Author Topic: early TNG bridge  (Read 4665 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: early TNG bridge
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
would you guys PLEASE rig these bridges to keep the camera OFF felix's back?  i have a hard time trying to use TMP styled bridges cause the view stays in the bottom left corner, and you can't see what your shooting at.

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »
ive already done a fix for that, i thought it was out there somewhere...  it is just a simple script tweak in the character's script, as far as how the camera zooms and to where...
ill upload that later, a fix to where hitting F2 while on the bridge to manually fire zooms forward to the viewscreen instead of at felix...
just give me a few days as ill moving into a new apartment in the city this weekend; but once i settle in, ill find the script and get it to ya...

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:21 AM »
*looks out the window for flying pigs and to see if it dropped below freezing in Purgatory*

this is a first for me...an admin that does more than wield the Banhammer and do maintenence!

*deletes pun to keep on topic*
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
this is a first for me...an admin that does more than wield the Banhammer and do maintenence!
heh youre relatively new here...  in my 8 years on the BC scene, i have been known to be useful here and there for things other than being forum staff :P

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 11:26:05 AM »
hmm, i wouldnt change those Lcars, maybe tweek them, but not replace them, it gives it an original feel but still retaining the early TNGness.....

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »
I see that the files are in good, experienced hands now ;)
Good luck in using those.

@JimmyB76
What am I stuck on? Basically on having completely no time to fiddle with lcars or anything related... :roll lots of RL issues.

PS:Nice bridge proposal there btw; love the 'cosy/warm' feel it has to it

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
mine?  :D well, these bridge ideas you have are pretty cool, maybe when i get the inferno done(new ship, go have a look at the image in my "my WIP's and ship designs thread...), you could help out on a bridge for it?, just asking, you dont have to XD

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
Have had a little free time and felt inspired to work on new TNG bridge.  Amazing how quickly can pick up Max again  :)  Still a WIP...using Topas' textures and FoAS's chairs. Still having probs getting anims to work (lifts and chairs) but hope have time to trial and error.   Any reasonable feedback re:  lcars, colour schemes welcome. 

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 05:49:16 PM »
this is great work!  :bow:

may i suggest? a captains console?
not the mediocre style they have on the Defiant Class but a substantial one with all the bridge stations (ed: from left to right a panel with Engineering, Tactical, Helm and Ops/Science) this would give the captain instant access to any information he/she needs.

Ignore the above if you didn't want to here modelling ideas.

the lcars should be similar to the ones i see on your screen-shots, and the colour scheme should be to my mind light. early TNG was a time of relative peace not the recent war times we saw in later times, ds9 or voyager.

just my thoughts. I'm looking forward to this... love new bridges :)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
this is great work!  :bow:

may i suggest? a captains console?
not the mediocre style they have on the Defiant Class but a substantial one with all the bridge stations (ed: from left to right a panel with Engineering, Tactical, Helm and Ops/Science) this would give the captain instant access to any information he/she needs.

Ignore the above if you didn't want to here modelling ideas.

the lcars should be similar to the ones i see on your screen-shots, and the colour scheme should be to my mind light. early TNG was a time of relative peace not the recent war times we saw in later times, ds9 or voyager.

just my thoughts. I'm looking forward to this... love new bridges :)

Good suggestions, though I'm not sure if captain console for this style of bridge.  Still, what do others think?  I think capcon generally good idea and if not for this, would work on other bridges.   

Agree about war/peace ideas also.  But remember the Ent B had a brownish colour scheme.  Anyone else thoughts on colour scheme?

Have chair and door anims working ingame.  Also trying Ent B-style lcars to see how that looks/feels. 

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 07:12:12 AM »
like the design of the ships hull, it seems that interior sets reflected the car interiors at the time they were made (Next G bridges were all tans and beige).  however, I just CAN'T see a Charcoal grey, black, and silver bridge scheme.  EWWW.

the problem is, there's not much in the way of Neutral colors other THAN the "beige" set and the "greys" set, and they're overused.  and almost any other color scheme is too Garish to stand.  it's gonna be a hard decision.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 10:35:12 AM »
like the design of the ships hull, it seems that interior sets reflected the car interiors at the time they were made (Next G bridges were all tans and beige).  however, I just CAN'T see a Charcoal grey, black, and silver bridge scheme.  EWWW.

the problem is, there's not much in the way of Neutral colors other THAN the "beige" set and the "greys" set, and they're overused.  and almost any other color scheme is too Garish to stand.  it's gonna be a hard decision.

Agree. Sometimes I've tried more unorthodox colors, and invariably the canon-ites tend to go 'ewww...that's not right'.   Thought DS9 was interesting for stretching the color palette.  Sometimes Defiant interior looked salmon-y, other times normal gray. Probably more set lighting than anything else.  And wasn't the Sao Paolo's trimmings purple? 

Anyway, here's Venture Bridge with TMP lcars and different carpets. 

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
its Interesting how colorchanges can change the bridge's era.  These two bridges look completely different, but indeed they are the same. Very good.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »
Agree. Sometimes I've tried more unorthodox colors, and invariably the canon-ites tend to go 'ewww...that's not right'.   Thought DS9 was interesting for stretching the color palette.  Sometimes Defiant interior looked salmon-y, other times normal gray. Probably more set lighting than anything else.  And wasn't the Sao Paolo's trimmings purple? 

Anyway, here's Venture Bridge with TMP lcars and different carpets. 

mabey try Pastels rather than intense colours.  as for what you DID use...*chuckle* looks exactly like what I'd automatically recolour a bridge.  my deco pallett runs to those colours.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »
how about paler colours like almost white greys and very pale white-blues?

would mirror external ship colours
 :D
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »
some ingame video

and more WIP pics on textures....

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
I love those chairs on the Venture bridge, I think that is what is making it feel different.

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »
Nice work... I am especially looking forward to both the Ambassador and Venture bridges. Finally someone has reworked those chairs way over due ;)
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »
Hi folks

After a looong time, I decided to try if I stil got it and make a BC retexture. As the original files are lost (Lurok has them, but it will take some time before I get them) I started a retexture form scratch. I'm almost half-way there, but have managed to make sth that fairly resembles the original from the first post in this topic. The noticable difference - this time I decided to put more fine wood there. After having watched TNG Season 1 I noticed it was used a lot, not only in starship interiors, but indoors (like Starfleet HQ etc.).

My BC install is not the most stable one, don't remember if I had this last year, but now I'm getting constant crashes (for instance when trying to go to red alert on this bridge....), so my work is interrupted, and slow...
Eventually I'll post some more shots in the time to come ;)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
very nice!!  :)
please keep going with it!  id love to see your take on a military-style and/or late ds9-era bridge retext on this!
and any crashes or drama from BC - please feel free to ask so we can try and help ya with that!