Author Topic: Curiosity About Starbase 12 Set  (Read 735 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Curiosity About Starbase 12 Set
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
Has anyone else ever noticed a second sun-like body near Starbase 12? I (crudely) circled it in the screenshot below. Whats interesting is that according to the systems PY files, that thing isn't there...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Curiosity About Starbase 12 Set
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
Easter egg so when you circle it you'll crash on 20th century earth :P j/k it is indeed strange or it is messed up script

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:48:40 PM »
First I've seen of it.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
I see that every now and then while using Galaxy charts.  it'll pop up in the middle of a planet.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:18 AM »
I see that every now and then while using Galaxy charts.  it'll pop up in the middle of a planet.

That is deliberate. It is there to give planets that atmosphere effect around them. If those -mini-suns- weren't there, the planets in BC would just be textured balls.

The one randomly placed in the Starbase 12 set though? I've had that since I first started using mods in BC. I tend to just ignore it.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 06:41:15 AM »
NanoFX atmospheres are suns placed inside the planet, so this could be result due to an error.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »
NanoFX atmospheres are suns placed inside the planet, so this could be result due to an error.
I have the same idea. I played another game and warped to SB12, noticed the sun wasn't there. I looked around and realized it was back inside the planet like it was supposed to be. Then I docked and the planet core was back to where it is in the screen shot. Obviously docking has something to do with it.

Thanks for the reply's guys. The error isn't something critical just curious as to what it was.