Author Topic: Adjust Ship movement possible ?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline R-TEAM

• Cookies: 0
Adjust Ship movement possible ?
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »
Hi,

i like BC realy , and like KM too - a fantastic mod ...
But ....
I feel the battles in BC is more with fighters than with big slow turning ships...
Maybe i cant remember - but in the TV and in movie i have not seen battles
like in BC (except ST-XI .................)

It is a way to slow the turning and accelerate down ?
Maybe for few ships (defiant/BoP...) the actual settings nice .. but for a galaxy
class ship ..?

Regards
R-TEAM

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Adjust Ship movement possible ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:57:14 PM »
could you be more specific on what you don't like in Galaxy class ? is too maneuverable or it isn't ?

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
I don't see how the Galaxy is too maneuverable, in the show, we saw the D make very tight turns
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:40:17 AM »
I don't see how the Galaxy is too maneuverable, in the show, we saw the D make very tight turns
We saw the Enterprise spin outta control a few times but I don't think they went to overboard with it, it always seemed to move pretty slow, but reasonable to me. Anyways he's saying that the battles feel more like fighting with fighters than starships, and if he's talking about the KM Galaxy I can't say I disagree...that thing is just WAY to maneuverable.

@ R-TEAM, you're going to need to open the hardpoint. On a KM install this will be in your BC directory in the src/scripts/ships/hardpoints folder. Be aware that doing this will kill multiplayer capability. Open the Galaxy hardpoint and scroll down until you see the ImpulseEngines property. You'll see lines saying SetMaxAccel, SetMaxAngularAccel, SetMaxAngularVelocity, and SetMaxSpeed. You'll need to adjust those. Lowering the numbers will make the ship slower and/or less maneuverable. You'll probably need to play with them a bit. I personally use the settings in the SNS Galaxy hardpoints for any Galaxy-class I install, as they seem pretty realistic to me, but honestly the stock Galaxy's maneuverability isn't that far off either.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 05:51:25 AM »
We saw the Enterprise spin outta control a few times but I don't think they went to overboard with it, it always seemed to move pretty slow, but reasonable to me. Anyways he's saying that the battles feel more like fighting with fighters than starships, and if he's talking about the KM Galaxy I can't say I disagree...that thing is just WAY to maneuverable.

@ R-TEAM, you're going to need to open the hardpoint. On a KM install this will be in your BC directory in the src/scripts/ships/hardpoints folder. Be aware that doing this will kill multiplayer capability. Open the Galaxy hardpoint and scroll down until you see the ImpulseEngines property. You'll see lines saying SetMaxAccel, SetMaxAngularAccel, SetMaxAngularVelocity, and SetMaxSpeed. You'll need to adjust those. Lowering the numbers will make the ship slower and/or less maneuverable. You'll probably need to play with them a bit. I personally use the settings in the SNS Galaxy hardpoints for any Galaxy-class I install, as they seem pretty realistic to me, but honestly the stock Galaxy's maneuverability isn't that far off either.
Ah now it's clear, and got to admit i've toned down most ships meneuverability for my tastes as I felt the same after watching Sacrifice of Angels battle.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:42:55 AM »
I strongly suggest you use the MPE instead of notepad for hardpoint editing.
One little spelling error or you accident remove a character and fail to notice that you'll only end up with a BC that is crashing.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:37:48 AM »
and km  uses pyc not py
you can make a py with mpe, but then you can just edit the file

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »
All KM PY files are in the SRC folder deadthunder2_0....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
oh, didn't know that

Offline Morgan

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Samurai is correct if you're new to hardpointing use the MPE or BCUT, I personally use notepad for hardpoint balancing (I just find it easier in most circumstances) but I've been doing it that way on my own installs for years and I know exactly what I'm doing.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »
and km  uses pyc not py

MPE can open pyc files, you just have to type in the filename manually.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
and km  uses pyc not py

MPE can open pyc files, you just have to type in the filename manually.
Not necessary either way, as Neb said, the py files in KM are in the src folder.

Offline R-TEAM

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:09:15 PM »
Hi,

@All

The Galaxy class was ONLY a example ;)
Nearly all ships are way to maneuverable .....

@Nero

you get it ;)
The ships play in battles more like fighters (maybe big fighters ;) ) but NOT like big spaceships and sure not like StarTrek (cannon) ....

@Bones

he,he - yes - i LOVE HW SOA - have from this old mod fixed a couple of bugs,and
integrate the borg from the other mod StarTrek VS StarWars.
Still the best RTS in space with real 3D environment. (HomeWorld)
And the ships in SAO Fly real like StarTrek - THIS is cannon - not the fly in BC ....

for you an eyecandy:

Regards
R-TEAM