Author Topic: early TNG bridge  (Read 4663 times)

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
early TNG bridge
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
Hi all

Started another project; this time with the Ambassador class in mind.

It's absolutely non-canon; but the bridge set that came with the TV-show was sooo lame and fitting a low-budget fan film rather than a big-sized starship being a direct precedessor to the Galaxy class...

So..

A redress of the Ent-A bridge with a flair of early TNG;
Perhaps the Excelsior bridge would be more fitting due to the TNG helm consoles... Will experiment with that one too just to see what looks better; but wanted the rear wall to be like on the A

For now just a sort of teaser;

2days in the making so far;
LCARS are just placeholders
Need to work on the ceiling and do some minor fixes
Not animated yet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: early TNG bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
Looking great there mate, I see you've decided to dump few screens ;) this certainly makes this bridge much more unique.

I think Enterprise B bridge would be a bit bettr set for this one due to TNG helm/nav stations and MSD screen behind cpt. chair

Offline topas

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:43 PM »
Yes, this was the general idea; I did not want to spend my time on making sth that would be 'just another lcars'...dumped the top screens to resemble the design the rear stations on the D had

The thing with the Ent-B bridge is that it's not suited for use with WalkFx.. The back console behind the big chair disappears when you want to take your station there...
And I have chosen the A exactly because of the rear wall; wanted to dump the screens there and make it sort of like the sidewalls of the D-bridge [I think computer/memory core was located there, or somethin' like that]

Best solution for this particular idea to be 'as it should' would be an Ent-A bridge with Ent-D helm/nav consoles...  :dance

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »
very nice thus far! :D

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
Hey, it may not be canon but it certainly looks good :)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
i'm sold :) looks good with early tng lcars... and with lots of bridge stations makes it seem like a proper "working" starship if you know what i mean.

i like :) wish i could do bridges... ive always wanted one with an msd that shows shields and damage like the active console on some bridges but on an msd scale. (so that as captain you can see tactical info)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »
i like :) wish i could do bridges... ive always wanted one with an msd that shows shields and damage like the active console on some bridges but on an msd scale. (so that as captain you can see tactical info)
Well I doubt you would be able to make whole bridge on your own... unfortunately none of us can, but you can always get yourself any graphic editor and try some LCARS drawing tutorials and try editing furniture around the bridge ;) few days of practice and you'll be able to creat you very first redress :) ...well technicaly it won't be few days but it's worth tryin' mate ;)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »
any good programs you can think of? i have paint and gimp (not sure how to use the latter) and i have the tiniest budget you can imagine lol :funny
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
Gimp should be good enough altho Paint Shop Pro 8 is my personal fav ;) (you can get 60 days trial free)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
All my work was done with Paint.Net and a number of plugins obtained from their forum.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »
oh yeah I forgot paint.net, good one too and free ;)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
Well, there's always the Excelsior bridge if you want TNG style forward consoles.  :P

This looks nice though

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
I love it!

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline brandonj

• Cookies: 0
    • http://myspace.com/b_randonj_dawg
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 11:05:49 AM »
Oh, man, that's great!  I love it!  This is the kind of stuff we need for "generic" TNG era bridges!  And yeah, I think your mention of doing the same to the Excelsior bridge woud be AWESOME!  Keep it up!  This is great!  THANK YOU!!!
BrrrrrrrrandonJ

Offline topas

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:24 PM »
Anybody has knowledge of whereabouts of Lurok91 maybe?
Wanted to hand this project over to him to finish as he requested... Yet, he's been offline for the last 5 months...

If anyone wishes to get the sourcefiles for this and carry om, feel free to PM me ;)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
he said a few months ago that he would be gone for like 6 or more months...  im sure when he is back in town, he'll post here again...
what is it that youre stuck on?

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
Lurok91 was last logged on November 1st so maybe he back and that could mean bridges  :yay:

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
Lurok91 was last logged on November 1st so maybe he back and that could mean bridges  :yay:
Anyone can log in and check this website, but modding the game and/or providing assistance is a whole 'nother story...

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »
in either event, when lurok is back and has time for BC, im sure he will post again :)

in the meantime - topas, what is it youre stuck on?

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
More info on my own update thread, but re: Topas' bridge.  I loved work he'd done and contacted him about six months back to ask about using his work on future new bridges rather than let it go unused or languishing. But as he's now back here, I guess the bridge mod community can give him as much support and help as I can and hopefully he can get released as a bridge retexture.  At some point I'd quite like to do a whole new late-TMP/TNG bridge - maybe something like this bridge - but again more info on this on update.  Good luck, Topas  :)   His textures do look beautiful ingame.  Lot of care and attention.