Author Topic: Luna-class Starship - Another Update  (Read 16708 times)

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
Luna-class Starship - Another Update
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »
This is supposedly the class of Riker's USS Titan.  I just finished the model (well sort of) today and put it into Bridge Commander for a test run, and it damages very well.  The model has 13264 polygons, and still needs a few smoothing errors taken care of.  I plan on following the basic texturing of some cartoon pictures that I have of the Luna-class, but this ship will likely have high-detail Sovereign-style textures, and will of course be cut up to use the Skinning & Damaging Tool.

Not everything on this ship is "canon" as the nacelles were incredibly-difficult to make after the lame cartoons that I used to make the ship - I also think that the aft tips of the nacelles should be fixed up to look a little better.  I also went with a shuttle bay that is not the dome style like a Sovereign-class, since it didn't look good on this model.

Have a look at the screenshots from Bridge Commander (Milkshape renders aren't very exciting):

AndrewJ

Re: Luna-class Starship
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
Interesting design...

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:54:20 PM »
It might not be exactly canon to the one seen on the novel covers but its pretty damn close and thats good enough.

Nice job. Cant wait to see it textured. Im hoping that this wont mess up my bridge charcters like the your 2nd version of the Nebula class seemed to. Im still not quite sure why that happened.

Anyway, really cool to see someone finally making this.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline ModderMan

• Freaky Old School
  • Cookies: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:56:09 PM »
Good job CR somebody finally had the courage to make this beast Jk :)

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »
It might not be exactly canon to the one seen on the novel covers but its pretty damn close and thats good enough.

Nice job. Cant wait to see it textured. Im hoping that this wont mess up my bridge charcters like the your 2nd version of the Nebula class seemed to. Im still not quite sure why that happened.

Anyway, really cool to see someone finally making this.

Don't worry there won't be any special scripting that could impact on anybody's game.

I also forgot to say that the NX Luna will not have the torpedo pod and will have blue stripes instead of red ones.

Oh yeah, and does anybody want an MVAM Captain's yacht?  I modelled the bottom of the Captain's yacht (clearly visible) using a modified campher and wondered if anyone would care about this.

-CR

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
Pretty job at it CR.

About time someone model that ugly err.. different design.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »
Im impressed CR but i thought that the shuttlebay doors were the classic clamshell design seen on the TOS/TMP Enterprise/A and the ends of the nacelles need work i hate to say but overall the work is outstanding

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
LOL.  I already know that the nacelle ends suck. :lol:

However I'm sticking with the shuttle bay that I have - I made a clam one for it originally and it didn't look good.

-CR

Offline Trekologist

• Delta Flyer dude
  • Cookies: 0
    • The Big R
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:17:05 PM »
I've got the actual pictures of the ship, somewhere on my photobucket. I could send them to you, but if you like prefer  the comic one go ahead. In fact now that I think about it, wouldn't that be some sort of copyright thing if you made the model after the actual thing? I don't know, nor care.

It's CR's work, which means it'll be awesome ship. Maybe, just maybe, he'll let a hardcore CR fan (seriously, I've got nearly everything I could get my hands on that CR worked on, I did searches for his stuff...I need to get a life sometime in the near future  8)) he'll let me beta-test it or something.

---------------

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
When I think it's done I might let you beta-test it; hopefully BlackRook32, Adonis, and maybe Elminster will be able to beta-test it too.

-CR

Offline admiral horton

• Cookies: 4
    • my devianart page
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »
hey man great start i hope to see more
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Please visit my Deviantart page at http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

Offline mayhemuk

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 05:27:34 AM »
Yes mate now this is what im talking about, it looks close enough to me, nice work on the model mate. i cant wait to see her textured, as for the shuttle i wouldnt worry about a mvam mod version, i think it is just a waste of time when it comes to shuttles.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
I like what you have done great modelling, but I don't like the design sorry, not my idea of what rikers ship would be :(

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
Lookin good. Can't wait to see the textured version :whenitsdone

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 08:13:50 AM »
They actually 3d for the cover is made, you can find renders on the Designers Devart page.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »
Nice work Russ, I've been hoping somebody would have a crack at this ship, I can think of no-one better for the job. A good start with this model, and welcome back to the BCC boards!!  :D

@ Kori, Would it be possible for you to post a link to these 3D Renders, you've got me interested!!
  :)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »

*puts ship on yellow alert*

Haha, finally be able to blow this errr...thing to space dust. :twisted:
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline MickJo

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 10:45:31 AM »
very nice, good work CR.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »
@ Kori, Would it be possible for you to post a link to these 3D Renders, you've got me interested!!  :)

http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/

look threw all his pages, he has tones of concept ships and 3d renders.

(he didn't make the model, it is the same model going on the Cover made by Ellery Connell A.K.A masterjedi)

Offline mayhemuk

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »
CR when you texture her can you add the thruster packs, the designer didnt know anything about them at the time.