data/Models/Ships/SentinelV6/SentinelV6.nif",

pLODModel = App.g_kLODModelManager.Create(pStats["Name"])
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10,  15.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None,"_SPEC")
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  10, 300.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)

I believe i was told this by someone many moons ago (sorry person i don't remember who you were)

Offline shade_30

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 04:39:13 PM »
That would be me, and yes, the ship will disappear if you set the pLODModel lines wrong, or if they are missing. I can't remember ontop of my head which is which, but one sets at which distance the game should switch model (in this case, the model does not change, but you get the idea). If that line is missing, well the ships switches into nothingness and disappears.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:11 AM »
sorry dude my bad... but thank you none the less.

it was floating round my head for ages i just couldn't quite remember it lol.

so like i say

thank you  :bow:

Offline hobbs

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
hi again.

i have looked but cannot find if there is a "Hull status" display mod.

i have the shield percentage mod... but would like to know what my hull strength is.

wondered if any one knew of such a mod if not thats going on my list of scripts to try and write :D

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
hi again.

i have looked but cannot find if there is a "Hull status" display mod.

i have the shield percentage mod... but would like to know what my hull strength is.

wondered if any one knew of such a mod if not thats going on my list of scripts to try and write :D

http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?topic=3812.0
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
aha!  there it is!  i knew it had already been done by you, but i just couldnt find it on BCS lol

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »
It even took me 5 minutes of searching through the BCS forums. I suppose there are some more things like the hull integrity which are misplaced over there.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline hobbs

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
cheers, is there anything you havent done? lol

sorry i missed it (dumbass that i am i never thought of looking where  you do most of yours stuff)

Edit: i just used it cool little change (i could not imagine worf saying "captain, shields downt to 21%, Structural Integrity about this much less *holds thumb and fore finger apart by 5mm*")

but i actually meant the Hitpoints number. like when you scan an enemy ship you can see its shield strength (i know the hull on the enemy scan is a percentage, just realised as i was writing this) eg if your full hull strength/hitpoints was 20000 then you took 12% damage it would be a reading on tactical as 17600

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
cheers, is there anything you havent done? lol
used it cool little change (i could not imagine worf saying "captain, shields downt to 21%, Structural Integrity about this much less *holds thumb and fore finger apart by 5mm*")
but i actually meant the Hitpoints number. like when you scan an enemy ship you can see its shield strength (i know the hull on the enemy scan is a percentage, just realised as i was writing this) eg if your full hull strength/hitpoints was 20000 then you took 12% damage it would be a reading on tactical as 17600
Hmm, mite be harder to code 1%, 2%, 3%, etcetc {I dont know really mite turn out easy]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:15 PM »
the mod uss sov found for me basically changed the hull bar to a percent number like with the shield mod, so now when you get damaged it shows a percent you have left rather than a bar.

but my thought is that the percent number has to be derived from the hull number in the hp and that the number i wanted lol.