Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51838 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
btw, cool smileys :sam:
lol Sam - btw, the emoticon was not my idea... 

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
I would at least round it off just a little. Ideally, I' d chop it off and replace it with an Akira style weapons pod.
 :ot: I like the new smileys too  :samtarget: :drink:

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:36 PM »
how about a torpedo burst launcher (Akira pod) instead of the block, move the nacelles like this  : instead of this.
                                                                                                                                                       .
EDIT- put a dual torpedo tube like a futuristic Miranda pod

my faves :samtarget: (i don't like cats) :screw: lol :bluescreen: (we all hate it) :spam: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »
just as long as it doesn't have a big ugly square bar in between the hulls
Sorry for dissapointing you, but am I the onlyone who likes those hull in between the engineerings?
btw, cool smileys :sam:  :drool:

Perhaps if you adjust it so that it doesn't look like a malformed brick was glued between the engineering hulls, then it might get a better reaction.

Also, did you make those suggested changes I made for your TMP Proxima after I beta tested it? You said you would but you never showed anything of it after that.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2010, 08:05:19 PM »
poor sam...  he's only been a cuddly-wuddly-best-friend-of-mine for 8 years...  ya he is an orange tornado and a bitch (i dont understand where he possibly couls have gotten it from??  lol) but he is a good cat...  and a pretty cat...

anyway, ships and such...  i cant help but notice there is no USS Sam out there...   :P

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »
just as long as it doesn't have a big ugly square bar in between the hulls
Sorry for dissapointing you, but am I the onlyone who likes those hull in between the engineerings?
btw, cool smileys :sam:  :drool:

Perhaps if you adjust it so that it doesn't look like a malformed brick was glued between the engineering hulls, then it might get a better reaction.

Also, did you make those suggested changes I made for your TMP Proxima after I beta tested it? You said you would but you never showed anything of it after that.

I started and fixed the problems, that you showed me (but not 100% fixed), but the Proxima is still in .max file. But maybe, Ill do and better proxima, not in Rhino but in 3ds max :P Here some updates.
btw, for the suggestion to the hull in between the engeneering, If I make it to look not like glued, the ship will be very high poly :(
Jimmy, USS Sam is good name. Maybe your cat will have a ship on his name :P

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
add 3 phaser arrays to the top saucer, and 2 to the bottom also add a 3rd torp tube to the front

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
btw, for the suggestion to the hull in between the engeneering, If I make it to look not like glued, the ship will be very high poly :(

You mis-understood me.

I mean, because of the lack of any detail on the section between the engineering hulls, people are going to react negatively towards it.

'malformed brick glued between them' was just a metaphor I used to make you uderstand what I was saying.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:58 AM »
whats with the inflatable saucer?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »
whats with the inflatable saucer?
can't see any rubber here  :lostit:

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
I think he means "why does the saucer have rounded edges while the rest of the ship doesn't?"
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
How about now? Its looking a bit, Starcraft 2's battlecruiser :D Suggest what detail to add to the mesh :P Soon Ill start the phaser arcs :P

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
I would suggest to revert it back to hard edges (saucer too) and then replace 'bridge' connecting both engineering sections with large shuttle bay (SFC 2 Ark Royale carrier like) for launching fighters ;)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »
I think see a lot of segments in the saucer (The way it kind of ripples on the underside), would it be possible to see her "Naked"? As in, her wireframe? I don't mean to be rude, just thinking that some parts seem to have loads of polys that you could cut away and spend on either other sections or greebles.  :)

If that's not the case, then may I suggest you lower how much it smoothes to be just enough to mask the separate faces? The only other thing I can think of is you are using a plugin to smoothe it itself (Like Sub-Division does), which gives severe irregularities in meshes I've found (Unless they're absulotely perfect. Keep in mind I'm still learning, myself.)

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »
I converted the ship's saucer to editable poly, to fix several rude smooth errors, and now I cant reverse the saucer to its original state :( But still I think its more futuristic to be more smoothed :P

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »
As I don't have Max I can't help there (Lightwave is always editable..) While smooth CAN be futuristic, there is a point where it looks unrealistic and distorted, as displayed by the ventral of the saucer. When someone does manage to give you an answer, I'd highly suggest making the smoothing underneath a lot less obvious. That's just me, though.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
i agree with bones add the carrier bay, i don't get why we havn't got a Lionus screaming at this 4 nacelle killer :evil:

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »
The names are gonna be:
USS Armed and dangerous  NCC-1985-D, USS Sam ( I hope I made Jimmy's day :D) NCC-94256, USS Panic  NCC-94048, USS Anthrax  NCC-1981-E. On the bridge, Ive added pulse quantum launcher :P 2-3 phaser arcs remaining + side pulses

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »
ventral phasers, and phasers on the nacelle pylons

ADD the Carrier BAY

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2010, 04:45:13 PM »
ventral phasers, and phasers on the nacelle pylons

ADD the Carrier BAY

Carrie bay, I cant understand you, something like captain's yatch?
btw, I added docking doors and clamps.