Author Topic: Star Trek V Bridge_Textures WIP  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
Star Trek V Bridge_Textures WIP
« on: December 22, 2010, 07:46:48 AM »
This will be probably released as a model to animate because I'm actually not able to create animations or scripts (with my TWOK bridge I learned something, but not enough to build a full working bridge). I know we cannot ask anything to the modders, but if some of the expert ones as Lurok or Baz1701 will give life to this bridge, I will be happy ;) ! Also, if Bones wants, he can fell free to build some panel for this bridge, IF HE WANTS  :) !
Once this model will be complete, should be easy also to convert it in the Undiscovered Country bridge, the excelsior bridge, all the TMP ones which use that model as base. I know we already have good versions of these bridges, and The 3rd Era Team did a fantastic job, but maybe we can apply our new knowledges (correct spelling?) in modding to improve also the bridges we have: so no offense to 3rd Era Team :D !

Here I have a few screenshots of the bridge model,  this time I'll save it on three different PCs...

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Star Trek V Bridge_Model WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »
As folks know, I'm taking a break from bridge modding and as when/if return chances are will probably want to continue with own projects. But...I'm sure Baz and I between us can provide you and others with knowledge.   I started off  just retexturing existing bridges, and only  began Max modelling late 2008 (with Rotarran bridge).  Had a year off abroad and didn't get that bridge ingame until earlier this year.  I don't have any graphics background - just a fan, and a creative tech nerd - so as long as you have patience to complete models and can get hold of Max 3.1 (essential) I'm sure Baz or I could guide you through proces - or write up a tutorial.    Good luck  :)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
I'll second Luroks statement. I'll help where I can. But Max 3 is a essential or back to 5 and someone who has max 3 asked nicely.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
This will be probably released as a model to animate because I'm actually not able to create animations or scripts (with my TWOK bridge I learned something, but not enough to build a full working bridge). I know we cannot ask anything to the modders, but if some of the expert ones as Lurok or Baz1701 will give life to this bridge, I will be happy ;) ! Also, if Bones wants, he can fell free to build some panel for this bridge, IF HE WANTS  :) !
Once this model will be complete, should be easy also to convert it in the Undiscovered Country bridge, the excelsior bridge, all the TMP ones which use that model as base. I know we already have good versions of these bridges, and The 3rd Era Team did a fantastic job, but maybe we can apply our new knowledges (correct spelling?) in modding to improve also the bridges we have: so no offense to 3rd Era Team :D !

Here I have a few screenshots of the bridge model,  this time I'll save it on three different PCs...
Hey mate ! glad to see you back ;)

of course I'm interested, I'll gather some screencaps and reference ;)

Offline Picky

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
Thank you Bones! I already have a LOT of screencaps, all from Trekcore (I have 125 images  :lostit: )
Lurok and Baz: you are right in taking a break, I would make the same. Really thank you for the help you are offering, but there is a little obstacle: I don't have Max 3 and I don't know where to find it  :( . Now I will concentrate on the model and the textures, when it will be finished, I will think to a solution (maybe searching in all italian's computer's shops!)

Scripting should not be so difficult: there are lots of bridges and maybe copying the pattern will be enough, but the problem are  the animations without using Max 3: I don't think it is possible.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »
I will convert it to a usable Nif when it is done and you are free to use my Twok animations. Just use Luroks crew moving tutorial and before you know you will have a working bridge.

Offline Picky

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »
Just use Luroks crew moving tutorial and before you know you will have a working bridge
It seems easier, now  :)

Little update: chairs complete and capt. chair build, I add a lot of detailes that in the original ones were in the textures. I also adjusted the front consolle. The most difficult part was to bend the arms of the crew chairs.

Offline Picky

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 08:15:27 AM »
Sorry for double post, I have updates:
Captain chair finished, now the saddle (correct word? It is the part on which you lean back) is bent.
The first parts of the walls are done: the lighted ring and the padding.
I made the depression in the center of the bridge a little less deep and then I adjusted the front-consolle's platform.
The wall for the screen is done.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »
Looking good

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
it just occurred to me - Sean did all the models for all the Star Trek bridges, but never released them (as far as i know)...
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,25.0.html
perhaps someone should recommend he release what he has done thus far so people can take them further lol

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »
Dude, those chairs are fantastic!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
it just occurred to me - Sean did all the models for all the Star Trek bridges, but never released them (as far as i know)...
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,25.0.html
perhaps someone should recommend he release what he has done thus far so people can take them further lol

The Stargazer Bridge is my mesh but i'm not sure if I transferred it when I got a new laptop, I shall have to check

Offline baz1701

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
If you can't find it I already have planes to kitbash my bridge in to a stargazer as well.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
The Stargazer Bridge is my mesh but i'm not sure if I transferred it when I got a new laptop, I shall have to check
oooh youre right - i forgot about that...
well, hopefully you still have it kicking around somewhere :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »
At the risk of us hijacking poor ol' Picky's thread,   Sean linked me to a bunch of his wip stuff, including his Ent bridges - and sure Stargazer is one of them. 

Offline Picky

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
Ahah, don't be afraid! You can use my thread to discuss the other bridge's models... So I will not double post  :funny !
Yes, that Stargazer model is really nice. Sean's bridges are famous: if I remember well, they were the first attempt to build a TWOK bridge, at those time I was only a guest and hadn't an account here.

"Little" update: the walls are done, I adjusted also the trim ring (the lighted one, near the floor).
But there is a little problem for what concerns canon-ity: in the movie we never see the roof, but in a lot of screencaps we see a blue light coming from the upper wall. In my opinion, the roof as to be divided in two parts: one ring with the blue lights that goes all around the bridge, and a white circle inside of that ring. What do you think?

Here the update:

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
centre of the ceiling should be white while outer rim should lit blue, also I would go for some artistic license and make the ceiling the same as in TMP/TWOK bridge instead of making it same as in ST6 ;)
so far it looks awesome :) keep it up mate :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 02:15:08 AM »
centre of the ceiling should be white while outer rim should lit blue, also I would go for some artistic license and make the ceiling the same as in TMP/TWOK bridge instead of making it same as in ST6 ;)
so far it looks awesome :) keep it up mate :thumbsup:

I quite like that ceiling idea as this is kind of a missing link bridge.  Although clearly new Ent-A bridge,  has features neither TWOK or TUC bridges have.  Not ashamed to admit this is my guilty pleasure Trek movie  :facepalm:

I thought this guy did quite a nice retexture to movie look (though I've tweaked  mine to have blue ring around screen  and one around ceiling)
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/ST5_EntA_Bridge;47210

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
I thought this guy did quite a nice retexture to movie look (though I've tweaked  mine to have blue ring around screen  and one around ceiling)
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/ST5_EntA_Bridge;47210

thank you :) my very first bridge retexture...

I always had a soft spot for ST5 Enterprise interiors while ST5 bridge is my second fav TMP bridge :)

Offline Picky

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 07:56:33 AM »
That was your retexture? I always liked it a lot  :) , but the model of ST V is a little different. For the roof, I found a solution: in one screencap we can see the lights scheme from the reflection on Sulu's station. I will build it today, so wait for updates!

Current status: first part of the roof done, consolle's walls complete.
To do: turbolifts, door and walls of the turbolifts
          roof
          railing