Author Topic: have a problem with the Arsenal Class Ship by CyAn1d3  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Capt Dino

• Cookies: 0
have a problem with the Arsenal Class Ship by CyAn1d3
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:03 AM »
before i tell you the problem CyAn1d3 referred me to Gmunoz for help so if any1 can contact him please ask him if he can post some help for this ship  :help: . now onto the problem. the gladiator support craft that came with the arsenal class doesn't seem to work for me. i have tryed the gladiator on it's own but it doesn't work. i select the gladiator for my ship and a stock shuttle as an enemy but when i click start the camera zooms out from the 1st officer (saffi unfortunately  :banghead: ) and shows the loading screen on the view screen but then stops before you hear the warp sounds of the ships entering and if i click on the crew nothing happens and if i hit spacebar to see the outside of the ship i stay in the bridge. can any1 help? 
i'm also harrierfan over at the BCS forums

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: have a problem with the Arsenal Class Ship by CyAn1d3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »
Cy said he hadn't got a couple things right with the Arsenal 2.0.  let me see if I get the same problem.

Edit: had no problems using the Gladiator on its own or from MVAM mode with Galaxy Charts off OR on.  it could be a glitch elsewhere in your install, as well.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:31:40 AM »
getting a console report while stuck in bridge mode would help...

Offline GMunoz

• Cookies: 139
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »
Try re-installing the Arsenal Mod.  Sounds like there is something wrong with the Gladiator's hardpoint file.

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »
i'll try redownloading the arsenal and seeing if that helps. i'll post back soon to give results

Edit: i'm using the V2 version of this ship but if i can't get it to work i'll just have to use the V1

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
hmm looks like i'll have to use the V1 arsenal class and gladiator. GMunoz shall i send you the arsenal file i have downloaded to you in a email so you can analyse the gladiator files

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
if you could post a console report when things stop working, it would tell you exactly what is going wrong...

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »
GMunz is right, it's probably a faulty hardpoint. IIRC this type of error doesn't show up in a console report.

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
if you could post a console report when things stop working, it would tell you exactly what is going wrong...

the game is still running and i can still walk around with walkFX but i can't use any of the officers and i can't view the outside of the ship.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
I practically live with odd faults in my primary install, and I saw nothing unusual.  Just the Usual "can't find blabla projectile"

Edit: that's a "missing script" freeze!  what was the opponent?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
If I were you Capt. Dino I'd follow JimmyB's suggestion and ignore everybody else. Namely this type of error IS actually visible on the console. Most likely we're dealing with some kind of a typo or a small oversight in the ship script. But to identify the cause of the problem a console report is required.

Edit:
I just downloaded the mod and took a quick look at the scripts, the problem is that the ship will work on KM installs but it won't work on custom installs. Whoever did the ship scripts for this mod needs to learn to use the default values found in the stock game. So depending if you have a custom install then this is the cause of your problems.

Code: [Select]
def GetShipStats():
kShipStats = {
"FilenameHigh": "data/Models/Ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"FilenameMed": "data/Models/Ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"FilenameLow": "data/Models/ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"Name": "USS Gladiator",
"HardpointFile": "Gladiator",
"DamageRadMod" : 0.75,
"DamageStrMod" : 0.75,
"Species": Multiplayer.SpeciesToShip.DEFIANT
}
return kShipStats

Defiant is a custom ship class not defined in the stock multiplayer scripts and will not work on my custom game installation or anyone elses for that matter.

To fix change Defiant to Galaxy or sovereign for example:
"Species": Multiplayer.SpeciesToShip.GALAXY
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
If I were you Capt. Dino I'd follow JimmyB's suggestion and ignore everybody else. Namely this type of error IS actually visible on the console. Most likely we're dealing with some kind of a typo or a small oversight in the ship script. But to identify the cause of the problem a console report is required.

Edit:
I just downloaded the mod and took a quick look at the scripts, the problem is that the ship will work on KM installs but it won't work on custom installs. Whoever did the ship scripts for this mod needs to learn to use the default values found in stock the game. So depending if you have a custom install then this is the cause of your problems.

def GetShipStats():
kShipStats = {
"FilenameHigh": "data/Models/Ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"FilenameMed": "data/Models/Ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"FilenameLow": "data/Models/ships/Arsenal/Gladiator/Gladiator.nif",
"Name": "USS Gladiator",
"HardpointFile": "Gladiator",
"DamageRadMod" : 0.75,
"DamageStrMod" : 0.75,
}
return kShipStats

Defiant is a custom ship class not defined in the stock multiplayer scripts and will not work on my custom game installation or anyone elses for that matter.

To fix change Defiant to Galaxy or sovereign for example:
"Species": Multiplayer.SpeciesToShip.GALAXY

what file do i need to look for in the download to find the file i need to edit? and is there any special software i need to open it?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
look for the py file for the ship, located in your scripts/ships folder of your BC directory (where you installed BC)...
you can use notepad to edit the script...  delete the pyc file after you change where USS Sovereign pointed out...

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Edit gladiator.py in the directory which jimmy pointed out.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »
thanks for the help sovy. it works now. :yay: