Author Topic: The next Bridge Plugin module - BP Uniforms - Beta soon!  (Read 18641 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
The next Bridge Plugin module - BP Uniforms - Beta soon!
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 01:29:08 PM »
lol - interesting poll!
"Public or Closed Beta?"
* yes or    
*no
  :P

i would suggest a closed beta also, for the same reasons mark mentioned...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »
Quote from: JimmyB76
lol - interesting poll!
"Public or Closed Beta?"
* yes or    
*no

Duh :roll:

If an admin or webmaster could change the yes to public and no to closed?

[EDIT] Thanks, who ever changed it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Revan999

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 05:13:57 PM »
I personaly believe it should be an open beta and you guys should not pay the foolish people any mind.
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 11:47:13 AM »
Ok, if I remember correctly, the poll is closed now.

It would seem people prefer an open beta, but they only have a small majority. I think a semi open will be best.

This is not the start of the beta, I'm still waiting for permission from Blackrook.
I don't suppose anyone has an uniform pack or 2 lying about? That also has SP uniforms?

There will be a couple of rules for the beta:
  • Download at your own risk!
  • Do not redistribute or link the download!
  • You must be able to handle with BSODs! And I don't mean reinstalling. You must provide a console report (if there is one).
  • No nagging!
  • No demands!
  • You need to be able to start and play SP, I don't mean you need to finnish SP, you just need to be able to play it.

To prove that you can, you need to get me a screenshot of the first mission in the starbase system, in tactical mode, with Picards menu on (F6)
  • You need to complete a set of cases and report the results back to me
  • You need to be able to follow instructions like:
You must copy the contents of the Bodies and Heads directories to the, included, corresponding directory of the uniform
[/list:u]

Lastly, the first 20 people (not 3E or associates, they can get it directly) who reply here, and who follow the rules mentioned above (check SP first!), will get the download link when the beta starts with the instructions for the beta.
And they need to reply back here when the instructions are completed.

Users in the beta (do not bother them to get the beta!):
  • Jimmy
  • Cpt. Hooker
  • Shinzon - pending screenshot confirmation
  • Adonis
  • Elminster
  • USS Sovereign[/list:u]

[EDIT] If you want to release an uniform soon after the release of BP Uniforms, also put your name up for Beta.
    It would be a shame if there wouldn't be any uniforms after the release.;)
    Uniform designers don't need to check SP.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »
im up for it!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 04:31:25 PM »
i'll be happy to help any way i can :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
Something I just thought of, I don't suppose you could get me a screenshot of the first mission in the starbase system in tactical view with Picards menu on (F6 if memory serves me right)?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 06:31:43 PM »
is this what you mean?

(i had to turn off practically all the mutators just to get SP to load... lol  i have no clue what actually works with SP...)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »
Well, then you have the same problem as me. Not being able to properly run SP. :(

Also, try imageshack.us for the image.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »
Quote from: MLeo
Well, then you have the same problem as me. Not being able to properly run SP. :(

tho i havent played SP in years (literally), it seems i can run it, i just have to turn off all but a few mutators...
tho i do not mind at all making a fresh install, just for SP use...  lemme know :)

Also, try imageshack.us for the image.

ya this is true...  i was actually going to use a photobucket link (so you can click on the pic to enlarge), but i just uploaded the image instead...
i'll use a link from now on...

but in either event, was this the screenshot you were looking for?  if not, i can grab another...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 06:43:34 PM »
Quote from: JimmyB76
tho i havent played SP in years (literally), it seems i can run it, i just have to turn off all but a few mutators...

As I said, the same problem as I'm having.

ya this is true...  i was actually going to use a photobucket link (so you can click on the pic to enlarge), but i just uploaded the image instead...
i'll use a link from now on...

Imageshack allows you that as well.;)

but in either event, was this the screenshot you were looking for?  if not, i can grab another...

That also proves it, just as hard to recreate in the console.;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2006, 02:37:45 PM »
I've decided to also 2 of BlackRooks uniforms in the Beta, there have been several people (including me) that have been trying to contact him about permission. But I'm just going to put them with the beta.
You will have to download the uniforms for them anyway.

Come to think of it, I've released mutator versions of his uniforms in the past, with permission.

Also, if you are planning on releasing an uniform soon, also put your name up (atleast, if you have BP Core installed that is).
It would be a shame if there weren't any uniforms to use when this gets out, don't you think?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2006, 02:41:45 PM »
I've decided to also 2 of BlackRooks uniforms in the Beta, there have been several people (including me) that have been trying to contact him about permission. But I'm just going to put them with the beta.
You will have to download the uniforms for them anyway.

Come to think of it, I've released mutator versions of his uniforms in the past, with permission.

Also, if you are planning on releasing an uniform soon, also put your name up (atleast, if you have BP Core installed that is).
It would be a shame if there weren't any uniforms to use when this gets out, don't you think?

I'll try and get hold of him via email, if you've already got permission and there's a credit, I would think that'd be ok.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2006, 02:55:03 PM »
Quote from: Elminster
I'll try and get hold of him via email, if you've already got permission and there's a credit, I would think that'd be ok.

Your one of the people that I was refering to.:)

I don't have his permission for this release. I did have his permission for mutator versions.

To be honest, I don't think he would mind a lot, he is going to get credit for his work, and it's currently only for the beta.
I do plan a more elaborate/advanced uniform "pack" for his total conversions later.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »
I've updated the first post, the todo list section.

Just started work on a file that will automagicly add BlackRooks uniform total conversions (using the TotalConversionUniform class).

But I've found a little problem for a part of the system that I consider rather straight forward and foolproof.
The system allows you to define the directory in Characters to find the info (and a couple of other stuff) and assumes that everything is there, and simply copies the default uniforms and updates the path to the nifs and textures accordingly.
Now, if there are any other stuff that needs taken care of, that does not involve textures or nifs (or if it requires a diffrent filename while other characters aren't affected) then you need to define that in a similar manner of a normal explicit uniform.
It simply updates the constructed character configuration with the customized part and be done with it.
This is the part that gives me an error.

It's a good thing I tried to make this file before the release (or even beta).

I do not plan on putting this with the Beta, but I'm considering it for the final release, depending if I get permission from BlackRook (for this I will ask and wait for permission).

Not all the kinks have been worked out so far, but they will be.;)

The BlackRook uniforms I plan on converting this way are:
AGT
1701-C
NX-01
DS9-VOY
TMP
TNG Season 1-2
And the TNG Season 1-2 addon.
This shall be a diffrent class, called DependUponUniform(Def) and it will allow you to have 2 options active, but also either one, but not in combination with a third uniform.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2006, 01:29:26 PM »
so is there anything that i should do to confirm that im a beta-tester?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »
Quote from: Shinzon
so is there anything that i should do to confirm that im a beta-tester?

As I mentioned, you need to post a screenshot of you being in SP.

Something that can't be reproduced easily (through the console or otherwise).

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 02:28:12 PM »
A small success.

Too bad the other characters _didn't_ change their uniforms. :cry:
I had to disable mod in SP to get it to work as well.:(
I think that's the reason why they didn't change.

Picard did change because of the things I had to do to make uniform swapping to work for Picard, Data and the Vulcan dimplomat Saalek.

I may just have to the same for the rest, but I'm not really planning it, I like my way more, less overrides.

MYar

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »
Will you also be including the TOS uniform package released not long ago?
BTW looking forward to this mod.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2006, 02:26:59 PM »
You will have to point me to that.

Also, do you mean for the Beta or the final package?

Because I don't plan to include uniforms, but I do plan on simultanious releases, if possible.