Author Topic: Luna-class Starship - Another Update  (Read 16704 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Luna-class Starship
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »
Hey CR if you willing for another challenge you could do the mirror universe version by the same guy

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26365927/?qo=122&q=by%3Astourangeau&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

Offline mayhemuk

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
I do like the warp nacelles more on this version, and i have always thought it was one evil looking design, it helped me get used to the normal titan and to start liking her.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »
hey Kori i love that page, great artwork

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 04:24:12 PM »
Intresting ship design.  looks good/promising :)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 05:27:20 PM »
Looks good Russell, Can't wait for her textures, I'm SURE They're gonna look great :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

*puts ship on yellow alert*

Haha, finally be able to blow this errr...thing to space dust. :twisted:

LOL. :funny

I like what you have done great modelling, but I don't like the design sorry, not my idea of what rikers ship would be :(

It's not my idea of one either - my idea would be something intermediate in firepower between a Galaxy and Sovereign (after all Riker turned down a Nebula-class, which is way cooler than a Luna-class!), but this design kind of grew on me so I decided to make it, especially since LC has lately been tackling everything that needs replacement.  I'm also thinking of doing a new Akira-class, since this ship is very similar to an Akira (I wouldn't have too much trouble making an Akira).

Looks good Russell, Can't wait for her textures, I'm SURE They're gonna look great :)

Yes, they will. 8)

CR when you texture her can you add the thruster packs, the designer didnt know anything about them at the time.

As in RCS thrusters?  Those will be modelled onto the trim along the edge of the saucer that is submerged.

-CR

Offline mayhemuk

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 12:13:38 AM »
Nice one, and a new akira would also be great

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
I still can't wait to fly her.  I just wish I had advanced modeling skills so I can create my own ships :P  ONE DAY ONE DAY.

Keep it up Russell!  You're gonna outdo yourself :)

Roger
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »
Hey CR if you willing for another challenge you could do the mirror universe version by the same guy

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26365927/?qo=122&q=by%3Astourangeau&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

Wait, can this ship MVAM?

AndrewJ

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »
Hmmmm saucer section is defiant styled badass, and the stardrive is a Courageous styled mofo.

Damn I like this ship even more now :D

Offline Trekologist

• Delta Flyer dude
  • Cookies: 0
    • The Big R
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »

Wait, can this ship MVAM?

Sure looks like it.

---------------

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
mvam luna would make the ship more appealing, IMO...  and who's to say it wouldnt be "canon" anyway? lol

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 08:39:39 PM »
Actually I've reconsidered the MVAM thing since there is no impulse engine for the stardrive anywhere on my model or any of the pictures I've used - it was only on the Terran Empire version that Barnes posted a picture of.

-CR

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »
but but but - cant you just make impulse engines on the stardrive??  i mean, there really is no "canon"ess about it, you could have artistic license :)

ah ok, nvm, i'll stop being annoying :P  i can understand why you wouldnt want it to be mvam capable :)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »
Actually I've reconsidered the MVAM thing since there is no impulse engine for the stardrive anywhere on my model or any of the pictures I've used - it was only on the Terran Empire version that Barnes posted a picture of.

-CR

Damn that sucks. Have look looked at the 3D pictures in his Gallery? They are made by a Fan for the next book cover.

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »
but but but - cant you just make impulse engines on the stardrive??  i mean, there really is no "canon"ess about it, you could have artistic license :)

ah ok, nvm, i'll stop being annoying :P  i can understand why you wouldnt want it to be mvam capable :)

Actually i could make it MVAM capable quite easily by simply modelling on the top of the stardrive and bottom of the saucer that are concealed when the ship is together, and it would look really good too.

However there is NO good place for an impulse engine to be modelled to the stardrive portion of the ship, since it has a sleek structure like a Sovereign-class.  Also if I did make this ship MVAM capable it would probably end up with well over 18000 polygons when together.

What I need to do is make the nacelles look better and then get going texturing this ship.

-CR

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »
However there is NO good place for an impulse engine to be modelled to the stardrive portion of the ship

.... tried extruding it from a pylon? or welding it to a pylon? by welding I mean a small model merged by boolean operation with the pylon
would give it kinda NX-01's look on the impulse drives.

Offline mayhemuk

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »
I have to be boring and say leave it be, it is just fine as it is, if anything the normal titan can deploy the saucer when the stardrive is smashed up like most normal fed ships.

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
.... tried extruding it from a pylon? or welding it to a pylon? by welding I mean a small model merged by boolean operation with the pylon
would give it kinda NX-01's look on the impulse drives.

LOL.  You mean cut a gap into a pylon, build an impulse engine, and scoot it up to it and connect it?  There is no "boolean" operation in MS3D - you take spheres and cylinders and make what you want by scaling, trimming, and snapping the vertices of your meshes together to make a good, heavily-connected model that damages well.

I'm leaving this model as-is other than dealing with the unsightly aft nacelle tips.

-CR

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 06:57:19 AM »
You made that on Milkshape!? :shock:
Awesome.

I need more practice :lol: