Author Topic: Valdore Bridge WIP  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Valdore Bridge WIP
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:24:19 PM »
(decided may as well try and finish bridges started rather than begin new ones)

Renders of Valdore bridge from Nemesis (ingame shots will look different).  Trying to match blue lighting from film (wip).  Little to go on from film - we only see relatively brief tight shots of Cmdr Donatra and crew at consoles - but info on Eaves website useful.  Variant of Sov bridge, so have kept basic shape and ceiling. This bridge slightly smaller than Sov, which I think appropriate for Valdore.  Tactical and Helm will go to 'Klingon' side consoles,  Eng and Science to rear seats.   May walk extras to side lcars.   Front and viewscreen were challenge as no canon images. But Eaves says Valdore used viewscreen from Sona ship (Insurrection) so have matched/adjusted that to Romulan style.

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
Re: Valdore Bridge WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »
I like a lot this bridge! Compliments! In my opinion, you made also the right choioce in building the viewscreen like that: I like large viewscreens!

Only one thing, but this is only an aesthetical (right spelling?) opinion: I would prefer a grey ambient instead of the blue-violet one, but this is only a personal preference :)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »
it is a bit purple...

but other than that, i love where youre going with this!!  :dance :yay:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
Like I said, hue is attempt to match blue lighting from film and is not final (these are just max renders).  Didn't want to show renders without some sort of hue as film set looks different under normal lighting so want to try and recreate film look.   Still WIP as all bridges are until released  :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »
right on - i am very excited about this bridge!
i cant wait to watch it unfold! :D

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 07:26:38 PM »
All I have to say is thank you :yay:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
YES!  i caught a repeat of Nemesis a couple months ago when BBCAmerica was running a "british Heroes" marathon (they WOULD play the Costner version of Robin Hood  :facepalm:), and was thinking "that would make a good bridge".  i even deliberatly looked at the consoles when they focused on them during picard's fight back.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
Cool take on this one!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
First ingame pics.

Obviously:  planned blue lighting not worked as hoped; lightmaps and textures need work; still using Sov anims and viewscreen. But all fixable and gives a taster. Think once sorted probs will be nice little bridge.  

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
 :eek  Looks good , of course any bridges are good
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
Looks pretty darn cool.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »
Is it just me, or does the design on the doors (if those are doors, I never knew for sure) have a trace of the autobots symbol from Transformers?  Maybe the Nemesis set staff did a little homage...  ;)

Quote from: Lurok
Think once sorted probs will be nice little bridge.
Couldn't agree more.  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »
Is it just me, or does the design on the doors (if those are doors, I never knew for sure) have a trace of the autobots symbol from Transformers?  Maybe the Nemesis set staff did a little homage...  ;)
Couldn't agree more  :funny   Obviously been staring at actual set photos for a while and had wondered that but thought probably just coincidence.

I assumed like you they're doors.  Those set designers aren't idiots, and can't figure out why else they would place  symmetrical/mirrored wallpanels at either side of bridge.  Bit redundant styling if not doors  :D.  I assume they're like Klingon doors and lead to corridor rather than turbolift?   Anyway, I'm making them anim doors,  and if look a bit boring/dark when open up will try and do a little trompe l'oeil corridor behind.  

New ingame pics (ignore figure at front,lol).  Will probably try and lighten a little so that when go to red alert, bridge will naturally darken anyway.  This is prob as close as I'm going to get to movie battle lighting.

Lightpanels need fixing,  and still couple of tweaks to do.  But modelling phase nearly done so will begin new anims.

EDIT: lightened textures (pic1 orig; rest are new lightened).  Lightpanels not playing ball, so may have to leave as is... :banghead:

Oh, one thing I forgot.  When deciding crew positions forgot Saffi.   If keep positions as first post, she'll be a bit redundant and probably just stuck at side.   If going for more canon,  I assume she'd be at sidecon, with Tactical at other.  Which would mean there would have to be a helm position/station we didn't see onscreen and Eaves doesn't reference.   I only figured to put Tact and Helm at sidecons as I know they were used for those functions on some Klingon bridges (pre-DS9).  

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
Alternatively, you could leave Saffi standing near the captain's chair, hands behind her back. A sub commander ready to act out her commander's orders. I'm not sure if I read you correctly, but wouldn't that save you the trouble of re-arranging the stations?

Wonderful work, as always.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
Alternatively, you could leave Saffi standing near the captain's chair, hands behind her back. A sub commander ready to act out her commander's orders. I'm not sure if I read you correctly, but wouldn't that save you the trouble of re-arranging the stations?

Wonderful work, as always.

Thanks  :thumbsup:   Could get a bit busy with Saffi standing over shoulder as well, even if militarily makes sense  :)   Let's see what others think

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
stick her out in the hallway lol

If going for more canon,  I assume she'd be at sidecon, with Tactical at other.  Which would mean there would have to be a helm position/station we didn't see onscreen and Eaves doesn't reference.    
you could always use creative licensing - im sure no one would make an issue if you made a helm station in the front...

another idea, you could have saffi and felix stand at one station and kiska and an extra (who could be permanent or walk-on-walk-off) at the other station...  tho it might seemed as little crammed with 2 officers standing at a station, i dunno...  just a random idea...
or, perhaps saffi could stand facing and working at the back console, between brex and felix...

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
The only thing I would change, is the bevel....if you decrease the bevel effect slightly, it would look a lot better. Other than that, it's coming together!

~Jb

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
I bet there is a combined Helm/Tactical/Sensor Station on this ship...
It seems Romulan to trust you tactical officer to pilot a vessel, also if only Saffi had a disruptor pistol pointed at her head................
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
The only thing I would change, is the bevel....if you decrease the bevel effect slightly, it would look a lot better. Other than that, it's coming together!

~Jb
agree  :)   was one of aesthetic things planning to change.

stick her out in the hallway lol
you could always use creative licensing - im sure no one would make an issue if you made a helm station in the front...
I bet there is a combined Helm/Tactical/Sensor Station on this ship...
It seems Romulan to trust you tactical officer to pilot a vessel, also if only Saffi had a disruptor pistol pointed at her head................
Found some additional production/set images which have helped clarify a few things.  Definitely no standalone helm console, so I'm going to stick to plan A and place Saffi at a side wall.  Ideally I'd prefer to combine her and Felix, but don't think that's poss (lol). Viewscreen is nearly right - just need to make a few tweaks.   Cap console too tall - need to reduce height slightly.  Should be able to be used while seated.  And those are def doors at rear.  

EDIT: latest ingame pics.  Main crew in positions, Saffi over at side.   Adjusted front as per canon production stills.  Still bits of tweaking to do with anims, textures, lightmaps but almost there.  And extra walk-ons to do.  Unfortunately red alert state makes bridge too dark.  So either have to lighten green alert, which loathe to do, or make red alert different. 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »
*updated*