Author Topic: Baz1701 TWOK Ent bridge wip (NEW VIDEO)  (Read 6895 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Baz1701 TWOK Ent bridge WIP (feedback needed!)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »
New mapping to darker bridge.  Still few inevitable glitches but gives accurate feel/overview.  Ent1 is viewscreen from captains chair.  This is my favored default lighting - pre-red alert - but welcome any useful feedback based on ingame bridge.   Bones is changing some LCARs, and next stage is mapping red alert state and blue docking state.  Oh, and loading screen is Kobayashi Maru simulator (of course)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
The floor is way too dark, it's like it's absorbing all of the light.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
The floor is way too dark, it's like it's absorbing all of the light.

lol. was just in process of fixing that...but it is a dark bridge  :)

Offline feld

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Lol yeah I got helm nav console from flight manual for TMP set, I still have quite detailed but older helm/nav station that was intended for Sean's TEP Project (it has warp/impulse drive panel as well as coord input pad), duty rooster/ship status is apparently the old one from TEP project, I sent new one to Baz but I guess he missed this one ;)
here are pics of it

Actually, that Helm console's not quite what was on screen.  The "thruster control" panel on the console isn't there on screen.  That's where the "neural interface" used to be.  It's replaced with the panel that I linked to in my post above.  No name...bunch of white buttons and at least four glowing red "plus signs".

But other than that it looks spot on!!

v/r
feld

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but judging by the screenshot comparison on the first page, the chairs need to be scaled to about 75% of their current size. They look like thrones on the bridge. Otherwise, it's superb.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 08:44:12 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but judging by the screenshot comparison on the first page, the chairs need to be scaled to about 75% of their current size. They look like thrones on the bridge. Otherwise, it's superb.

I did a quick glance at it, and I agree. Down to 85% of current size at the very least, but right now, they're a bit on the big side.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline feld

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
The chairs might be why I was thinking that the screen was too short...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »
Lol yeah I got helm nav console from flight manual for TMP set, I still have quite detailed but older helm/nav station that was intended for Sean's TEP Project (it has warp/impulse drive panel as well as coord input pad), duty rooster/ship status is apparently the old one from TEP project, I sent new one to Baz but I guess he missed this one ;)
here are pics of it

Actually, that Helm console's not quite what was on screen.  The "thruster control" panel on the console isn't there on screen.  That's where the "neural interface" used to be.  It's replaced with the panel that I linked to in my post above.  No name...bunch of white buttons and at least four glowing red "plus signs".

But other than that it looks spot on!!

v/r
feld

aha I see it now, it seems my previous console was a little bit more canon than this one lol ;) I'll change it ASAP

you're being very helpful about this project, you have pointed out some really nice details on those displays, I'll try to fix most of them starting with nav/helm, as for now have a cookie ;)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 04:12:47 AM »
I'm happy to change anything that needs tweaking on the bridge to get it as right as posible.

if Lurok wants to alter anything thats cool by me and also I'm happy to try and alter anything within my ability.

I have past the Max file to Bones as well to aid his retexturing.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 04:27:51 AM »
aye, work's are going sooo much faster now :) I'm already working on floor texture

Offline feld

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:34 AM »
you're being very helpful about this project, you have pointed out some really nice details on those displays, I'll try to fix most of them starting with nav/helm, as for now have a cookie ;)

Great!  I'm glad to be of some service.  I wish I had the skills to help more directly ... but I can give you some pretty solid trek engineering guesses about "why things work on a starship".  Really loving this project guys!  She looks great!

v/r
feld

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 08:15:36 AM »
I'll take a crack at resizing chairs (relatively easy) and other minor tweaks and post pics.   When folks happy, will pass back to Baz for final sign-off (it is his bridge after all  :) )     And if Bones and Baz send me any texture changes I'll incorporate them. 

If darker bridge look gets the ok, I'll start on red alert mapping. 

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 09:04:01 AM »
The only thing I feel is need is to give some contrast between the wall and the stations. The wall should be lighter than the main station background and the station borders slightly darker still.

But forgot to fire a cookie your way for the work thus far. Dare I say it that BC will finally get its first TMP style with this one :)
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline feld

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »
New mapping to darker bridge.  Still few inevitable glitches but gives accurate feel/overview.  Ent1 is viewscreen from captains chair.  This is my favored default lighting - pre-red alert - but welcome any useful feedback based on ingame bridge.   Bones is changing some LCARs, and next stage is mapping red alert state and blue docking state.  Oh, and loading screen is Kobayashi Maru simulator (of course)
Lurok91,

I just noticed that the shape of the raised section of floor that the helm/nav console and captain's chair sit on is different in TWoK/TSfS from TMP.  These fan schematics are confirmed in the screenshots here and here.  Look around the area of the steps down from the upper ring deck.  I think that the Captain's chair platform in your model is the TMP version.

v/r
feld

p.s. stop me any time the nits get too picky...
EDIT:  added the p.s.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
Resized chairs to approximate size/body ratio as screenies, using medium as median.  Don't forget crew themselves are diff sizes lol.  Kept capt chair same size (wouldn't his/hers be business class?).   Still fiddling with relative ambient light/dark ratios, so as WIP not fixed and comments (on ingame images) still welcome  :)   Rails currently awol...

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »
Kept capt chair same size (wouldn't his/hers be business class?).
I'd expect the captain's chair on the bridge of my ship to be FIRST class lol  :D

Anyways I think this bridge is coming along nicely. I personally think the lighter look for green alert looked pretty canon to Wrath of Kahn around the beginning of the movie (when the ship was operating under normal conditions), but the darker look could work well for yellow alert.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »
I'd expect the captain's chair on the bridge of my ship to be FIRST class lol  :D

Anyways I think this bridge is coming along nicely. I personally think the lighter look for green alert looked pretty canon to Wrath of Kahn around the beginning of the movie (when the ship was operating under normal conditions), but the darker look could work well for yellow alert.

lol  :)   My thoughts too;  just wasn't sure whether people wanted to load into bridge at 'battle ready' state.   So if others agree it will be:   light/green, default;  dark/yellow alert;  red/obvious. 

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
It should be light for green alert(default state).  Also...possible to get a view from behind the captain's chair facing the viewscreen?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
possible to get a view from behind the captain's chair facing the viewscreen?

Offline spder15

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
I've noticed that the ceilling is flattened out but if you notice in "The Wrath of Kahn" it's rounded up. But anyway it looks awsome this is my most favorite bridge! :)