Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51870 times)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #400 on: February 17, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
Yay, i love these, there is a variant without a weapons pod coming
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #401 on: February 17, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Indeed, I was also thinking about sensor pod variant ;)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #402 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »
It's basically a cheap Nebula now. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #403 on: February 18, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
Yeah you could say so, precisely it's just a refited Centaur (without weapons pod) and additional pods will fill the gap where Miranda class was.

I'm now remaping whole model (moving all those tiny textures into one 2048 map so it would be easier to retexture it.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #404 on: February 18, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »
I felt there is a need for lightened Sobieski/Cortez so here's what could be done with em' :D

Offline Dalek

« Reply #405 on: February 18, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »
Oh, I liketh that a lot. :)

Possible names:

Sobieski - Danysz (Polish Physicist who helped Maria Curie)
Cortez - Poniatowski (Polish Leader, General, Minister of War and Army Chief)

Thought they'd be fitting. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Wicked Zombie

• Get to da choppa!
  • Cookies: 1
  • Quality has a quantity all its own
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #406 on: February 18, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »
Impressive work, especially the Cortez. Surprising how big a difference a new coat of paint and some overhauling can make for those old junk-heaps.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #407 on: February 18, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »
I am trying to get as many blank regs in the pack as possible, Bones, are you releasing this separate from the rest of the pack, i have begun work on the Saratoga, I am using the zambie zan mosel and textures, while exploring photoshop, so it is in no way brand new
and bones, i have a Saladin planned, just no ship, that Utopia/Akula thing will work

Also Should i keep the Constitution class TOS, or just put in another ship (let the community anwser, i want them to tell me)

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #408 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:31 AM »
Impressive work, especially the Cortez. Surprising how big a difference a new coat of paint and some overhauling can make for those old junk-heaps.
Ah, without your 'junk-heaps' (the best TMP evo designs I've ever seen) these wouldn't be possible to make ;) I'm so glad you like them :)

Oh, I liketh that a lot. :)

Possible names:

Sobieski - Danysz (Polish Physicist who helped Maria Curie)
Cortez - Poniatowski (Polish Leader, General, Minister of War and Army Chief)

Noted. They'll fit like a glove :)

that Akulish vessel just got official name of Warsaw class (Warsaw is the capital of Poland)
Thought they'd be fitting. :)

I am trying to get as many blank regs in the pack as possible, Bones, are you releasing this separate from the rest of the pack, i have begun work on the Saratoga, I am using the zambie zan mosel and textures, while exploring photoshop, so it is in no way brand new
and bones, i have a Saladin planned, just no ship, that Utopia/Akula thing will work

Also Should i keep the Constitution class TOS, or just put in another ship (let the community anwser, i want them to tell me)
Dunno yet, we will see if the community want whole PDW pack released separately. If you're looking for slightly updated Mirande then I've made few years ago a reskin of ZZ Miranda pack Reliant (mostly updated speculars and replaced saucer textures) It's available at BCF as USS Brattain.

So far the PDW line counts 7 ships :
-Krakow class = Excelsior class evolution
-Cortez class = Constitution/Ambassador class crossover evolution (war-refit)
-Sobieski class = Constitution/Ambassador class crossover evolution
-Minotaur class = Centaur class evolution - no pod
-Cyklopes class = Minotaur with sensor pod attached
-Chimera class = Minotaur with weapons pod attached
-Warsaw class = Akula class evolution

btw. I've posted two variants of the Warsaw class, (different upper pylon) which one will be better ?

P.S. I've began creating new saucer textures for Krakow and Minotaur, as I mentioned I wasn't too fond of actual textures on these (too blured) so they'll be restyled to resemble Sobieski's style and color scheme

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #409 on: February 19, 2010, 07:48:38 AM »
second one

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2010, 06:08:16 AM »
Update : this time it's panneling details on Krakow and Minotaur class dorsal saucer.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2010, 09:31:31 AM »
Much better. :)

- Lorien

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
Hm Name ideas from my head-

Triumphant
Glory
Warstar
Dark Nebula
Defiance
Mandragon
T'pol
Saavik

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2010, 01:09:05 AM »
hm...
Minotaur sensor pod - USS Saavik
Minotaur weapons pod - USS Triumphant
Minotaur no pods - USS Minotaur
Warsaw - USS Defiance

I like these ;)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
Cool glad to help  :P

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »
for those of us that have the loose Krakow, are you gonna make the saucer texture available loose?

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
you mean blank texture set ? if yes then yeah there will be blanks set.

I hope to get back to the project even today so stay tuned for updates ;)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »
After quite busy week I have resumed works on Krakow re-retexture (reminder : this retexture purpose is to bring PDW Excelsior refit up to date with whole lot more detailing to textures) so here's my experiments on impulse drive ,I might revert central impulse drive back into main shuttlebay (Sorcerer class) also still I can't decide wheter to make them blue (side engines) or red (central engines palette), there's also pic of top deck area. Neck and Secondary hull are now being replaced (new textures are visible on pictures yet there's still much to be done in this field, pylons and nacelles are still the old ones.

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »
After quite busy week I have resumed works on Krakow re-retexture (reminder : this retexture purpose is to bring PDW Excelsior refit up to date with whole lot more detailing to textures) so here's my experiments on impulse drive ,I might revert central impulse drive back into main shuttlebay (Sorcerer class) also still I can't decide wheter to make them blue (side engines) or red (central engines palette), there's also pic of top deck area. Neck and Secondary hull are now being replaced (new textures are visible on pictures yet there's still much to be done in this field, pylons and nacelles are still the old ones.
Lol, Modder of the month again at the end of the March :funny Seriosly man, awesome! ;)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2010, 01:48:07 AM »
Thx Vlad ;) I've decided to completely redraw everything except for Saucer section on Krakow, will post pics later ;)