Author Topic: BRIDGE PACK VIDEO PREVIEW + new bridges  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
BRIDGE PACK VIDEO PREVIEW + new bridges
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
still a few to do (Type7, Venture...and then Delta Flyer  :banghead:) but last shuttle interior for now.  SC4 - Janeway's future shuttle from Voyager  finale episode 'Endgame'.   Variant of Type9.  As always, tried to match as closely as possible to screencaps, and where no further information have taken artistic license.  So this is my best take.   Unlike other shuttle interiors, I've made this solo-player only (as the Venture will be), so ALL BC crew are outside ship.   To compensate, I've made this bridge WalkFX capable (unlike the Type9) and will have red alert lights.   Will send to select beta testers and release as standalone bridge (as probably not enough demand to validate in shuttle pack).   Runabout and Shuttle Bridge Packs completed and will be uploaded for DJ's Christmas Release.

This is last bridge mod for now but hopefully more in new year... :)

EDIT: video preview of shuttle bridge pack for anyone who's not tested.  My KM1.0 runs in widescreen, so ships (all canon) correct aspect ratio but bridges slightly stretched (apparently common KM problem).  Sorry no captions, but shuttles in more or less timeframe order:  ST5 Galileo, TNG Type 6, Early DS9 Runabout,  Voyager Type 8 & 9, Late DS9 Runabout, Admiral Janeway's future timeline SC4.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: last shuttle bridge - SC4
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
Wow! Crisp, clean, beautiful! Looking forward to this more than ever!

I sent you a PM a while back, hope you saw it.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:36:23 AM »
Very nice indeed Lurok  :D

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:56:49 AM »
Awesome man ! cookied  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »
Awesome man ! cookied  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks Bones  :)  Nice to see you back. Really pleased with some of work on this as few existing examples to go on despite some good screencaps from Endgame.  Fortunately the great Adge Cutler had done the SC4 pilot interface so used that as a template. Really enjoyed making the central monitor lcar from scratch, and the blue hexagon panels.  If there's good feedback to this one, might try and resize T9...

EDIT: ok, bit the bullet and resized T9 to allow walkfx.  Figured bound to be some people who'd go "wah, I want to walk around bridge"  even though it's tiny (as per canon)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:55:12 AM »
one word WHOA :D :dance
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »
Wicked stuff there, bud!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
EDIT: ok, bit the bullet and resized T9 to allow walkfx.  Figured bound to be some people who'd go "wah, I want to walk around bridge"  even though it's tiny (as per canon)
thats awesome you did that!!  :D
no doubt there would have been those whiners out there who might have complained and moaned about it lol
this way here, you've already shut them up before they started bitching  lol :)

*cookied*

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
Hey, I could've been one of those whiners. :(  :funny

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »
heh doubtful - you know much better than that  :evil:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
thats awesome you did that!!  :D
no doubt there would have been those whiners out there who might have complained and moaned about it lol
this way here, you've already shut them up before they started bitching  lol :)

*cookied*

As always, in awe of your perspicacity  :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
i aim to please :)
lol :P

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »
still a few to do (Type7, Venture...and then Delta Flyer  :banghead:) but last shuttle interior for now.  SC4 - Janeway's future shuttle from Voyager  finale episode 'Endgame'.   Variant of Type9.  As always, tried to match as closely as possible to screencaps, and where no further information have taken artistic license.  So this is my best take.   Unlike other shuttle interiors, I've made this solo-player only (as the Venture will be), so ALL BC crew are outside ship.   To compensate, I've made this bridge WalkFX capable (unlike the Type9) and will have red alert lights.   Will send to select beta testers and release as standalone bridge (as probably not enough demand to validate in shuttle pack).   Runabout and Shuttle Bridge Packs completed and will be uploaded for DJ's Christmas Release.

This is last bridge mod for now but hopefully more in new year... :)

Very impressive work, as always Lurok. I'll be looking forward to your releases. :)

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »
Are you releasing both size variants, or just the large one? I'd have been happy with the freefloat option in WalkFX, tbh :P
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
Are you releasing both size variants, or just the large one? I'd have been happy with the freefloat option in WalkFX, tbh :P

The official release will be this new larger WalkFX version.  The interior really isn't that much bigger than beta - honest  :) - just big enough to allow walking in,  coz as Jimmy said there would have been those who'd want to.  In fact it's so small if you walk too far you'll end up freefloating outside model anyway  :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
coz as Jimmy said there would have been those who'd want to.
it is better to shut up the whiners before they have a chance to bitch, as much as humanly possible  lol
you'll never win, of course, every modder knows there will be at least one person to bitch about minuscule shit lol
but to shut them up before they have a chance to complain - thats what makes an excellent modder :D

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
it is better to shut up the whiners before they have a chance to bitch, as much as humanly possible  lol
you'll never win, of course, every modder knows there will be at least one person to bitch about minuscule shit lol
but to shut them up before they have a chance to complain - thats what makes an excellent modder :D

YAY JIMMY! LOL

Lurok, I envy you...no really I do, I wish I could model interiors like that :( Unfortunately I'm only learning LOL.  This is excellent work! :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
Re: Last shuttle bridge (SC4) + BRIDGE PACK VIDEO PREVIEW
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
Really great work but I can't use them all at the same time  :bitch: Looking forward to them besides I'm not done using the Klingon Bridge yet.. :funny
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »
Seen preview of Villain's Runabout rear section WIP and looking good.  Layout is science version as schematic below.  We'll obviously have to adjust the cockpit-to-rear connecting compartment for early and late versions.   In early  versions, it's the head,  and later models the transporter bay (so I guess head moves elsewhere?)   And door access different.  Ho hum.  But all to be sorted out.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »
Maybe they're supposed to use the transporter pad for head duty? Then beam it into space? :hithead: