Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51805 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #580 on: April 18, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »
I think the nacelles look fine. Good work Bones. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #581 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:48 AM »
Ok here's the deal, I've encountered something strange while attempting to fix smoothing errors...
here's what I did :
1) exported model to 3ds in milkshape 3d
2) regrouped about every part of the model with new smoothing groups (picture below)
3)exported model back to NIF

now here's the problem, although the model is smooth it lacks any specularity or ambience... when switching to smooth shade view in milkshape it's solid grey, while before that I was able to see the edges, same happens in game, model is smooth, textures are crisp but no matter what lighting each system set casts the model is always without any ambient lighting... no phaser flashes, no speculars... any suggestions ??? I'm really green in this matter :S

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #582 on: April 30, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
Ok here's the deal, I've encountered something strange while attempting to fix smoothing errors...
here's what I did :
1) exported model to 3ds in milkshape 3d
2) regrouped about every part of the model with new smoothing groups (picture below)
3)exported model back to NIF

now here's the problem, although the model is smooth it lacks any specularity or ambience... when switching to smooth shade view in milkshape it's solid grey, while before that I was able to see the edges, same happens in game, model is smooth, textures are crisp but no matter what lighting each system set casts the model is always without any ambient lighting... no phaser flashes, no speculars... any suggestions ??? I'm really green in this matter :S
Import the model in 3ds max, select it all and select the option "smooth" and give it something like "automatic" below and the model is smoothed :P

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #583 on: April 30, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
it's not smoothing I have problem with but the fact that model doesn't reflect any ambient lighting after exporting to 3ds :idk: model itself is clean...

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #584 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
it's not smoothing I have problem with but the fact that model doesn't reflect any ambient lighting after exporting to 3ds :idk: model itself is clean...
Remake the materials, or import the non-smoothed model in 3ds max and try this. Im sure it will work ;)

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »
Sweet refit of the Centaur. I wouldn't mind being her c.o. or x.o.
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »

Try changing the ambient, diffuse, specular and emissive values of the materials in Milkshape.

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

Try changing the ambient, diffuse, specular and emissive values of the materials in Milkshape.

you need to change emissive to black, as in ptch black RBG 0,0,0

Offline Captain_Licard

• [RETIRED]
  • Cookies: 12
  • Captain Tiberius Flynn
« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
After being asked to join MOS, i was given an assignment of making the STO Excalibur, she's not finished, and the deflector area needs work but here she is. She is by no means completed.
Star Trek Collision

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Damn in one day! nice!
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Captain_Licard

• [RETIRED]
  • Cookies: 12
  • Captain Tiberius Flynn
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »
Again, shes not finished, I still have alot of detail to make, also, when your at a conference and all your aloud to do is sit and wait for the actual attendee for the entire day, you tend to get alot done. Ive noticed the secondary hull doesn't have the triangular shape of the excalibur, im in the middle of getting the STO Demo so I plan on trying to get a good look at the actual model, possibly even a port. (if its legal)

BTW, I started at 6am
Star Trek Collision

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:33 AM »
Again, shes not finished, I still have alot of detail to make, also, when your at a conference and all your aloud to do is sit and wait for the actual attendee for the entire day, you tend to get alot done. Ive noticed the secondary hull doesn't have the triangular shape of the excalibur, im in the middle of getting the STO Demo so I plan on trying to get a good look at the actual model, possibly even a port. (if its legal)

BTW, I started at 6am

Porting STO models at this point...isnt possible :P

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2010, 03:11:12 AM »
Porting STO models at this point...isnt possible :P

It's possible, trust me, just not morally correct.

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2010, 04:00:11 AM »
It's possible, trust me, just not morally correct.

Then PM me and tell me how to ;)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
Then PM me and tell me how to ;)

I wouldn't advise that.

Found here: http://www.startrekonline.com/terms_of_service

11. Limitations on Your Use of the Service.

(a) Only Cryptic or its licensees have the right to host the Game. You may not host or provide matchmaking services for the Game, or intercept, emulate or redirect the proprietary communication protocols used by Cryptic in connection with the Game, regardless of the method used to do so. Such prohibited methods may include, but are not limited to, protocol emulation, reverse engineering, modifying the Game, adding unauthorized components to the Game, or using a packet sniffer while the Game is running.

(b) You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game; (ii) create or use cheats, bots, "mods," and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the Star Trek® Online experience; or (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines," or otherwise collects information from or through the Game.

19. Ownership and Restrictions on Use.

You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute Cryptic Marks, Game, Materials and/or other content or information available on or through the Site and/or in the Game in any way without our prior written permission.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
STO Models are crap, like stock bc
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:38 AM »
Well they kind of have to be considering the emphasis on fleet combat and the amount of ships/players on at a time.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
Not even close to stock BC, not even close. Please, do compare the stock Sovereign to STO's. :roll

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »
Not even close to stock BC, not even close. Please, do compare the stock Sovereign to STO's. :roll
QFT... one of the reasons I didn't get this game after beta expiration, models looked on par with SFC 2 or Armada 2 ... those are 2000 games while STO is 2010 ... 10 years and they didn't even bother to raise the quality :facepalm:

Offline EDD_7

• Cookies: 24
  • Also Known As Mr_7 :P
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
QFT... one of the reasons I didn't get this game after beta expiration, models looked on par with SFC 2 or Armada 2 ... those are 2000 games while STO is 2010 ... 10 years and they didn't even bother to raise the quality :facepalm:

Apparently some of the ships in STO aren't symmetrical when they should be be. There was promise in the early stages of development, but it didn't work out.

Anyway Nice start to the Excalibur (not the real Excalibur in my opinion) , but its needing alot more polys. Should be intresting to see how it turns out  :) good luck