Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51842 times)

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
Re: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships
« Reply #960 on: June 05, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
You are right dude! Modified as you said, the naccels are way better than before. Stil i haven't added the quantum torpedo turrent, but i'll add it later. It's very good idea, but now is too late, about 01:15 after midnight. Tommorow i have to get up early ;)
Guys, give me advices in what to transform the "thing" under the rear torpedo tube... impulse engine, shuttle bay or something else?

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #961 on: June 05, 2011, 07:29:08 PM »
First, the thing at the back needs to be a cargo by like on the excelsior class (but unlike the excelsior, the cargo bay will be on top of the engineering hull).
Second see my attached picture for what the nacelles need to look like.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #962 on: June 05, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »
First, the thing at the back needs to be a cargo by like on the excelsior class (but unlike the excelsior, the cargo bay will be on top of the engineering hull).
Second see my attached picture for what the nacelles need to look like.

actually that second pic if you curve the pylon similar to how it is on the Galaxy itself it would look better!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #963 on: June 05, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
Like this-

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #964 on: June 06, 2011, 02:15:13 AM »
Quick update! Now i think the naccels are better :)

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #965 on: June 06, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »
The pylons need to be swept foreward but other than that... Nice!

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #966 on: June 14, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
The pylons need to be swept foreward but other than that... Nice!

Agreed, or maybe a compromise of both,

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #967 on: October 13, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »
Many of you guys though that i have retired with unlimited period of time. i can assure you that this isn't true. Expect me to continue with my unfinished ships as soon as i have enough free time :) The MoS Team and my ships are nearly everything in my PC to me :) ... And still i have to make a new signature picture, which is without anything errored :D And the BC MoS link from the BCC's front page will be hidden until i'm back :)
Regards, Vladislav

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #968 on: October 14, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
don't forget the suggestion for the Trekie of Steel 2.0, either.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #969 on: October 20, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
I am up and running with a working PC, and looking at a brached project from the pack, deserting it all together for a simpler and more amazing project.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #970 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »
On the Second of December, Modders Of Steel team makes 2 years working together. So, me and all you guys of the team, with the help and advices of the rest of BC-Central's users WE MUST START MAKING ONE BIG CELEBRIAL PROJECT, because of OUR birthday! I think it will be great if it would be from the Post TNG era. We MUST create a ship with an unique design! After the ship is finished, we MUST make several other variants! The project starts RIGHT NOW! The deadline is second of December the next year. Except for Bridge Commander, I'll try to convert the ship for Legacy and Excalibur! I think this project will be the end of my BC modding career! I strongly believe that i will continue to mod the newer Star Trek games. This is not the end, it's just the beginning!

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #971 on: November 27, 2011, 04:26:42 AM »
Give some advices what can be done improving the NX91001. Maybe in the near future i can put her back in 3ds max for refiting :)

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #972 on: November 28, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »
Just put this as a rough idea but, I came up with an idea!
this ship would be a X era ship, it is the predecessor to the Ambassador and sucesser (kinda) to the early Excelsior and late refit Constitution class ships.
This is my 2 year anniversary idea, please comment!

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #973 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »
It is too ordinary. We need something with looking similar to the Ent F + saucer between sovereign and the prommie, very long (1.5km) and a bit narrow (500-600m) with short height (100-150m). Somekind of a small number of phasers, and torpedoes, but with many types of weapons. Phasers, Pulses, unique Quantums + pulse modified unique quantums. It MUST be something unique!

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #974 on: November 28, 2011, 10:15:34 AM »
It is too ordinary. We need something with looking similar to the Ent F + saucer between sovereign and the prommie, very long (1.5km) and a bit narrow (500-600m) with short height (100-150m). Somekind of a small number of phasers, and torpedoes, but with many types of weapons. Phasers, Pulses, unique Quantums + pulse modified unique quantums. It MUST be something unique!

A new tle vessel would certainly be unique other than the countless future concepts running around. Just a thought.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #975 on: November 28, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
And not making it a god ship. The ship should be believable.

Instead of beginning with drawing a full fledged ship, start with the basics. Think about how the Enterprise-E was in initial concept form. Start drawing flowing aerodynamic lines and your ship components should form from those lines. Draw a few different views to fully visualize your design. Then refine your shapes and create cleaner ship components- saucer, engineering hull, pylons, and nacelles.

In addition, think about the era and role you want your ship to be in (TMP, TNG, DS9, VOY, Post-Nem, Misc Future) (Explorer, Fighter, etc)
These will affect your ship design greatly. If possible, try to introduce some elements reminiscent of existing ship designs (don't copy exact components- make them unique for your ship).

Just some advice when coming up with an unique ship.  :)
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #976 on: November 28, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Thanks Willey, great advice! :thumbsup: When my inpsiration come i will take the pencil and the paper i'll try to scheme and draw something with clear shapes, cool design and etc ;) Thanks a lot :bow:

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #977 on: February 02, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Ha, funny, but yea, I started this thread, so I can post in it a few years later, right?

Just a few questions here. I know Vladko is working on Excalibur, but what did we actually finish? I know I worked on a Luna Refit and released that, and I know that we got the Cortez and it's sister ship (forgot the name) in game. I know all the 91001s were in the game. What actually got released? I know we had at least a few ships in the finished stage...
As soon as my new copy of BC comes in I am going to start working on something... I'm not sure what, but figuring out what is going to be fun. I may try my hand at modeling and get to work on the much needed New Orleans...

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #978 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
I couldn't find everything, but vladkos and your bcfiles developer -pages list a few:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/developer/Vladko1;29838
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/developer/deadthunder;31037

NX01
NX9001+
Proxima Refit
TMP Proxima Refit
PDW Proxima Refit
Post TNG Miranda
Prometheus Refit
STO Akira
STO LUNA
TNG Miranda

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #979 on: February 03, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
there were also some of those PDW ships I threw here :P

I can't go to bcfiles anymore (something about breakmedia policy towards european countries ...)  but all my ships should still be there ;)

Krakow class
Sobieski class
Minotaur and Cortez class were packed into DT's PDW ships pack

I don't remember if there were more cos I lost all my backups recently