Author Topic: early TNG bridge  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: early TNG bridge
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
looks really good, I love that cosy feel to it ;) ... damn I still have some military styled bridges Jimmy ... just borrow some more time from the Maker so I can finish those :P

I'd love to go back to bridge modding soooo badly !!!

topas mate, if ya need any help, I can provide many textures ( mostly displays etc.)

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »
Dzi?ki, Bones, in advance ;) We'll see abou that. Time is the prime factor in my case too. I have a lot of work in RL, a 1-year old daughter, and a second one being awaited in February. Plus, the free time I get I try to spend on the main modding project of mine, which is meant for an other game. (a WW2 Polish mod) (much easier to be modded than BC btw, with a 6-year younger engine giving lots more of possibilities to be honest)

While Star Trek has been with me for the last 20 years, and probably will still be for the next to come, I will see this as a side-project.
So, maybe a slow-paced, but steady development, just for fun - no full time occupation for sure.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »
that's a little too much wood paneling, it wasn't quite that prominent on the show.  Also, some of these wood panels (the ones around the doors in particular) look quite large, too big to be made from a single piece of wood as they look now.  I suggest that you either break them up into smaller panels, or keep the wood detailing to a minimum.  Although it was used extensively on other sets, the only wood detailing on the Enterprise D's main bridge was the tactical rail and the computer access panels used during the first season.  If you want to use wood, I suggest putting it on the handrail.  The handrail used on the battle bridge during the first season was wooden.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:24 AM »
Lovely texture work, T,  and like wood effect. Always impressed with how you make your ingame bridges look good in screenshots.  Maybe I just need a better pc/gfx card  :)   First present promised myself.  In meantime,  as promised as soon as I get drives back I'll get original textures to you.

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »
Thanks for the comments

As for the wood, the turbolift area (as other larger wooden surfaces there) are not a single piece, but are made of smaller pieces, as on the screenshot with the viewscreen. It's just when you're farther away it gives an impression of being like this.

Originally I was doing an Ambassador bridge - now, we have Mr.Probert's Ambassador concept available, so I thought this may go well with it. As the name of the class says it's supposed to be a noble, elegant ship of diplomacy; fitting an admiral or commodore, hence the wood, even if it was not as extensively used in the series. (ST3 featured some Starfleet longue, or whatever it was, it had a looot of wood).

Anyway, for those who dislike wood in such quantity, a different version then ;)

PS: @Lurok -> thanks in advance, do take your time, I'm not in a hurry. Oh, and just went thru your thread - can't see anything wrong with pics there, good presentations and I don't see any visual difference. Maybe it's the subjectivity or modesty rather than pc-specs? ;)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
I really think you nailed the early-TNG look with the woodier version. It's got a very strong vibe of late-1970's office building, executive floors. IMO, that's PERFECT for the Lost Era, and perfect for Probert's Proto-Ambassador.

I really prefer the woody version. A potted Ficas plant in the corner beside the turbolift would perhaps be a step too far, but you never know! :p
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »
For an "early TNG bridge", I would love to see the TMP Connie chairs get replaced with the Galaxy class counterparts, and thus possibly replacing the forward console (helm/ops), with the Galaxy version. Just an idea.

Love the wooden version thou. Perhaps make the hand rails in wood as well?
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
Are those lights either side of viewscreen alert status indicators? If they are they are the most beautiful ones I've seen

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
Very nice all around.

Especially like the access panels above the work stations, nice touch. :thumbsup: