Author Topic: Star Trek V Bridge_Textures WIP  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
Re: Star Trek V Bridge_Textures WIP
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 05:34:55 AM »
Sorry for double posting, but there is an important update: the basic textures are complete! Now I have to wait for Bones' panels (there is no hurry, Bones: take your time :) ), then proceed with lightmaps.

The turbolifts need some minor adjustments, but the base is done. In the last screenshot you can see the lights set for the red alert status, but maybe I'll add the Self-Illuminations also to pylons' lights. There will be a textures switch, as in Baz1701's TWOK Bridge. These very dark textures are from the scene of the klingons trying to fire on the shuttle, when Jim uses the "Plain B, B as Barrier" (don't know if it is the exact translation, but in the italian version Kirk says that).

Enjoy!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 06:00:16 AM »
I'm doing fine, already have 11 displays (to have it as canon as possible I need 16 ;) )

Offline Picky

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »
You are very fast! There will be animation in 5 frames or we will have the red-alert version?

Little update: textures corrected, now they are whiter and not so yellow-cream as they were before. I'm working with lights: the blue glow of the viewscreen will definately be a lightmap, but I have to understand how build a linear light-origin (maybe a photometric light?). The pylons have now their indipendent light. In the last screenshots you see the red alert version (still a lot to do...).

Enjoy and Happy New Year :) !

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »
Very clean guys!  Keep it up.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
I think that red alert state might end up being a bit too dark ingame.  Compare with TWOK or NX-PDW  wip

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,7410.60.html

But this will be a learning curve, and it's good to trial and experiment.  If that's look you want, then fine.   You're making great progress and keep on with good work  :)

There will be animation in 5 frames or we will have the red-alert version?

Little update: textures corrected, now they are whiter and not so yellow-cream as they were before. I'm working with lights: the blue glow of the viewscreen will definately be a lightmap, but I have to understand how build a linear light-origin (maybe a photometric light?). The pylons have now their indipendent light. In the last screenshots you see the red alert version (still a lot to do...).

Baz and I have been using the .ifl animation method which unfortunately makes animation/red alert switching impractical at present. You have to decide whether to go with all animation; no anim but red alert switch (which I suspect won't be popular) ; or combo like the Nova bridge (most stations animated, but one or two not animated and kept for red alert switch)

Re: blue glow around viewscreen.  Not sure what Bones would advise, but I think you're making too much work for yourself  :).  Best to create as graphic rather than lighting, especially if want to animate screen.   Here's the viewscreen I made: simple photoshop job.  Not perfect but does job...

EDIT:  thanks Bones  :)  I'll assume Picky seen pic so have removed...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »
this is exactly what i would suggest, it's perfect as it is now :D

Offline Picky

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »
I think that red alert state might end up being a bit too dark ingame

Yes, it is possible, but if you look at the shuttle scene, you will see that the whole bridge is totally dark (only the pylons' lights are on). I'll do some trials and I'll see what happens.

Blue glow: you are right :) ! I've done it as graphic and the result is, in my opinion, very good (see pictures below). The frame hasn't yet the blue glow, but I like as it is now, so maybe I'll add a separate texture to use if you want the blue also there.
Oh, and nice retexture! Maybe a bit psychedelic, but very original!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »
I'm gonna restart works on displays as the parties and aftermaths are over ;)

This looks simply STUNNING  :bow: :bow: :bow: cookie !

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
indeed - very nice!  :thumbsup:
i never did care much for the movie, but ill definitely include this bridge in my BC install  :)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
Bones, you're great! I love the way you see a bridge being made and just sort of go to work!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!