Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51830 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2010, 02:34:04 PM »
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
bones is this your pic and your account?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stofan34/4336063399/in/set-72157623331259860/

Thats what Ryles is on about Bones.
I'm lost now... who is Ryles ?

and as promised ingame shots :D

btw. underside of the saucer still lacks proper spotlight and some hull lines details on the inner rim also there will be new shuttle bay 1&2 texture (force field) and Limey is working on smoothing errors so expect that model will look much better ;)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
Shes sooo pretty, by far my favorite ship concept in a long time

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
progress, i will not show pics to keep some of the mod a surprise, but the constellation is complete, with AFT PHOTONS, i found out how to do it, now can we make a flak like projectile?
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
Great looking post connie bones, definitely a few cookies :D If you can get your modeller to fix the line on your nacelles, zz's connie will be great.

On another note, please DT or founders, get a private forum for you guys. We don't need to see the in's and out of this mod. You do not see it in other large mods, JLS DQP, KM1.1, STEX  saying to modders we need this etc.

Pics of the mod and progressin pics are al great, but basically having a msn convo between one another is extremely irrartating

~Jb

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2010, 01:20:16 AM »
Thank's JB I appreciate, the model is in good hands already ;) He have done wonders to Khaliban's Connie so expect the same here :)

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:01 AM »
I'm just surprised Khaliban's Connie wasn't designed with a Captain's Yacht, mounted beneath the saucer.   
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2010, 04:41:13 AM »
I guess mostly because all TMP ships had their sensors placed in the undersaucer dome, what's more they never thought about such advanced features back in 1970.

In this ship I can't really see suitable place for aeroshuttle or cpt. yacht as the dome serves as sensor dome like in TMP and in Cortez war refit it will be also rapid firing turret.

Just for an update, scripting is done, the ship is ingame and working properly, i'm now awaiting for model and improving HP ATM (there will be small surprise in it).

Some technicall details on Sobieski class :
Constitution class mark 4 refit - Sobieski subclass - deep space explorer
4x Saucer main heavy Type XIII phaser arrays, burst fire mode.
4x Secondary hull medium Type XIII phaser arrays, burst fire mode.
3x Quantum torpedo launchers 1x aft, 2x forward - each has reloads in 30 secs and can fire up to 2 torpedos per tube
Medium strenght Shield generator
Light hull platings
Ablative armor
Maximum warp speed - 9.85, optimal cruise speed - 7,5
Shuttle bay stores :
2x Type-11 shuttles
2x Type-9 shuttles
2x Type-6 shuttles
1x Venture scout shuttle

and technicals for Cortez :
Constitution class mark 4 war refit - Cortez subclass - Fire Support Cruiser
6x Saucer main heavy Type XIII phaser arrays, burst fire mode.
6x Secondary hull heavy Type XIII phaser arrays, burst fire mode.
12x light pulse phaser arrays - 6x starboard, 6x port - single fire / broadside salvo mode
5x Quantum torpedo launchers 3x aft, 2x forward - each has reloads in 30 secs and can fire up to 2 torpedos per tube, 1x rapid fire Advanced Quantum mk1 torpedo turret - can fire up to 4 torpedos
Heavy shield generator
heavy hull platings
Ablative armor
Maximum warp speed - 9.85, optimal cruise speed - 7,5
Shuttle bay stores :
3x Type-11 shuttles
4x Javelin / Peregrin fighters
1x Venture scout shuttle

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2010, 04:41:37 AM »
make some bussard collectors on the right and left. should be a quick job and would make it look much better then that thing on the top.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2010, 05:21:41 AM »
Cortez does have side bussards, I haven't thought about adding them to Sobieski but I'll slap then to it as well and see if it is better ;)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:17 AM »
I think you should leave the side bussards off the Sob. (unfortunate last name :P) just to give a greater sense of power to the Cortez.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2010, 06:32:05 AM »
I think you should leave the side bussards off the Sob. (unfortunate last name :P) just to give a greater sense of power to the Cortez.
Good thinking, I'll stick to it :P and it's S-O-B-I-E-S-K-I (foneticaly : s ou b i: e s k i ... more or less...) :funny

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »
It's time to roll out some heavy guns (armor in this case) I find this one much better than black armor ;) here's the Cortez...

Offline Dalek

« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
Oh, that is good. Having the little deflector crystal on the saucer as red makes it seem very evil. :P

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »
i gotta admit - im honestly not fond of black armor on ships; thats just my own personal taste tho...  usually ill just ignore it tho lol

can we see more shots of this ship you just posted? :)   one other curious question - will this one (non-black armor) have red impulse engines?  i noticed the other one is blue?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
The images Bones has just posted does have red impulse engines. The one he already has ingame (the Sobieski) has blue.

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
Aye the Sobieski is deep space explorer with prototype impulse drive ... ok that's cheap ... I just love that sky blue :P, Cortez is small beastie with sharp teeth and lots of tiny red addons like side bussards, impulse drive (impulse engine grille and dome). Basicly I want to make ship that have two natures, calm explorer with some decent means to defend itself and warship with really heavy armor and lots of weapons (and a weak spot)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »
The images Bones has just posted does have red impulse engines. The one he already has ingame (the Sobieski) has blue.
oh lol  im easily confused as you well know :P

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
Ya we know :funny too much weed ? :D

Offline Dalek

« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
Ya we know :funny too much weed ? :D

Shhh! Not while the kiddies are in! :P

And I'd make that red line around the bridge a lot thinner. It's screaming "SHOOT ME!".

- Lorien